If you're paying $375 for a pair of pants...

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Detale
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by mrkil
    Seriously made me spit my soda out just now. Thanks for the laugh man.

Where's the article Tim is talking about, Id like to read it?

Comment

• NHMike
      • Mar 2024

Originally posted by Detale
      Seriously made me spit my soda out just now. Thanks for the laugh man.

Where's the article Tim is talking about, Id like to read it?
      Lowside #8, or 7, can't recall. Whichever was the most recent to come out. It's a review of the Jeans, can't remember the brand. My biggest stink with it was that I would think a Mag geared toward backyard builders would review thing a typical backyard builder would buy. I posted on their Facebook right before I posted this thread. Either Tim, or someone from the Mag responded there. My initial intent here wasn't to literally call Tim a douchebag, however it was obviously taken that way and then got blown WAAAAAAY out of proportion. I emailed Tim tonight to apologize for making it seem as though I was being negative toward the Mag or him. I absolutely love Lowside...them, GK and Show Class and I'm good. The rest of the mags can drop off the earth for all I care.

Anyhow, this Damn thread has gone on way too long, hahaha, let this fucking thing die!!! Hahahaha

Comment

• NHMike
        • Mar 2024

Sorry if my reply is all jacked up, I'm on my phone and its a pain in the dick to go back and make changes.

Comment

• Allen
          • Mar 2024

Glad we could all resolve our differences.

Comment

• NeoDutch
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by timw82
            Growing up I was middle class at best. Both of my parents worked hard to give my brother and I what they could. I never had it that hard. And that's fine with me. Along the way I noticed people always felt the need to brag about how hard they had it, or how poor they were. Why? Does that give you some kind of street cred?

Comment

• Hooligan80
              • Jul 2010

So I'm the douchebag that wrote the article. I didn't think people would care so much but apparently the need to voice your opinion on the Internet is always strong. Growing up I was middle class at best. Both of my parents worked hard to give my brother and I what they could. I never had it that hard. And that's fine with me. Along the way I noticed people always felt the need to brag about how hard they had it, or how poor they were. Why? Does that give you some kind of street cred? So you shop at thrift stores, so have I. But I also landed a great job that I work very hard at. I'm by no means rich but I can buy what I want. And again that makes me wrong, or a fake biker hipster. I forgot you could only dress like someone from the chopper town DVD to be a true biker. The point here is if you're as much of a biker as you're trying to be, why are you wasting time blasting a mag article on the Internet? Shouldn't you be riding or wrenching or shopping at the goodwill? For future reference here's my email [email protected]. Email me instead of writing a lame blurb on a Internet biker forum. If you do that I can maybe run into you at a hipster event and you can call me a douche to my face cause of the clothes I wear. Cause that's what jocks do.
              Because of this bullshit, I'll never read Lowside. Good job ass hat. If you don't like people blasting a shitty fashion article, then don't write a shitty fashion article for a MOTORCYCLE MAGAZINE. That's like writing a serious tech article on how to rebuild a Panhead for VOGUE Magazine.
              Last edited by Hooligan80; 03-22-2012, 5:31 AM.

Comment

• Hooligan80
                • Jul 2010

Originally posted by DimeStreetSaint
                So just to clarify, not buying $300 jeans makes you part of the "poors"? I need to know because I sooooo don't wanna be considered one of these "poors" you look so far down upon hahahahaha.
                No, not buying $300 jeans makes you smart, because that money could be spent on better shit like motorcycle parts.

Comment

• Hooligan80
                  • Jul 2010

Oh, and Tim, nice job trying to punk out a chick in your other thread. Classy, fucking douche. This thread is on it's last leg, so this is my last comment: If you're a dude writing a fashion article for expensive ass designer clothes, you're usually what Liberace would call "A Fag"

Comment

• bparsel
                    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Hooligan80
                    Because of this bullshit, I'll never read Lowside. .

Ive gotta agree on this. The response from Tim in this thread and ESPECIALLY the other one is fucking ridiculous. Classy guys at Lowside, you should be so proud of yourself for getting that "Great Job" so you can preach wisdom.

Comment

• Hooligan80
                      • Jul 2010

Comment

• jluck27
                        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Hooligan80
                        Oh, and Tim, nice job trying to punk out a chick in your other thread. Classy, fucking douche. This thread is on it's last leg, so this is my last comment: If you're a dude writing a fashion article for expensive ass designer clothes, you're usually what Liberace would call "A Fag"
                        I called this douche out yesterday for talking shit to Lindsey. Him and that other fuckstick were being a couple of tough guys, and talking shit, while trying to sound educated. I agree, if you're going to write a stupid fucking article about some "Sic jeans" then you need to be prepared for someones opinion. Not be a total pussy and bash someone for saying it sucked.

Comment

• timw82
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by jluck27
                          I called this douche out yesterday for talking shit to Lindsey. Him and that other fuckstick were being a couple of tough guys, and talking shit, while trying to sound educated. I agree, if you're going to write a stupid fucking article about some "Sic jeans" then you need to be prepared for someones opinion. Not be a total pussy and bash someone for saying it sucked.
                          ok heres the deal, i have tried to email everyone personally and explain my side of this. my actions do not reflect anyones but myself. i fought to have this article printed in lowside because i thought that it was a good representation of a quality product and a way to protect yourself while riding. obviously some people disagree with that. that i can totally understand, and have no issue with. but when people begin to be keyboard cowboys and throw names around thats when problems arise. i have spoke with the guy who started this thread at length and have no problem with him. at no time did i bash anyone or try to be a tough guy. on the other thread i was simply rolling with the punches that lindsay was throwing. no harm no foul in that because that what about 90% of this thread is, weak internet shit talking. again as i have said before i listed my email if you have a problem with me or lowside contact me personally rather than making a shitty comment on an internet forum. i will glady reply to anything to the best of my ability.

Comment

• ThePete
                            • Nov 2011

Comment

• jluck27
                              • Aug 2009

ok heres the deal, i have tried to email everyone personally and explain my side of this. my actions do not reflect anyones but myself. i fought to have this article printed in lowside because i thought that it was a good representation of a quality product and a way to protect yourself while riding. obviously some people disagree with that. that i can totally understand, and have no issue with. but when people begin to be keyboard cowboys and throw names around thats when problems arise. i have spoke with the guy who started this thread at length and have no problem with him. at no time did i bash anyone or try to be a tough guy. on the other thread i was simply rolling with the punches that lindsay was throwing. no harm no foul in that because that what about 90% of this thread is, weak internet shit talking. again as i have said before i listed my email if you have a problem with me or lowside contact me personally rather than making a shitty comment on an internet forum. i will glady reply to anything to the best of my ability.

I get it. But, even at 90% weak internet shit talking, it's still a public forum with public opinons. You wrote an article that 10 people didn't like and I'm sure there were 10 people who loved it. Just like anybody who writes for a magazine or newspaper, you have to be prepared for the good and bad. I respect that you stand by what you did, it just came off as pretty shitty yesterday.

Comment

• cros36
                                • Dec 2010

i gotta get my mile in before this shit gets shut down.
                                i havent kept up with this thread at all, so i dont really know what it turned into.
                                if you dont like whats in the magazine, dont buy it or read it. a 400 dallor pair of pants review is kinda dumb, but i havent read the review so who knows. but 400 dollar pair of pants may be something cool to someone that has the money. if i were to tell someone the amount of time and money that i put into my 38 year old jap bike they would shit themselves. different people like different things, and were all in the same community of loving 2 wheels. calm the fuck down people.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;