CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default 4 speed evo kicker kit?!?!?

Hey guys I have a 4 speed evo sporty building the bike now got the hardtail all done I have the entire engine ripped down and while I'm at it if like to install a kick starter but I'm having trouble finding a kit? There's 5 speed ones but no 4? Dose anyone know of a kit if so what's the best? Also was wondering if any of the early evo 4 speed sportys came with kickers from the factory I wasn't sure? Thank you!

I got an 86 sporty too... seen the 5 speeds but never a 4. Would love to get one tho!

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

its called an ironhead

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by 86sportster View Post
    Hey guys I have a 4 speed evo sporty building the bike now got the hardtail all done I have the entire engine ripped down and while I'm at it if like to install a kick starter but I'm having trouble finding a kit? There's 5 speed ones but no 4? Dose anyone know of a kit if so what's the best? Also was wondering if any of the early evo 4 speed sportys came with kickers from the factory I wasn't sure? Thank you!
    Guess what...that question as been asked here before...and guess what the answer was...

2016 Thread: 1986 XLH883 kickstart
    http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47566

and since we're talking evos and kickers, here is a good HOW TO: TECH read:

2014 Thread: How to convert your Evo chop to kickstart
    "The intention of this Thread is to explain how to convert Evo powered chops to kickstart. Most of the information in this thread I have learned first hand and it cost me ample time and money..."
    http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38361

Thanks guys looks like I won't be doing a kicker after all lol thanks for the information though!

Get Adobe Flash player

That much money could actually do something useful elsewhere on the motorcycle. I grew up kicking and wouldn't retrofit a kicker to an Evo Sporty if the parts were free. It's just more weight and complexity for no benefit.

While you're at it, pull the solenoid end cover on your starter and replace the contacts, install a pushbutton end cover (about 20 bucks) which should be on every Denso starter (it bypasses the handlebar switch and small relay but they remain working and untouched), and make or buy new, heavier duty battery cables.

Get Adobe Flash player

^^^^^ You got that right....^^^^^ Putting a kicker on a bike because it's cool isn't worth the trouble or the cost...

Been there when you didn't have a choice between a button or a kicker.... It was kicker only unless you bought a newer bike...

Get Adobe Flash player

Fake it ... !!!

There's a kit available that bolts on a kicker that has a starter switch built in...
    Made in Europe.

Share This