Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LivingCanvas
    • Apr 2024

Question about painting my bike a color thats used by certain clubs

Here's the problem, I live in southern California, in an area that has many Hells Angels, Vagos, and Mongols. Is there any real danger in painting my bike in a color that is associated with any of these groups? These guys have their own thing going on that I wouldn't want to be in the middle of

I know maybe this sounds rediculous to some, but the reality here is, there are some bad things going on between these groups. I dont want to get stabbed or beaten or my bike destroyed if I can avoid it.

Bike is going to be black frame and engine, with chrome bits. For the tank and tail I wanted either white with red grips, or dark dark green with black grips. Both of these I've come to find are deeply associated with certain groups...

They have their beliefs and that's cool, but im just a grease monkey with a wife and child that wrenches on motorcycles and old cars and trucks
    Last edited by Guest; 03-24-2011, 10:17 PM.
  • NeoDutch
    • Aug 2009

Paint it pink if you're that paranoid.

Comment

• LivingCanvas
      • Apr 2024

I figured there would be a response like this, but word on the street is that tensions are very high between groups right now. I'm not in this type of life style and i dont know how seriously the colors are taken. People get f@#$ed up for less around here

Comment

• undeadfred1
        • Apr 2024

im gonna say as long as you arn't rockin patches or have any logos on it you will be fine.

Comment

• LivingCanvas
          • Apr 2024

I figured that would be the case. I just don't know anyone in or around these dudes to ask what's what. I just ride in my regular street clothes so I wouldn't even have a blank vest or anything.

Comment

• drumballer
            • Jun 2010

If you just paint your bike with a normal scheme you'll be fine. If you go putting Death Heads or support stickers on it then I could see where you might be approached but I really doubt that scheme will raise any eyebrows.

Comment

• MegaDON666
              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by drumballer
              If you just paint your bike with a normal scheme you'll be fine. If you go putting Death Heads or support stickers on it then I could see where you might be approached but I really doubt that scheme will raise any eyebrows.
              +1

Comment

• wizardhand
                • Dec 2009

i lived in socal for a long time and you are not paranoid. its smart to consider this. on the other hand, those guys have taken pretty much every good color scheme there is. i agree with the responses here. paint it how you like and stay away from patches, support stickers, skulls and such. thats when you could run into trouble.

Comment

• mikestobbe
                  • Aug 2009

as long as you aren't acting like a tough guy & running your mouth or running any kind of support gear , you won't have any trouble .

Every colour is associated with some gang or group , you would go crazy trying to not offend anyone according to you colour combos .

Comment

• shiftace
                    • Aug 2009

living where you live, riding a harley and painting a bike either of those schemes is gonna be a crap shoot. most times members don't give a fuck about civilians, but other times they do. maybe a blue bike?

Comment

• spsgold
                      • Oct 2010

they may give you a "second look" goin down the street but they shouldn't do anything if you aint on their set.....they don't need more problems with the law.

Comment

• northlandak
                        • Oct 2009

Do what you want , if your not pretending to be something your not then nobody will care . Its a non issue really.

Comment

• otto138
                          • Apr 2024

+1 like everyone said as long as you're not trying to claim to be something you should be fine. Chose your favorite color(s) and do what you like.

Comment

• panmaster
                            • Dec 2010

your conserns are VERY VALID , depending on the color choices you make it could be considered "implied membership " as many members of 1% clubs paint their bikes to reflect club colors so even if it doesnt offend the club you paint it like you could just as easily offend opposing clubs who could easily mistake your intent
                            id consider chosing a different color combo or directly approaching a member and asking permission

Comment

• Shopshirt
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by NeoDutch
                              Paint it pink if you're that paranoid.
                              I'm with NeoDutch: People are this paranoid?

I would imagine that as long as you aren't using their Club Identifiers you could paint your bike pea green with purple polka-dots. Now if you paint the Death's Head on your tank and you are trying to hang out around 1% clubs or acting as though you are associated then you're probably going to have problems.

Just paint it how you want it.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;