Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RichardD
    • Jun 2012

Cheap Shovelhead Trike

I got this hatchet job Shovela few weeks ago, and I just ordered a Himsl body from Chip Quinn out in Arizona.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Shovelhead Left Side.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	300.7 KB
ID:	1347732

Name:	Shovelhead Rt Side.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	309.9 KB
ID:	1347733

Name:	Art Himsl Trike Body.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	303.0 KB
ID:	1347734
    Wanna look like this:

Name:	Art Himsl Trike2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	1347735
  • RichardD
    • Jun 2012

I don't have thousands to spend on a high tech new rear axle, even Servi-car axles are expensive now and take a lot of work to use on a Shovel. I will be fabricating the rear framework. This will be a late 60s early 70s showbike type of thing, probably never get over 30 mph. I'd be happy to just ride it through the neighborhood to the beer joint down the street. or cruise it up and down the Texas City Dike. I wonder if I could adapt a racing go-cart rear axle?

Comment

• metalheart28
      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by RichardD
      I don't have thousands to spend on a high tech new rear axle, even Servi-car axles are expensive now and take a lot of work to use on a Shovel. I will be fabricating the rear framework. This will be a late 60s early 70s showbike type of thing, probably never get over 30 mph. I'd be happy to just ride it through the neighborhood to the beer joint down the street. or cruise it up and down the Texas City Dike. I wonder if I could adapt a racing go-cart rear axle?
      I don't think a kart axle would work. I've seen homebuilt axles online that used a ford diff housed in a frame and then square tubing attached on each side with bearings in each end of the tubing for the axles. Dna trike axles are affordable though and work great, i've been running one for 6 years with no issue. I'd go that route and then just fab a way to mount it.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
      Working...
      ;