Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • purerockfury
    • Mar 2011

is your chain aligned? they way you have it in the picture doesn't look right...

here's my set up, castle nut, 1/2 spacer, axle plate, washer, stock spacer ---stock spacer,washer, axle plate, 1/2 spacer, head of axle...the washers on the inside take up the space for the stock chain tensioners

if you have a drill press you can make your own spacers 1 1/2" hole saw for the outside 13/16 for the inside hole...the come out decent, not as nice as on a lathe but function, not all of us have access to a lathe...

Comment

• bonesxl1100
      • Oct 2010

I dont have anything tight so the chain is probably off in the pic. Am i losing something here though? Youre saying you have two stock spacers? I only have one. just like this...........................................http://www.bikebreed.com/home%20pics...%20chassis.pdf

number 36 in the parts spread

Comment

• purerockfury
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by bonesxl1100
        I dont have anything tight so the chain is probably off in the pic. Am i losing something here though? Youre saying you have two stock spacers? I only have one. just like this...........................................http://www.bikebreed.com/home%20pics...%20chassis.pdf

number 36 in the parts spread
        well, it's a dust cover/spacer type thing on the sprocket side #23 & 24 in the spread...

Comment

• purerockfury
          • Mar 2011

[QUOTE=
          IMG_0949[/QUOTE]

i believe i see it right there...inside, in between your axle plates should be washer,dust cover/spacer-rim/hub- stock spacer, washer...that SHOULD center your rear wheel in the frame ...set that up put your chain on, make sure in tracks in the center of your sprocket. you'll see if you adjust it one way or the other the chain will ride on the inside or outside of your sprocket...you want it center sprocket and measuring from the frame rail to the rim or tire one either side should be right around the same...i use a tape measure eye balling it

Comment

• bonesxl1100
            • Oct 2010

Ok so ill find a couple washers to use, one on each side up against the inside of the axle plates, and ill take that spacer you see there and put that on the outside on the nut side of axle. Sounds about right?

Comment

• purerockfury
              • Mar 2011

Ok so ill find a couple washers to use, one on each side up against the inside of the axle plates, and ill take that spacer you see there and put that on the outside on the nut side of axle. Sounds about right?

yup!

Comment

• bonesxl1100
                • Oct 2010

Cool! Thanks for your help and patience fury. I know im making this harder than it should be but I wasnt planning on needing washers and I was sure i was jipped a spacer from elswick so things werent adding up to me. You ever down my way give me a shout, Ill buy you a pitcher

Comment

• purerockfury
                  • Mar 2011

Cool! Thanks for your help and patience fury. I know im making this harder than it should be but I wasnt planning on needing washers and I was sure i was jipped a spacer from elswick so things werent adding up to me. You ever down my way give me a shout, Ill buy you a pitcher
                  no problem, glad i could help! like i said mines not an elswick but that's what i had to do...you might have been jipped a spacer cause your probably going to need one on the other side next to the axle head, your axle might bottom out on the threads before its really tight....plus a spacer on each outside of the axle plate gives your adjuster bolt something to press against...

like i said i have 1/2 spacer on the outside of both axle plates...
                  Last edited by purerockfury; 03-29-2012, 9:47 PM.

Comment

• bonesxl1100
                    • Oct 2010

I woke up this morning thinking the same thing. I may be able to get away with another washer between the head and the plate. Another spacer might be too much.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;