Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hsoj74
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by bobberadam
    I am trying to understand the above statement, Are you saying he offered to make it right by sending you the parts the wheel was missing and you declined?
    Correct. The wheel was not in the same condition as in the picture that was advertised for sale. I bought it because it was complete and I would've been able to save some time with my project. Now I have to dig through a hundred boxes of shit looking for a cover and some screws. I know it may seem silly. But if I put a picture of my panhead up and sold it based on the picture, the buyer would be pretty pissed if he got it and it and I had taken all of the internals out of the engine but taped them to the cases minus the rings. I declined because, sure it will take some time to look for some parts in my stash but it will still be faster then waiting for a package to show up. I chose to share my experience with this seller so others like me who pay attention to detail, will be in the know.

Comment

• Dragstews
      • Sep 2010

Just had the same shit pulled on me.... And for mega more bucks involved....

Here's what I got burned for....

Need a replacement tank for your Buell?
      We've got what you need.
      Give us a call today!

Looks good for a photo...
      Was told that it would fit with very little trouble mounting it....
      Boy if that wasn't a bunch of B/S .....

The problems was many:
      (1) Bottom located to low causing the tank not to go forward, riding on the frame tubing...
      (2) The need to glass all the flanges longer in-order to match up with the OG body work...Mostly all the seams are off.
      (3) Bottom of the tank only having 0.080" thickness of glass...
      (4) The coating being 3/4" thick on the right side and hardly none on the left side...
      (5) Glass not rolled down at the front of the tank....
      (6) The bat-wing on the left side sticking up at the front of the tank...
      (7) Having 3/8" NPT bungs instead of the 1/4" that Buell used...
      (8) No threads for the tank vent..

And what are they going to do about.... ???
      Well, I got horse-laughed at and they hung up the phone on me ....

Mightly fine Folks right there.... Got fucked without even being Kissed ...!!!
      Last edited by Dragstews; 01-21-2017, 9:05 PM.
      Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• BuddhahoodVato
        • Apr 2010

Gracias,good to know..
        Originally posted by hsoj74
        Correct. The wheel was not in the same condition as in the picture that was advertised for sale. I bought it because it was complete and I would've been able to save some time with my project. Now I have to dig through a hundred boxes of shit looking for a cover and some screws. I know it may seem silly. But if I put a picture of my panhead up and sold it based on the picture, the buyer would be pretty pissed if he got it and it and I had taken all of the internals out of the engine but taped them to the cases minus the rings. I declined because, sure it will take some time to look for some parts in my stash but it will still be faster then waiting for a package to show up. I chose to share my experience with this seller so others like me who pay attention to detail, will be in the know.

Comment

• DeadSeaGulls
          • Jun 2014

Elvisplace.com

I bought two billet aluminum rear axle adjusters for my FXR.

Both plates and hardware rattled out within 3,000 miles.
          after first one rattled out I chalked up it's loss as being possibly linked to a minor collision.
          emailed requesting to purchase replacement.
          Elvis stated he does not make parts. And will not separate a plate from an existing set because the guy that made them died.
          Okay.
          Rig up temporary fix. Check all bolts after minor collision and keep riding.
          Second plate and hardware rattle out.
          I notice because my rear axle slides forward and my rear drive belt began ratcheting.

Here, he offers to sell me a full set for a "discounted price" because they've gone up considerably in price since when I purchased them.
          Complete refusal to stand by a product he is selling.
          I would not recommend anyone purchase a set of these for their FXR. they look neat, but are the only rear axle adjusters I've ever had that just rattled out, and under remarkably low mileage.

Click image for larger version

Name:	elvis.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	1297174

Comment

• chopperclay
            • May 2017

I am not quite sure what happened but at the beginning of July i ordered a patch off of the Chop Cult store and waited... and waited.. and waited.. I never received it and I emailed them and never got a reply. I just kind of figured it got lost in the mail or something. Im not butthurt or anything because it was only like $8 and ive lost more money than that doing stupid shit. If this post shouldnt be on this thread go ahead and delete it but i was just throwing it out there haha

Comment

• Jay235
              • Aug 2017

Percision cycle does some pretty shitty work, took my bike in to get the rear tire swapped got it back drive belt deflection was so loose had to tighten and realign myself, as well as had buddies that had shitty work done too

Comment

• Nanonevol
                • Feb 2017

Ordered a pair of manifolds from Steadfast Cycles through Ebay. When they didn't arrive past the due date i inquired as to when they would ship. The reply was that the parts were "lost in the move" and they would order more for me. Well anxious as I was for the parts and knowing they could be had elsewhere, I said "never mind, cancel my order". I then ordered them elsewhere. The next day Steadfast ships the parts to me! I get manifolds from both companies on the same day! I explain to them what happened and that I'm shipping them back and expect a full refund. I ship them back. No refund. I make a claim with Ebay who decides in my favor and makes a full refund including shipping. Steadfast say that Ebay wouldn't let them take a 20% restocking fee so that's why they balked. Just terrible service and worse communication and a snotty attitude to go with it.

Comment

• chopperclay
                  • May 2017

Just updating that LisaBallard handled this and she got it straightened out! Thanks!!

Comment

• Dragstews
                    • Sep 2010

Warning ..!!! ... eBay TRW Forged Pistons

Started laying out the parts to go into the powder coated Ironhead motor...

Got a few boxes of new parts for this build that's been bought up in the last 6 months or so..
                    One of those new parts was a set of TRW pistons that came from eBay.... These was Nos from Dixie International's inventory ...

Ran up on a problem..... Took the wrist pin out of the piston and did a feel test with it in the rod bushing (Brand New S&S Rods)... Pin fell right in with a bit of slop.... WTF .... So, got out the mic's to see just how much slop was there... It's about .0013 under the std size, meaning in order to run these pistons I would need to replace the new bushings that S&S sized for the std pin, or hone out the piston pin bore to the std size and get new wrist pins ......... Screw dat..... These will NOT be used, I'm getting a set of Wiseco's ....... .......... ... Beware Fellows, the TRW Pistons are all over eBay ...

Name:	IMG_1220.jpg
Size:	289.3 KB
ID:	1299319

Edit:
                    Well, went ahead with making them work...
                    Owner's call..
                    Went with replacing the wrist-pin bushings...

Name:	IMG_1303.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	299.7 KB
ID:	1299599

Name:	IMG_1304.jpg
Size:	295.0 KB
ID:	1299600

Comment

• dirtygrotonscoundrel
                      • May 2013

Good to know! Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

• Dragstews
                        • Sep 2010

Those pistons can still be put into service ... Just going to take buying a few parts and some time at the Sunnen Lbb hone in order to do so ..

Comment

• Tattooo
                          • Sep 2012

It's hard to believe that TRW who ever bought the name is selling crap like that....

Comment

• littledill
                            • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Jay235
                            Percision cycle does some pretty shitty work, took my bike in to get the rear tire swapped got it back drive belt deflection was so loose had to tighten and realign myself, as well as had buddies that had shitty work done too
                            Yeah they did me wrong too

Comment

• Dragstews
                              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Tattooo
                              It's hard to believe that TRW who ever bought the name is selling crap like that....

Product is about 40 years old and been obsoleted long ago .. Bet Dixie had it that long on a shelf .... Being Dixie, they could have bought blems and set on them until they went out of business...

Comment

• Dragstews
                                • Sep 2010

Ok ...... After a bunch of thought, I'm putting them into service....

Here's what went down ......

Call a couple old friends that's been in the field of building Hot-Rod motors for more years than I can remember ...
                                They gave me info on the wall fit that I greatly needed to know.....

From this info I did a check for taper, out of round and clearance on the jug's bores.

Name:	IMG_1221.jpg
Size:	293.7 KB
ID:	1299320

Did a ball hone to the jugs..... ^^

They are in great shape as is, just a small amount of taper was detected ....

The best part is..... They are at the middle of wall fit ....

Name:	IMG_1223.jpg
Size:	285.6 KB
ID:	1299321

.004" to .006" is what I was told by these Gents.....

Thanks to Pete Hill and Ron Atell .....

Got to replace the wrist pin bushings and size to the TRW's undersize pin..
                                This motor will be seeing a set of Gapless Rings from Total Seal Inc....
                                Last edited by Dragstews; 11-24-2017, 8:54 AM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;