Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phail
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by flatman
    Internal throttle questions. I assume its a pull throttle for modern carbs? How well does it work? Return spring system? How far into the handle bar does it go in, and instead of a set screw could it be plug welded in the handlebar and still be able to service it? Is it the kind that works with rubber grips? Thanks! Really nice looking bike. Like the pipes!
    * It's the Biker's Choice internal throttle.
    * I'm using it on an S&S Super E.
    * I had the same one on my XS 650 years ago and it worked perfect. Just uses the spring on the carb like a regular throttle.
    * It goes like an inch and a half, maybe two inches.
    * Not sure about plug welding it in. Might make it a bit hard to get the cable into it. I'll let you know when I cable it up.
    * I use it with whatever cheap rubber grips I have laying around.

Thanks!

Comment

• Phail
      • Dec 2011

Got some more progress on the chop chop.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200428_152514.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	310.6 KB
ID:	1317983

Name:	IMG_20200429_161536.jpg
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	1317984

Name:	IMG_20200429_161816.jpg
Size:	296.3 KB
ID:	1317985

Trying to finish it by June. First event is going to be Street Vibrations unless it's canceled.

Comment

• flatman
        • Sep 2017

thanks for the throttle reply. Thinking of adapting one on a set of 47 chief bars so I could run a CV carb (pull) and the bars would still look stock. This is the reason for all the throttle questions. You gonna upholster the seat yourself? Thanks again.

Comment

• Phail
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by flatman
          You gonna upholster the seat yourself?
          I probably wouldn't save any money doing it three times. LOL There is a guy in Reno that will do it for $100. Tuck and Roll all the way up. Now I just have to redo the seat pan one more time.

Comment

• markwade74
            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Phail
            I probably wouldn't save any money doing it three times. LOL There is a guy in Reno that will do it for $100. Tuck and Roll all the way up. Now I just have to redo the seat pan one more time.
            Haha, true. I tried wrapping my own about 3 weeks ago. Let's just say it did not turn out well. Looking for some one I trust now, but I'm sure I blind man could do better than I did!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;