Fucking Friends With Cancer...Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Rode to Born Free

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pendulum
    • Jul 2011

So... It looks like his real name is Dustin John Ciborosky, he is/was a semi-pro skateboarder and he's far from an old school chopper dude. He's the hippest of the hip, with his goofy lookin' glasses.

Here's his facebook:
    Dustin John Ciborosky is on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with Dustin John Ciborosky and others you may know. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected.

which has a note, where the first rule is "be honest" (oh the irony) https://www.facebook.com/notes/dusti...2401?pnref=lhc
    and a profile of him from a skate shop (who I'm assuming is a sponsor of his):

A brother, cousin, or some family member who appears to be a decent human based on his uniform:
    Ryan Ciborosky is on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with Ryan Ciborosky and others you may know. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected.

According to his Twitter (@mke_hesh_life), he's affiliated with this blog:
    Just a bunch of "chopper" related info & pics

Last edited by Pendulum; 06-23-2015, 2:55 PM.

Comment

• loddytoddy
      • Jul 2014

nevada is next. then cali

Comment

• Pendulum
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by the1dude
        I don't have Instagram, but was gonna ask. Are they riding through OK?
        idk, according to his IG, they've gone through South Dakota, Wyoming, Utah, and are now in Nevada.

Apparently he's looking to have his and his homey Chris Graves aka @tooth_and_nail bikes shipped back from Born Free to Milwaukee. It'd be a shame if those bikes came up missing... Although, I'm sure whomever would be low enough to steal his bike would still be a better person than him, and donate the proceeds of a part out to Nate.
        Last edited by Pendulum; 06-23-2015, 2:37 PM.

Comment

• ShowClassMag
          • Aug 2009

For the record we do not know the whole story on what exactly happened between Dustin, Nate, & the fundraiser. Please refrain from dragging our name.

1.) Dustin does not and has never worked for the magazine.

2.) We had zero involvement with the fundraiser in question outside of sending out some shirts and magazines to be given away.

3.) We sold Tshirts where 100% of the profits were given to Nate, and all of that money was handed to him.

Comment

• Rubman
            • Dec 2011

Holy scum bag shit. Had no clue this was even a fucking thing.

So wait, what's this guy's association with the Show Class fellas?

Also, uhh... I mean, somebody put me on a plane and i'll make sure this shit gets handled appropriately. (... Not a joke.)
            Last edited by Rubman; 06-23-2015, 2:50 PM.

Comment

• Pendulum
              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by ShowClassMag
              For the record we do not know the whole story on what exactly happened between Dustin, Nate, & the fundraiser. Please refrain from dragging our name.

2.) We had zero involvement with the fundraiser in question outside of sending out some shirts and magazines to be given away.

3.) We sold Tshirts where 100% of the profits were given to Nate, and all of that money was handed to him.
              Thanks for clearing that up. I'm going to edit my post accordingly right now.

Comment

• Punkskalar
                • Jan 2010

Mad River - I just wanna say THANK YOU! I'm sick of these types, fucking cool dudes, ripping people off, walking tall and acting as if it's something to be proud of...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the (*Insert Sportster Specific mob and/or Magazine associated with more ass/titties than motorcycles) crew pull a similar stunt a few years ago? Some form of fundraiser/ride that ended up becoming new bikes and builds the next season? Inside job maybe? It was all here, hashed out and eventually deleted?

This scene needs some serious self policing.... Glad to see it coming out of the woodwork.

I can say one thing, I love this community - I was taught to give and give freely, and do so regularly... This selfish trash, and the friends who are with him (who should ditch his ass, steal his bike and wallet, and leave him fucking stranded without any clothes in the desert) should have been suspicious. A dude that can't afford food and gas in his car, all of the sudden has cash for a fresh build and take off to Born Free? AFTER a specific fundraiser?!?! I'm a cynical ass, I'd have never been comfortable with that shit - no matter who it is... I don't keep friends I can't trust....
                Last edited by Punkskalar; 06-23-2015, 3:22 PM.

Comment

• Rubman
                  • Dec 2011

Yeah. I'm not even kidding. Start a fucking fundraiser for me and Showclass can film what happens to a fucking scumbag that takes advantage of good hearted people.

This hits incredibly close to home. When my father was sick, we raised $4,000 from incredibly generous individuals to help us with our bills and pay for his medicine. When he passed, we used that money for his autopsy and cremation -- nothing more, nothing less. It didn't buy me so much as fucking Big Mac.

Put me on a plane, watch me take that mother fucker's chopper, and I'll go HAND DELIVER it to Nate, wherever the fuck he is. Say bet, ChopCult.

Comment

• Rubman
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Punkskalar
                    Mad River - I just wanna say THANK YOU! I'm sick of these types, fucking cool dudes, ripping people off, walking tall and acting as if it's something to be proud of...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Death Science / Show Class crew pull a similar stunt a few years ago? Some form of fundraiser/ride that ended up becoming new bikes and builds the next season? Inside job maybe? It was all here, hashed out and eventually deleted?

This scene needs some serious self policing.... Glad to see it coming out of the woodwork.

I can say one thing, I love this community - I was taught to give and give freely, and do so regularly... This selfish trash, and the friends who are with him (who should ditch his ass, steal his bike and wallet, and leave him fucking stranded without any clothes in the desert) should have been suspicious. A dude that can't afford food and gas in his car, all of the sudden has cash for a fresh build and take off to Born Free? AFTER a specific fundraiser?!?! I'm a cynical ass, I'd have never been comfortable with that shit - no matter who it is... I don't keep friends I can't trust....
                    Wow. Punkskalar comin out of the woodwork to speak his mind!

Comment

• Punkskalar
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Rubman
                      Wow. Punkskalar comin out of the woodwork to speak his mind!
                      I've been absent from this forum for a while, it sucks, but the place has gone downhill - what used to be a bunch of killer tech, contributors, and a good vibe gave way to "Too cool for you" - and it slowly ate away at what we were all about a few years ago... I know things change, and maybe I should dig a bit deeper and get involved again - because this place was THE GO-TO for killer tech a few years ago.

Comment

• Rubman
                        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Punkskalar
                        I've been absent from this forum for a while, it sucks, but the place has gone downhill - what used to be a bunch of killer tech, contributors, and a good vibe gave way to "Too cool for you" - and it slowly ate away at what we were all about a few years ago... I know things change, and maybe I should dig a bit deeper and get involved again - because this place was THE GO-TO for killer tech a few years ago.
                        I remember that you were fucking god to me when I got my hands on my XS650. Glad to see your name pop up. I don't use this site for anything more than the Junk Pile.

Comment

• Pendulum
                          • Jul 2011

Let's just hit his parents up. I'm sure they'll put some pressure on their little boy to do the right thing. Tons of info in my post on page 2.
                          Last edited by Pendulum; 06-23-2015, 3:26 PM.

Comment

• Buster68
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ShowClassMag

OK, I'm going to take that at face value, and I've amended my posts accordingly. But if you did send stuff to the fundraiser, your name is associated with it, and I would think you (as much or more than anyone) would want to find out "what the real story" is, and send out an unambiguous message accordingly. There seems to be a bunch of vague "don't know the real story" BS being peddled as a lukewarm defence of this guy, and if the truth is anywhere near the fairly unambiguous evidence so far, I don't think there is any room for fence-sitting.

Comment

• rus
                              • Aug 2009

putting dudes whole family on blast is wack. no reason for that shit. they've got nothing to do with it, nor does his girl or where she works.

as for the show class affiliation, he may not work for you, but that is your friend, correct? your magazine is constantly talking about the ethics and brotherhood of choppers and the scene and culture and shit. kind of a bummer to see that someone in your fold would be accused of this, have some pretty damning evidence against them (basically a full out confession in writing) and your response is just 'it doesn't involve us'. you have no responsibility to anyone and you do a ton for the scene/events etc. at the end of the day you're a magazine not a court, just seems like there should be some level of outrage that something like this would be happening.

i would very much like to hear what dusty has to say for himself. not because this has anything to do with me directly, but every time i hear of someone going down or needing a hand, i donate money, whether i knew them or not. i figure they could use the $20 more than me in that moment. but to hear something like this is happening. i dont want to have to think twice in the future, because someone may be pulling shit like this. yes, there will always be assholes and thieves, but knowing that thieves get their asses handed to them means knowing you can trust people. repercussions keep people honest, especially when everyone is just a click or two away these days. thinking that this dude might be walking around all weekend at born free having a great time, spending money he stole from people who were trying to help, and from someone who needed help, and even his own friends aren't putting him in check.... that's fucking disgusting and it does effect me. and it effects everyone else who might think twice about selling a part for less than its worth just to help a guy out or donate a couple bucks when someone goes down.

Comment

• Rubman
                                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by rus

as for the show class affiliation, he may not work for you, but that is your friend, correct? your magazine is constantly talking about the ethics and brotherhood of choppers and the scene and culture and shit. kind of a bummer to see that someone in your fold would be accused of this, have some pretty damning evidence against them (basically a full out confession in writing) and your response is just 'it doesn't involve us'. you have no responsibility to anyone and you do a ton for the scene/events etc. at the end of the day you're a magazine not a court, just seems like there should be some level of outrage that something like this would be happening.

After having someone just clarify it to me in private, that's EXACTLY what I came here to type.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;