K/Q seat , sissy bar bags and backpacks. What are you using? How is it attached?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gurp
    • Apr 2019

K/Q seat , sissy bar bags and backpacks. What are you using? How is it attached?

Putting together a sporty with a Sully K/Q seat and was thinking what to use for a bag or how to mod a backpack. Other than wrap bungee cords around it.
  • TriNortchopz
    • Dec 2017

how about a couple pics of your sporty build?
    If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• tzienlee
      • Apr 2024

if I need to carry anything from tents, sleeping bag to beer or just me dirty skiddies to the laundry, I use soft leather sadlebags just throw over & go

Comment

• Gurp
        • Apr 2019

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220209_062118_01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	310.3 KB
ID:	1321836

I'm going to add some Ebay special hard bags but I still want a sissy bar bag to mount to that seat.

Comment

• Revelator
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Gurp
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]107732[/ATTACH]

I'm going to add some Ebay special hard bags but I still want a sissy bar bag to mount to that seat.
          how about drilling the back of that seat & installing some rivet nuts

McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

Those ones in the link are only 1/4" But 4 of them should be fine for a small sissy bar
          bag. if heavy tools are going to live inside the bag, maybe hunt for some 5/16".
          You can use a stubby screw driver (inside the bag) to cinch the screws down.

Mounting a sissy bar would be better, especially if the bag (& contents) are not light weight.
          If that tail light is not going to be mounted on that fender, You could weld up some type
          of mount & bolt it to the fender, I suppose.

Comment

• Gurp
            • Apr 2019

The seat is pretty decent gauge steel. Def solid. I was planning on making a small rack to sit over the fender at some point.
            I kinda like the rivet nut idea.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;