Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by JBinNC
    Yes, and I can be gracious when I make a mistake, and I even corrected my own mistake. But sadly, you will hang onto your mistakes like grim death. I've wasted enough time with this nonsense.

Later,
    Jim
    I've been wrong many times, But back to the question at hand it was intended to be a crank case/motor vent it's not really intended to be a oil return........ Like we were talking about..........

Have a good one......

Comment

• Dragstews
      • Sep 2010

Deliverance (1972) clip with quote I'm lost. Yarn is the best search for video clips by quote. Find the exact moment in a TV show, movie, or music video you want to share. Easily move forward or backward to get to the perfect clip.

Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• Tattooo
        • Sep 2012

Me too I guess....... I was looking at what we were talking about oil lines and 100% oil loss systems not venting........... Ok I'm wrong.... I guess.......

Comment

• Dylan529
          • Feb 2019

I for sure have the larger key. Even that nut looks like it would be a better fit than the one I found in the bdl box.

How do I get my hands on those and what exactly do I need to ask for ?

Comment

• Tattooo
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Dylan529
            How do I get my hands on those and what exactly do I need to ask for ?
            It's just a stock key, I'm sure Jesse can give you the correct part number.........

Comment

• Dylan529
              • Feb 2019

What was the larger key i have intended for ?

and back to the slinger was it pressed in from the outside of the case or the inside? Can anyone identify which part it is in the parts books photo.
              And in my case has the slinger been removed and a seal pressed in, in its place?

Is the proper seal supposed to have an outside snap ring that holds it in, and If I were to pull that seal out would that groove be there?
              Last edited by Dylan529; 12-06-2021, 7:40 PM.

Comment

• Dragstews
                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Dylan529
                What was the larger key i have intended for ? -

Clutch hub

and back to the slinger was it pressed in from the outside of the case or the inside? Can anyone identify which part it is in the parts books photo.
                And in my case has the slinger been removed and a seal pressed in, in its place?

Indeed, the slinger has been removed .. It presses in from the outside ..

Is the proper seal supposed to have an outside snap ring that holds it in, and If I were to pull that seal out would that groove be there?
                The groove is there ... It's made into the case race ..

Think I'd buy the seal ..

Last edited by Dragstews; 12-06-2021, 8:33 PM.
                Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• Dylan529
                  • Feb 2019

I will for sure. I'll put the key and seal on my list now.
                  Just want to make sure I understand what's going on before I order parts and move on to the next task

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...
                  ;