Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dogoargento
    • Jun 2019

1957 First year Sportster find, you have to see it to believe it

I just got an unbelievable chopper built in the 90's. It is a long story and first I need to find some info. This bike was ahead of its time with some unusual things. Pure chrome and it looks new. If anybody knows a custom builder / shop in New York or Brooklyn named AMERICAN CYCLE at that time (around 85 to 95) please help me out here. I had been told it got on fire.
    Thank you
  • Dogoargento
    • Jun 2019

First post here, please help me out to attach pictures of this beast, thank you

Comment

• Tattooo
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Dogoargento
      I just got an unbelievable chopper built in the 90's. It is a long story and first I need to find some info. This bike was ahead of its time with some unusual things. Pure chrome and it looks new. If anybody knows a custom builder / shop in New York or Brooklyn named AMERICAN CYCLE at that time (around 85 to 95) please help me out here. I had been told it got on fire.
      Thank you
      LOL,

Why not post pics of your bike to help people not going on a wild goose chase.....

Comment

• Tattooo
        • Sep 2012

First post here, please help me out to attach pictures of this beast, thank you
        It's real easy, Go to advanced then click on the paper clip then attach a pic...... Make sure it's not to large....

Comment

• SamHain
          • Apr 2024

I don’t know whats ahead of it’s time for a 90s build. That’s the time everything turned to shit. Fat tires and SOA are about the only things to happen since.

None the less I’m intrigued and really want to see it. Good luck with the pics.

Comment

• AlbertaFarmer
            • Sep 2013

I sure hope you can get the pictures up, would love to see it.

Comment

• Dogoargento
              • Jun 2019

I will take care of attaching pics tonight and Hapoy Fatbers day for everybody. In the mine time check it out in this google pictures link. I wouold really appreciatte some comments and advice., bike has been in storage for 15 years and rechromed. Only back tire has to be rechromed since the 74 year old builder that onwed aince 1981 (was in a box) and built her did not have the monwy to put on.
              I really felt so bad for him, he kept her for 37 years and due to financial iaaues had to sell it. My goal is to get everything right, detail everything and take him to a show and see if he gets a place for him to have something. Seen him while I was taking his bike broke my heart.

Comment

• TriNortchopz
                • Dec 2017

I see it:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	ironhead, gotta see to believe, cc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	1311383

Click image for larger version

Name:	ironhead, gotta see to believe, cc.2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	1311384
                Last edited by TriNortchopz; 06-16-2019, 2:45 PM.
                If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• Tattooo
                  • Sep 2012

Yep that bike was built in the 90s all right, no doubt......

Comment

• Dogoargento
                    • Jun 2019

Originally posted by TriNortchopz
                    I see it:
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]94883[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]94884[/ATTACH]
                    Thank you TriNortchopz. Every time I try to attach a file I am asked to log in again and I cannot do it. Maybe because I need more posts.
                    I will post some pictures once in the computer if it works
                    Last edited by Dogoargento; 06-17-2019, 5:07 AM.

Comment

• Tattooo
                      • Sep 2012

Thank you TriNortchopz. Every time I try to attach a file I am asked to log in again and I cannot do it. Maybe because I need more posts.

Thank you Tattooo for your nice attitud. I apologize for the "unbelievable" comment about the bike, at least for me, a common guys that will never expect to get a nice built like this it is "unbelievable".

I will post some pictures once in the computer if it works, frankly I do not have time be posting 10k time like Tattoo, I would rather be riding. Thanks again for uplaoding for me those 2 pics

What attitude????? Man the bike is incredible........ It has a lot of really detailed work...... But yes it was built in the 90s.....

Comment

• SamHain
                        • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Tattooo
                        Yep that bike was built in the 90s all right, no doubt......
                        Haha exactly what I been thinkin.

Comment

• Down
                          • Jan 2016

Cool bike, I can dig it. Those mirror/turnsignal contraptions look awful on there, but hey, it's period correct.

Comment

• Sky
                            • Aug 2009

Looks like there's a really cool chopper under all those geegaws!
                            Luckily thatey are all bolted/glued on. Do what you want, but I'd strip them off and put 'em in dry storage.
                            Who knows, I'm 20 years people might be nostalgic for that junk again.

Now let's talk about the good stuff!
                            Dual plugs?! Dry primary?!
                            Did you get the scoop on what's been done to the motor? Displacement, stroke, cams?
                            What's the gearing like? Stock gears? stock or aftermarket clutch? Final drive ratios?
                            What size is that wheel tire combo?
                            Hard to tell but is that a Bendix or a butterfly khein carb under that giant air cleaner?
                            And it looks like the dude was not afraid to spend, that's a nice regulator etc

Comment

• Tattooo
                              • Sep 2012

I always like the flat rear tire look...... I'm wondering how they ride??? Can you feel the transition???

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;