X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ink83
    • Sep 2014

96 heritage chop

So I bought this beautiful looking heritage to destroy

It runs and Ultima motor, yet to determine whether it's a 100 or 107, and has an s-& s super stock 5 speed. Pulling the heads and s&s manifold off to port polish and port match them, and shave the decks for a bit more bump. Also have a thunder jet sitting there to go in the super e carb.
    BDL belt drive and chain final drive conversion there too.

As for the rest well there's a lot of cool shit go into this bike so I won't spoil the surprise, but I'll leave a couple teasers of where it's at now.

• billybiltit
    • Aug 2009

well!
    sonufabitch if i ain't curious !!!!!!!!!!!!

keep us posted,as it evolves.
    leon

Comment

• 82ShovelFXRS
      • Jun 2016

That seat is rad man! Can't wait to see more

Comment

• Ink83
        • Sep 2014

Thanks Leon. Be a bit slow going to begin with as I have a couple jobs on two other bikes to finish first but I'll throw up the progress when it happens

Originally posted by 82ShovelFXRS
        That seat is rad man! Can't wait to see more
        Yeah I'm stoked with how it came out. Id like to get engraving on more parts but ive already blown the budget by a long shot lol

Comment

• Ink83
          • Sep 2014

I shouldn't be touching this thing yet but I was getting a bit of an idea how I want it to sit dropped. The seat needs to be moved forward an inch and a half and down one inch so the nose of the seat sits flush with the frame. The tank is at the angle I like but will come down an inch once I cut those mounts off that's keeping it from sitting down

Comment

• BuxBitza
            • Mar 2015

'scribed

Comment

• Ink83
              • Sep 2014

Got a bunch more parts sent off to the engraver.
              Heads and s&s manifold off for some port and polish and port match work too. As well as a thunderjet tapped into the super e carb. Dropping in some new SE tappets while I'm in there

Comment

• panheadpete
                • Oct 2011

Perhaps fit the rear fender prior to moving the seat so you can check proportions etc

Considering you are chasing more hp perhaps give serious considerarion to running good front brakes
                Last edited by panheadpete; 06-30-2016, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• DrFxr
                  • Feb 2016

Coming along nice man! That seat is nucking' futz! I love the engraving, if i had the coin, or better yet the know how, I'd probably engrave the shit out of every piece of metal I own. Keep up the good work!

Comment

• Ink83
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by panheadpete
                    Perhaps fit the rear fender prior to moving the seat so you can check proportions etc

Considering you are chasing more hp perhaps give serious considerarion to running good front brakes
                    Thanks pete! The seat was touching the tyre in that photo, so it has to come forward an inch or more to clear the fender, the moulded mounts on the seat weren't allowing me to position the seat further forward when I was mocking things up. Both the tank and seat are not in their final positions, I was just giving you guys a rough idea. We will be making a fender from scratch on the english wheel, so once that's complete we will start mounting things up

Im not actually on a horsepower hunt, I wanted to change lifters and get some engraving done and at the point I thought I may as well port polish and port match the heads and manifold. It's not going to make any huge numbers. But based off the last dyno sheet, I'm assuming at the worst we will see around 110-115hp at the rear with the new pipes I'm making and the machine work, that'll be enough for now.
                    Front brakes I thought about going what I did on the last bike with 320mm lyndalls ceramic composite rotor up front with a performance machine 6 piston caliper, or something a bit more extreme off a sports bike, or wether I just go some cheap Wilwood back rotors and a 4 piston caliper up front which would probably suit the style and still be sufficient.

Originally posted by DrFxr
                    Coming along nice man! That seat is nucking' futz! I love the engraving, if i had the coin, or better yet the know how, I'd probably engrave the shit out of every piece of metal I own. Keep up the good work!
                    Thanks man!! Oh I wish the same thing, if only I could engrave I'd put little details into everything. Pretty amazing considering this guy does it the old school way with a hammer and chisel

Comment

• panheadpete
                      • Oct 2011

Thanks for the comprehensive reply! Keep at it following along with interest

Comment

• Ink83
                        • Sep 2014

Neat little used 4" exile headlight I picked up, absolutely love it. Wasn't sure which bike I'd use it on but I think it suits this bike perfectly so this will be getting sent off to the engraver as well.

Comment

• Ink83
                          • Sep 2014

Just a few of many of the parts I've been collecting for this build. New 107 barrels and pistons arrived so soon I'll get to work on the motor with having the heads worked and extract what extra compression I can try make use of that big .625" lift cam. Triple X Carburettas built me one of their top of the line s&s sure G carbs with every possible mod. Had this one with the new manifold smoothed and chromed as the polished carbys are a real pain to polish.

Comment

• panheadpete
                            • Oct 2011

Damn that engraving is tits!

Just wondering how you got the springer to sit so nice - raked cups? Offset springer? Frame rake? Something else?

Comment

• Ink83
                              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by panheadpete
                              Damn that engraving is tits!

Just wondering how you got the springer to sit so nice - raked cups? Offset springer? Frame rake? Something else?
                              Thanks Pete! More engraving to come yet. Agree with you there that rake looks spot on doesn't it! It's a 7/8 stem sitting in 1" bearings and no top clamp so it's sitting loosely in there. The wheel is just touching the ground to push that front out a touch as this is where I'd like it to sit. Going to rake the neck about 2 degrees at the most to achieve this look permanently

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;