Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garystaven88
    • Mar 2014

Ideas to Change Up the Look

Looking to change up the style on my 77 xlh. I'm looking for the old school high front look with NO frame modifications. I already have a rigid 79 sporty for that experience. I'm thinking 4" over tubes.

I am not sure what to think of the fatbob tank. I kinda like it as-is now but it may look out of place after the fork tube and bar swap. Kinda has that "shovester" look goin on. Everyone is running sporty tanks and peanut tanks so maybe I will just keep it to be "different".

Here are some pics of the bike. I already started some experimentation by removing the front fender. It already has a 21" front wheel so that is a start!

Sorry these pics are kinda fuzzy:

Had these bars laying around. Buckhornish. I like. Will swap these and get rid of those apes.

Here is the look I'm going for. Really like this bike. Belongs to chopcult member "PaoloVa" The tank sets it off so I feel that fatbob most likely will have to go.

Last edited by garystaven88; 11-26-2014, 3:48 PM.
  • xllance
    • Apr 2024

If you're wanting opinions, I say start with losing the fat bobs. But I always say that.

Comment

• scuzzy
      • Sep 2013

if i was you id throw on a hinged style fender on it that with a mustang 3.3 and some pull backs say 13in rise and 100 degree bends. I think that would be pretty cool. Im kinda doing the same to my current bike except im 8 over with the 2.2 gal tank. and stock rear fender with no front 16 21. , Links for ref.

Comment

• garystaven88
        • Mar 2014

Originally posted by xllance
        If you're wanting opinions, I say start with losing the fat bobs. But I always say that.
        Agreed,

Just ordered a king sporty tank.

Comment

• FooDog
          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by garystaven88
          Agreed,

Just ordered a king sporty tank.
          good call

Comment

• nofendertom
            • Apr 2014

refreshing to see the style you are going for---check out speed club inc for fender struts
            similar to those in the picture you show

Comment

• garystaven88
              • Mar 2014

Originally posted by nofendertom
              refreshing to see the style you are going for---check out speed club inc for fender struts
              similar to those in the picture you show
              Thanks,

I always loved the smith bros fender struts. Difficult to come by. Not sure if they would look right with the fender I currently have
              Last edited by garystaven88; 11-28-2014, 3:08 PM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;