anyone running, or have pics of high mount/frisco pegs?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TimB1640
    • Nov 2009

any more ????

Comment

• vagrant318
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by BillyT
      This is just 1/4" flat bar welded to the stock mount. It's gussted on the back. No folding. I laid the bike over one day, and the thing just sat on the peg, like a crash guard.

Just flipped the shifter over and it was perfect for me.

And the brake side

You gotta space your master up just the same. I run a GSXR master, so mine won't really help you too much. But just take a piece of 1/4 plate and drill two sets of holes in it, one set moved up 2" and just bolt that to where the master bolts up then the master to the plate.

On the road.....

Really diggin your bike Billy, simple and badass, that exhaust is killer. Just picked up a 1200S today, gonna go for something similiar- cafe//bratstyle/tracker doesnt really fall in a niche. Mids put my knees up in the air though, wouldnt do high mids but they look cool

Comment

• TimB1640
        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by mreed
        I made some for my Ironhead. It would be a similar job for any bike.

that's cool ! what size is that piece of channel you used? i'd like to do something like that for my build
        Last edited by TimB1640; 09-08-2012, 7:20 PM.

Comment

• mreed
          • Dec 2010

Thanks. 1" wide 1/2" tall but it doesn't really matter what size you use, that's just what I had laying around. Just needs to be strong enough to hold your weight if you need to stand up on the pegs for rough roads or whatever.

Comment

• SeaChicken
            • Oct 2010

Think I'm gonna have to do that with my forwards. I have to ride with farwards because my long legs cramp with mids but I'm always dragging and catching the ground with them.

Comment

• TimB1640
              • Nov 2009

Thanks. 1" wide 1/2" tall but it doesn't really matter what size you use, that's just what I had laying around. Just needs to be strong enough to hold your weight if you need to stand up on the pegs for rough roads or whatever.
              i was thinking along those lines too and that's why i asked. thank you

Comment

• BillyT
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Japexican
                Thanks BillyT.....pics will help out a lot. How do you like the ride?
                It took a minute to really get used it it. My buddy was sitting on it this weekend(he rides a newer nighster with mids) and was like "no way". Its a whole different sensation when you turn. Puts you a little more on top on the bike than "in" it. Wouldn't think 2" would be that dramatic, but it is.

Originally posted by vagrant318
                Really diggin your bike Billy, simple and badass, that exhaust is killer. Just picked up a 1200S today, gonna go for something similiar- cafe//bratstyle/tracker doesnt really fall in a niche. Mids put my knees up in the air though, wouldnt do high mids but they look cool
                I think dudes call this a modder. Kinda stock, but way kinda not. And mine, really, takes most of the function out of the modder, lil too low. But I'm a slave to the low, so...

Comment

• whiteknucklz
                  • Sep 2012

This is a pretty bad ass idea!! Kudos!

Comment

• hawtpocket
                    • Jan 2011

Comment

• bigrob0813
                      • May 2012

Mreed you got some sweet ass chops I like your front end if you dont mind me askin how many inches over is that front end and the rake angel im gonna get extended fork tubes for my fxe trying to get a rough idea

Comment

• mreed
                        • Dec 2010

I don't know. I can measure. I tried a few different front ends until I found one that le me throw a full kick without the pedal hitting the ground. It's an "offset" springer so that means it's raked a bit.

Comment

• bigrob0813
                          • May 2012

Ya man let me know if you can id appreciate it

Comment

• buschandbusch
                            • Jul 2011

I made my peg mounts to come up about as high as the engine case. It's tricky on a sporty ironhead where the case sticks out more on the left side, so the peg on the left is offset into the center of the bike more so that when you look at it from the front they appear even. I've seen a lot of goofy ass sporties where the pegs stick out 4 inches further on the left. Mine mount off of the stock frame mounts with aluminum clamp blocks, the risers are 1" aluminum. Here's my high mids on a '75 frame:

Comment

• leucadiaguitars
                              • Nov 2013

I 'm lost did you run the chanel all the way across the bottom of the frame. I was thinking about that since I am fat. better than just welding in some bungs...

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;