CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
    gravitywerx

Default clutch adjustment with foot clutch? efi sporty

ok, my foot clutch/ jockey shift works great except for one thing. there is no play in my clutch. i cannot feather it until i feel the bike start to move...i have to give it gas and a couple of times i have given it too much and about come off the bike. is it ok to adjust the clutch so i can feather it? or will this over time damage the clutch? another question....so i dont spend hours putting the cover off and on, which way do i adjust the but to give it more play?

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

get the clymers

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by gravitywerx View Post
    ok, my foot clutch/ jockey shift works great except for one thing. there is no play in my clutch. i cannot feather it until i feel the bike start to move...i have to give it gas and a couple of times i have given it too much and about come off the bike. is it ok to adjust the clutch so i can feather it? or will this over time damage the clutch? another question....so i dont spend hours putting the cover off and on, which way do i adjust the but to give it more play?

your adjustment is in the clamp. i'm running pretty much the same set up... either loosen or tighten your clamp on the cable itself. i worked with mine for hours! and i mean hours

Get Adobe Flash player

If you adjust it on the clutch itself and not the cable you're going to fuck your clutch up over time. Take the clamp off of the cable and let it sit there. Then adjust your clutch to factory specs, or the clutch manufacturers spec. After that figure out where you want the lever to sit, then put the cable back together with the clamp.

On my set up when I mash the clutch down until my foot is flush with the floorboard I know it's been depressed just enough to fully disengage the clutch and allow me to shift. No searching around for the friction point when I stop on a hill or anywhere else for that matter.

Get Adobe Flash player

+1 to what rust rocket said, do the full adjustment process or the tension on the clutch itself wont be right and will f some serious shit up later.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by rustrocket84 View Post
    If you adjust it on the clutch itself and not the cable you're going to fuck your clutch up over time. Take the clamp off of the cable and let it sit there. Then adjust your clutch to factory specs, or the clutch manufacturers spec. After that figure out where you want the lever to sit, then put the cable back together with the clamp.

On my set up when I mash the clutch down until my foot is flush with the floorboard I know it's been depressed just enough to fully disengage the clutch and allow me to shift. No searching around for the friction point when I stop on a hill or anywhere else for that matter.

2years and 20 thousand miles later. still good.

I have a auto clutch bike in the shop with the same problem i'm having to move the loop where the clutch attaches because your missing the middle adjustment in the clutch. meaning that you cannot fully adjust the clutch in the correct process.... it's easier to losen the clutch from the inside of the dirby cover then pull the loop simi tight then adjust the clutch until the lever starts to move upwards. the back it off a 1/4 turn
    Last edited by TooLoe; 03-28-2011 at 8:20 PM.

Share This