Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Keeleyvision
    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by TurnerR
    The part with the "drugs" made me roll my eyes.
    That part really took me out of it. who packs a bong on a trip where packing light really matters? People with a support team, that's who. Don't get me wrong, I was fully aware that this was "drama", the establishing shots of them pulling up to spots "for the first time", and how every time there was a problem on the road there seemed to be a fully stocked and manned chopper shop, drone shots, etc... but come on, I have come up on weed near the end of a long scooter trip, you either buy papers, or your packing your buddies long exausted dug-out and hitting the one-e till it's ready to melt. I'm not hating on the editing of that scene, editors want to play too.

Comment

• HedleyLamarr
      • Jun 2012

watched it last night...fell asleep before the end, but that was mostly because of scotch

I noticed during a lot of the riding scenes, they're maybe going 10 miles an hour

I get what it was trying to do....it just tried pretty damn hard

I also noticed there was a scene where one of em was on his own, taking a piss, and his friends blow by him. dicks. especially when they broke down so often; who's to say he wasn't broken down?

and while it looked fun, I'm not sure riding through saltwater is the best idea for old metal

and I kept thinking one of the guys was Dusty that took all the money from that dying guy or whatever...probably not

and the narrator sounded cooler when he did the spoken word before Jesus Built My Hotrod

Comment

• Jessechop
        • Jan 2012

I think the bong scene was a easyrider throw back attempt.

Comment

• Keeleyvision
          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by HedleyLamarr
          watched it last night...fell asleep before the end, but that was mostly because of scotch

I noticed during a lot of the riding scenes, they're maybe going 10 miles an hour

I get what it was trying to do....it just tried pretty damn hard

I also noticed there was a scene where one of em was on his own, taking a piss, and his friends blow by him. dicks. especially when they broke down so often; who's to say he wasn't broken down?

and while it looked fun, I'm not sure riding through saltwater is the best idea for old metal

and I kept thinking one of the guys was Dusty that took all the money from that dying guy or whatever...probably not

and the narrator sounded cooler when he did the spoken word before Jesus Built My Hotrod
          Allot of the stuff you mentioned hit me weird as well, allot of the movie reminded me of the closing credits in "6-over", where it gave me a kinda "WTF is this?" vibe, like a weird disjointed feeling.

Comment

• Southbanker
            • Sep 2010

All that was missing was a naked pillow fight.

Comment

• Keeleyvision
              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Southbanker
              All that was missing was a naked pillow fight.
              that's in the DVD extras, along with the extended cut of "hipster dude in a towel waits for his paints to get more vintage-er at the hands of the pin-up chick" also included is 74 minutes of the narrator saying "and that just what he did" in his best Sam Elliot voice, it's pretty dope.

Comment

• HedleyLamarr
                • Jun 2012

hopefully this will fill the void you're experiencing

Comment

• HedleyLamarr
                  • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Keeleyvision
                  that's in the DVD extras, along with the extended cut of "hipster dude in a towel waits for his paints to get more vintage-er at the hands of the pin-up chick" also included is 74 minutes of the narrator saying "and that just what he did" in his best Sam Elliot voice, it's pretty dope.
                  ha....that part was funny. She's slaving over the pants, and he doesn't even look at her when he takes em. Then she gives a look when they take off like "I'm gonna fuck you're brother while you're gone"

Comment

• 78BritBastard
                    • Nov 2014

The nararator is Robert Patrick, the guy that played the T1000 in Terminator 2. The writing for the narration was ridiculous. Takes itself waay too seriously, but that's what the entire movie does. Would of been a lot better if they lightened up.

Comment

• hillcat
                      • Mar 2015

These have been the best and most qualified reviews for this movie.
                      I have watched it and am now at the point where I turn the volume down, put on music and dick around with the laptop. The narration is ridiculous.
                      I will add it to my short list of movies (6 Over, Born Free 4, EDR, Salt Ghost) That I "background" watch, no volume. Any other recommendations? I have Netflix & Hulu streaming.
                      The only other thing I have to add is, when will these moviemakers realize that we have NO interest in watching somebody's head/face as they talk? Maybe show them for a second and then cut to their bike. We want to see bikes and people riding them. Not people talking about them!
                      Sorry, rant over.

Comment

• 78BritBastard
                        • Nov 2014

Originally posted by hillcat
                        These have been the best and most qualified reviews for this movie.
                        I have watched it and am now at the point where I turn the volume down, put on music and dick around with the laptop. The narration is ridiculous.
                        I will add it to my short list of movies (6 Over, Born Free 4, EDR, Salt Ghost) That I "background" watch, no volume. Any other recommendations? I have Netflix & Hulu streaming.
                        The only other thing I have to add is, when will these moviemakers realize that we have NO interest in watching somebody's head/face as they talk? Maybe show them for a second and then cut to their bike. We want to see bikes and people riding them. Not people talking about them!
                        Sorry, rant over.
                        How come you watch salt ghost with now volume? That movie is great! I love hearing that motor fire up the first time in decades.

Comment

• Keeleyvision
                          • Aug 2015

hopefully this will fill the void you're experiencing

I give that 5 out of 5 stars, best independent film I have seen in a while.

Comment

• HedleyLamarr
                            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by 78BritBastard
                            The nararator is Robert Patrick, the guy that played the T1000 in Terminator 2. The writing for the narration was ridiculous.
                            well damn....that throws in another element. I like him - he's pretty legit

Comment

• Motorradfahrer
                              • Aug 2009

I liked the film but as others have already said, the narration was a bit over the top.

Anyone else notice that Kurpius kick-starts his bike a lot easier than most guys with Ironheads (me included)? Does anyone know if he runs low compression pistons? I have to jump up to get enough force to kick my Ironhead but Kurpius keeps his left leg on the ground when he kicks over his bike.

Comment

• 78BritBastard
                                • Nov 2014

well damn....that throws in another element. I like him - he's pretty legit
                                Fuck yeah, he's been in a lot of good shit!
                                Terminator 2
                                Copland
                                Strange Wilderness
                                X-Files
                                Walk the Line

All in all, as much as I think the movie is corny in places and overly serious, I give respect to anyone that takes a trip like that on old bikes. If I had friends I'd want to do the same thing!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;