Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LisaBallard
    • Jul 2009

Ride To Born-Free 7

Born-Free & Chop Cult are teaming up to help you organize group rides to Born-Free 7 by using ChopCult.com as the tool to get it done. I have created a thread in the main forum titled Ride to Born-Free, this thread will help connect people in different areas who want to ride to Born-Free together. We will also be seeking help from ChopCult members that wish to offer their shops that can help with parts and services.

If you are planning on riding, let's borrow an example from The Brolex forum and apply it here. Just place (example) Riding to Born-Free from ATL, GA. in the title line. This can be done by clicking reply, then click Go Advance, and typing Riding to Born Free from ATL, GA in the title line. This will help you attain new friends along the way. If you would like to offer your shop or services just like in Hugh Owings' Travel Assistance thread, we would ask that you add the following to keep it simple:

THE BASICS: (Highlight your area in RED to make scrolling through that much easier...)

Name: Hugh

Email: [email protected]

Resources: MIG, TIG; Most Fabrication Tools; Metric and Standard Hand Tools; Small Truck / Sometimes an 8 Foot Trailer; Garage Workshop; Hot Dogs and Beer (Unless you drink all my beer, then I have none, haha)

Other: I usually have plenty of room for a nights stay, or until you get your bike running again. I also don't mind driving an hour or so in a time of need...

If you have ever crossed paths with Hugh, you know that everything listed above is true. Hell, he would probably give you the shirt off his back if needed. You can also add ideal spots for camping, points of interest, etc. We’re not asking for endless promotion from any one business. We would like to see everyone promote themselves here. Just be sure to use the title line. The more information posted, the better outcome for all!

There is nothing better than seeing this beautiful country on a motorcycle. Head west to the Pacific Ocean and meet new people, party like crazy, ride your motorcycle and share this incredible experience with friends. Now is the time to get your bikes running, call your riding buddies, put in those vacation requests and order your free roadside assistance BAM Card from Russ Brown.

Please go to www.bornfreeshow.com for all things Born-Free and give them a follow on Facebook and Instagram.

Have fun and enjoy the Ride to Born-Free!

Lisa
    #RIDETOBF7 #bf7 #CHOPCULT
    Last edited by LisaBallard; 09-03-2015, 1:23 AM.
  • Huero
    • Mar 2011

Riding to Born-Free from Newburgh, NY

Thought I'd drop the first reply to this because I've been trying to get back to CA so why not paddle out past the break and ride the BF wave back home.

First, and most importantly, I will probably NOT be attending BF the entire time, just enough to see Kyle at LeadFist take home a trophy and call it a day. I'm going to take advantage of the trip and see my Pops and my oldest daughter and a few friends but will return when the show ends with the group.

Second, I will be on my old Shovel garbage wagon....I can do 70 but I'm not going to redline my scoot to the point where I break down in the MidWest. Point being is that I will take the slow and low approach, just like a Mexican should.

Finally, I don't have an Instagram account so I won't be stopping for hours on end to take selfies in a corn field in Iowa next to some roadkill wearing the "Brotherhood of the Not-So Traveling Vest". I will have a small tent with me and would like to camp as MUCH as feasibly possible so I'm down to take pictures of you throwing up in sleeping bag after too many PBR's though.

ROUTE:

Unsure at this stage but I can edit this later...I have traveled x-country many times in my life and it seems as though the Southern route tends to be the most predictable as far as weather, gas, help, other riders wanting to tag along, etc., but I'm down to leave it up to a democratic vote and we can go from there.

My only request is that if you want to ride, you got to keep your PMA...who's down?

Comment

• ChrisFinn22
      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Huero
      Thought I'd drop the first reply to this because I've been trying to get back to CA so why not paddle out past the break and ride the BF wave back home.

First, and most importantly, I will probably NOT be attending BF the entire time, just enough to see Kyle at LeadFist take home a trophy and call it a day. I'm going to take advantage of the trip and see my Pops and my oldest daughter and a few friends but will return when the show ends with the group.

Second, I will be on my old Shovel garbage wagon....I can do 70 but I'm not going to redline my scoot to the point where I break down in the MidWest. Point being is that I will take the slow and low approach, just like a Mexican should.

Finally, I don't have an Instagram account so I won't be stopping for hours on end to take selfies in a corn field in Iowa next to some roadkill wearing the "Brotherhood of the Not-So Traveling Vest". I will have a small tent with me and would like to camp as MUCH as feasibly possible so I'm down to take pictures of you throwing up in sleeping bag after too many PBR's though.

ROUTE:

Unsure at this stage but I can edit this later...I have traveled x-country many times in my life and it seems as though the Southern route tends to be the most predictable as far as weather, gas, help, other riders wanting to tag along, etc., but I'm down to leave it up to a democratic vote and we can go from there.

My only request is that if you want to ride, you got to keep your PMA...who's down?
      hey i live in Port Jervis, were practically neighbors. Im down to ride man. im on a 95 sporty 1200. Im down for a cruise too.
      Last edited by ChrisFinn22; 02-13-2015, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• Mtlbob
        • May 2014

Riding to born free from Montreal, QC, canada

Going through Toronto and then into states. Looking for people to ride with. Cheers

Comment

• Pendulum
          • Jul 2011

Name: Matt

Phone: (623) 329-7563 (Text is best, since I tend to ignore numbers I don't know. Call more than once if you need to.)

Resources: Welder, truck, tools.

Other: Got a solid route from Phoenix to Orange County laid out with minimal interstate riding while still making good time. If you're heading through Phoenix on your way to the show, you're welcome to tag along. I'm leaving Friday night, because riding that desert stretch in the day time would be hell.
          Last edited by Pendulum; 03-15-2015, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• Allen
            • Apr 2024

THE BASICS: (Highlight your area in RED to make scrolling through that much easier...)

HOW TO: After you type your reply, highlight the target wording that indicates your "area" and while it is highlighted pull down the large "A" from the pull down menu (located directly above) and select the COLOR RED

Like this: Location: Your Mom's House

Comment

• lilmad
              • Jan 2011

I am in Toronto ON let me know if you are riding
              Last edited by lilmad; 02-20-2015, 8:05 AM.

Comment

• kaos
                • Aug 2009

Riding from Seattle/Tacoma,WA

Riding out from the Tacoma,WA area but If anyone has something going I like to Know
                Last edited by kaos; 02-19-2015, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• smallville
                  • Aug 2012

A buddy and I are tentatively hoping to make the ride. Heading out from Portland, so we might be able to meet up as you pass through. Just a thought.

Comment

• strikingviking74
                    • Feb 2015

Riding to born free from Gillette WY if anyone is down to ride. Leaving on the 23rd or 24th of June.

Comment

• kiltedinco
                      • Aug 2009

Name: Justin

Phone: Message me here for number

I plan on riding out to BF7 and don't mind if folks need a place to crash/shower/eat/relax/rendezvous.

Comment

• fopobrat
                        • Jan 2015

Leaving Portland, OR on the 24th or 25th of June on my lonesome. Hoping to find a good group to split up lodge and beer in sacramento/bay area. please reply.

Comment

• DannySLC
                          • Aug 2009

Name: Danny

Resources: MIG, TIG; Most Fabrication Tools; Metric and Standard Hand Tools; Pickup Truck, Garage Workshop, You must bring the Hot Dogs and Beer

Other: Born Free of no Born Free if you need a shop for repairs or parts we can probably help you out. We have a couple bikes that need to be to Born Free early but feel free to email me if you need some assistance.

Comment

• LisaBallard
                            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by DannySLC
                            Name: Danny

Resources: MIG, TIG; Most Fabrication Tools; Metric and Standard Hand Tools; Pickup Truck, Garage Workshop, You must bring the Hot Dogs and Beer

Other: Born Free of no Born Free if you need a shop for repairs or parts we can probably help you out. We have a couple bikes that need to be to Born Free early but feel free to email me if you need some assistance.

www.shortfusemoto.com
                            Thank you!

Comment

• MotoArt
                              • Jan 2015

Riding to BornFree from Toronto,ON

I'm riding to BF7 from Toronto,ON
                              Last edited by MotoArt; 03-11-2015, 12:17 PM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;