Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hubbard
    • Dec 2010

club question

From time to time I visit the Rogues from Holland site. From what they post, seems like they get along with most other clubs. And they seem to be all about the MOTORCYCLES going so far as to have a club only scooter shop where they get together and build scooters.When I was starting out I was recruited and joined an outlaw type club thinkin this is where I can learn some scooter shit. Boy was I wrong. I brought up the idea of a community workshop and parts stash. Got shut the FUCK down quick. My question is, is there now or has there ever been such a club in the U.S. ? No politics,warring, legal crap, just scooters.
  • SamHain
    • Apr 2024

Like any group of people, most in it will be shit. In this age of technology there isn’t much need to join a club to learn, and people with knowledge tend to share it freely instead of put on an ego and be a wannabe cop.

Comment

• cisco
      • Aug 2012

Agree with SH. My take on clubs years ago was one or two knew about scoots but the rest didn't know shit and acted like they did. Overtightened fasteners, missing or defective internals after a 'butcher shop rebuild'.
      You are far better finding a group that enjoys the type/brand you enjoy and get to know them. I know around here a group that covets BSAs and another that hangs on with old HDs. Maybe find the best bike shop around that specializes in your scoot and ask around to find folks in tune with you. Don't need a bunch but rather even one expert that is willing to teach and help is enough.

Comment

• Hubbard
        • Dec 2010

I'm not in the market, I was just curious to see if such a thing exists here like it seems to in europe.

Comment

• farmall
          • Apr 2013

True gearheads mostly cluster in the antique/vintage/specialty circles. That's who I hang out with since I prefer mechanics, techies, machinists and weldors for company any day. That scene is healthy and there are many good events and swap meets. If you visit try to attend the Barber Vintage Festival. I prefer it to Daytona and the museum may be the largest in the world. You can spend a full day there and not see everything. The swap meet is outstanding.

Reliable motorcycles didn't kill the old culture but it changed and isn't mainstream any more. It's more like hot rodding. It's not central to the three piece patch club scene any more because Evos and Twinkies are so much more reliable (especially in the hands of non-mechanics) and work better for high speed long distance runs.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
            • Oct 2016

Thanks Farmall, just scoped out the Barber Vintage Festival on line, looks excellent, not far from family in Florance, and late enough in the year I should have the bugs worked out of the Panhead.

Need a sticky with all the upcoming shows!

Comment

• hillcat
              • Mar 2015

Probably too far but the Rhinebeck NY meet is good.
              I think it's in early June.

Comment

• shakeybones
                • Apr 2017

Its not a club but we have one here in Kansas City called Hickory Union Moto. Its a community motorcycle garage. I have been there for two years and made a built a few cool bikes and made a lot of good connections. Just wrenchin and friends. No politics and no bike bias. You pay a monthly fee for access to the space and tools. We go on rides and camping trips too. As well as once a month blowout parties at the shop space. If you are ever thru KC check us out.

Comment

• Tattooo
                  • Sep 2012

^^^^^^ That sounds like one hell of an idea.....^^^^^^^

Comment

• KevinN
                    • May 2014

Shakeybones, what part of KC is this place? I'm a KC native and get back there in the summer. I'm originally from Raytown but stay with my brother on the kansas side around 135th and State Line.

Comment

• Hubbard
                      • Dec 2010

Yea, thats what I meant

Comment

• brumble
                        • Apr 2024

There's a place of which you seek in NE Minneapolis........

The Moto Collective is a D.I.Y. motorcycle garage offering rental stations and lifts by the hour or by the month.

Their instagram page.......

Comment

• vonhelmet
                          • May 2010

There is also the Antique Motorcycle Club of America. Not really a riding club but they do have a series of meets and excellent swap meets throughout the US and Europe. These guys are old time gearheads and possess a wealth of knowledge.

Comment

• Bbqbiker
                            • May 2015

Originally posted by hillcat
                            Probably too far but the Rhinebeck NY meet is good.
                            I think it's in early June.
                            From their website:

The Rhinebeck National Meet
                            ​aka
                            ​The Rhinebeck Meet

Regretfully, due to
                            various issues, the 2018 meet at Rhinebeck was the last year for this event.
                            We've had a great run and
                            we thank you all for your attendance and support over the years.

​See Ya

Last edited by Bbqbiker; 04-25-2019, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• hillcat
                              • Mar 2015

aw crap.
                              Thanks for the update post.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;