CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    LivingCanvas

Default Question about painting my bike a color thats used by certain clubs

Here's the problem, I live in southern California, in an area that has many Hells Angels, Vagos, and Mongols. Is there any real danger in painting my bike in a color that is associated with any of these groups? These guys have their own thing going on that I wouldn't want to be in the middle of

I know maybe this sounds rediculous to some, but the reality here is, there are some bad things going on between these groups. I dont want to get stabbed or beaten or my bike destroyed if I can avoid it.

Bike is going to be black frame and engine, with chrome bits. For the tank and tail I wanted either white with red grips, or dark dark green with black grips. Both of these I've come to find are deeply associated with certain groups...

They have their beliefs and that's cool, but im just a grease monkey with a wife and child that wrenches on motorcycles and old cars and trucks
    Last edited by LivingCanvas; 03-24-2011 at 10:17 PM.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Paint it pink if you're that paranoid.

LivingCanvas

I figured there would be a response like this, but word on the street is that tensions are very high between groups right now. I'm not in this type of life style and i dont know how seriously the colors are taken. People get f@#$ed up for less around here

undeadfred1

im gonna say as long as you arn't rockin patches or have any logos on it you will be fine.

LivingCanvas

I figured that would be the case. I just don't know anyone in or around these dudes to ask what's what. I just ride in my regular street clothes so I wouldn't even have a blank vest or anything.

Get Adobe Flash player

If you just paint your bike with a normal scheme you'll be fine. If you go putting Death Heads or support stickers on it then I could see where you might be approached but I really doubt that scheme will raise any eyebrows.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by drumballer View Post
    If you just paint your bike with a normal scheme you'll be fine. If you go putting Death Heads or support stickers on it then I could see where you might be approached but I really doubt that scheme will raise any eyebrows.
    +1

Get Adobe Flash player

i lived in socal for a long time and you are not paranoid. its smart to consider this. on the other hand, those guys have taken pretty much every good color scheme there is. i agree with the responses here. paint it how you like and stay away from patches, support stickers, skulls and such. thats when you could run into trouble.

Get Adobe Flash player

as long as you aren't acting like a tough guy & running your mouth or running any kind of support gear , you won't have any trouble .

Every colour is associated with some gang or group , you would go crazy trying to not offend anyone according to you colour combos .

Get Adobe Flash player

living where you live, riding a harley and painting a bike either of those schemes is gonna be a crap shoot. most times members don't give a fuck about civilians, but other times they do. maybe a blue bike?

Get Adobe Flash player

they may give you a "second look" goin down the street but they shouldn't do anything if you aint on their set.....they don't need more problems with the law.

Get Adobe Flash player

Do what you want , if your not pretending to be something your not then nobody will care . Its a non issue really.

otto138

+1 like everyone said as long as you're not trying to claim to be something you should be fine. Chose your favorite color(s) and do what you like.

Get Adobe Flash player

your conserns are VERY VALID , depending on the color choices you make it could be considered "implied membership " as many members of 1% clubs paint their bikes to reflect club colors so even if it doesnt offend the club you paint it like you could just as easily offend opposing clubs who could easily mistake your intent
    id consider chosing a different color combo or directly approaching a member and asking permission

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDutch View Post
    Paint it pink if you're that paranoid.
    I'm with NeoDutch: People are this paranoid?

I would imagine that as long as you aren't using their Club Identifiers you could paint your bike pea green with purple polka-dots. Now if you paint the Death's Head on your tank and you are trying to hang out around 1% clubs or acting as though you are associated then you're probably going to have problems.

Just paint it how you want it.

LivingCanvas

Quote Originally Posted by Shopshirt View Post
    I'm with NeoDutch: People are this paranoid?

I would imagine that as long as you aren't using their Club Identifiers you could paint your bike pea green with purple polka-dots. Now if you paint the Death's Head on your tank and you are trying to hang out around 1% clubs or acting as though you are associated then you're probably going to have problems.

Just paint it how you want it.
    It's funny how a guy from Australia and a guy from Texas is saying I'm paranoid. If youre not around here, you really have no idea what you're talking about (as far as this subject is concerned). Look at the other posts (such as panmasters post) in this thread about it possibly being a problem...

The reality is that here in socal, and specifically the inland empire area I live in, the Angels and Vagos are going at it again. All it takes is a prospect trying to impress his brothers for you to take a bat to the face while riding down the freeway because you had a green bike or whatever.
    Last edited by LivingCanvas; 03-25-2011 at 1:31 PM.

I grew up in Lakeside Cali. There where always plenty of HA's around.Frankly they don't give a shit what your doing as long as your not interfering with them. They are for the most part pretty professional in there own dealings. Another words they're not stupid , they know what they are looking at and defiantly would not draw attention to them selves just to mess with an average Joe on a colorful bike. Like mentioned before, it all depends on how your acting and looking. I've actually had them come up to me and tell me how cool they thought my car was. Had they not been obvious, by sporting there rockers, I would have never known the difference. Paint it how you like, and enjoy it!!!

LivingCanvas

Ive actually had good dealings with all three major clubs around here. I used to stunt ride crotch rockets professionally and at various shows I've met members of whatever group and theyre all usually pretty cool with people. Just dont piss them off haha

I was thinking of doing my whole bike in black with chrome side covers, and then doing the tank and rear fender in dark green or olive drab green. You think that would cause problems? Days ago only a few miles from my house some HA's went in to a Vagos club house and stirred up some shit, so I think tensions are running high

In my younger days I would just run it and see what happens, but I have a wife and child to look out for now, so yes, I guess I have become that paranoid. I look at things differently now. Maybe it made me a bitch I dunno lol
    Last edited by LivingCanvas; 03-25-2011 at 1:54 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

I am a member of a MC and understand your concern, but being honest, I wouldn't worry about it. The color of your bike is just that, a COLOR. As long as your not rockin patches of any kind, club or support, you should be fine. There is always a chance that you might get approached, but be honest and above all show RESPECT and you will get respect.

Get Adobe Flash player

I think you'll be cool, but I'd be worried about Jax and Opie! Them dudes are legit!! Yayyyy.....Just wanted to get a sons reference in...

I'm from Cali too and my last bike was a "club" color and I never had a problem. I just ride around a look like a total pussy( so normal) and it totally fools them..just sayin!

Share This