CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default plz help needed sportster

hey guys, need some help with my new 2018 sportster, installed led turn signals in the front and led turn signal brake light combo in the rear and now i have engine codes:
    uo141
    uo142
    uo156
    b2141
    b2146
    b2151
    b2156
    b2274

what can I do to fix it

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by hardleyableson1996 View Post
    hey guys, need some help with my new 2018 sportster, installed led turn signals in the front and led turn signal brake light combo in the rear and now i have engine codes:
    uo141
    uo142
    uo156
    b2141
    b2146
    b2151
    b2156
    b2274

what can I do to fix it
    You have a can bus bike. That means it basically passes info through the wires and they are more sensitive than previous efi systems. You didnít mention if you used plug in inserts for your LEDs or if you cut and spliced wires.

If you cut and spliced wires, you are not supposed to do that on a can bus system (kinda like fiber optic cable).

If you used plug in ones you need a modulator box. Buy one and plug it in. It will probably fix your problem.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by misfitJason View Post
    You have a can bus bike. That means it basically passes info through the wires and they are more sensitive than previous efi systems. You didnít mention if you used plug in inserts for your LEDs or if you cut and spliced wires.

If you cut and spliced wires, you are not supposed to do that on a can bus system (kinda like fiber optic cable).

If you used plug in ones you need a modulator box. Buy one and plug it in. It will probably fix your problem.
    crap i did cut and splice is there anything I can do?like add a load equalizer to each one

Get Adobe Flash player

i Just looked it up, they sell load equalizers for the canbus bikes, If it works will the lights go off or do I need to reset the codes

Get Adobe Flash player

They might go off with one of those load equalizers (that's the term I was thinking off). In the future don't cut the wires. De-pin them or solder a good connection. Here is some more info for future thought

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...do-it-yet.html

Get Adobe Flash player

The first thing you should do is look up the codes and see what you are dealing with.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by IowaChop View Post
    The first thing you should do is look up the codes and see what you are dealing with.

Save yourself the time. They are all a direct result from the splices in the wires and from the fact that the LEDs show low voltage making your ecm think the bulbs are out or your wire is disconnected

Here is a link to the ecm codes
    https://www.fuelmotousa.com/p-29661-...Cmodel%3DSCOUT
    Last edited by misfitJason; 04-11-2019 at 7:09 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Yeah all the codes came back to the turn signals circuits being open or relating to the turn signals,I think the equalizers made for the canbus will fix it we'll see in 3 days

Get Adobe Flash player

Save yourself the time. They are all a direct result from the splices in the wires and from the fact that the LEDs show low voltage making your ecm think the bulbs are out or your wire is disconnected

Here is a link to the ecm codes
    https://www.fuelmotousa.com/p-29661-...Cmodel%3DSCOUT
    You think I can risk riding it for 2 days while I wait for those equalizers?

Get Adobe Flash player

You’ll be fine

Share This