Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KG
    • Dec 2012

Got a sprocket set and chain coming. Went 520 23f 48r. Will be a starting point n i can play with smaller sprockets later. Should be here tuesday.

Comment

• billybiltit
      • Aug 2009

i been running 520 chain on my 1980 kawasaki z1r 1000.wouldn't run anything else.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	aftergaragewreckpaintjob (5).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	317.0 KB
ID:	1280384

leon

Comment

• Pendulum
        • Jul 2011

Diggin' it so far! Nice work man.

Comment

• KG
          • Dec 2012

Thanks guys! Sucks its taking so long! Going through withdrals, been 2 months alread! Mostly just sitting waiting for money. Now have money but no dang time!

Comment

• KG
            • Dec 2012

Finally on the road! Still needs a few things done but boy does it ride sweet!

Comment

• KG
              • Dec 2012

Gangster lean!

Comment

• KG
                • Dec 2012

Been on several short rides. Bout 5-10 miles each. The chain is making a rather nasty sounding, bit of contact with the front sprocket cover. Part of why I was wanting to run smaller sprocket(got hosed on that deal, wanted a 20/44 sprocket combo [520] and was sent 23/48 530 set). But that's another story. Anyhow I'll probley end up cutting said sprocket cover to follow the round shape(get rid of whole angled portion). Aside from seat springs needing to soften up it rides great! Let go of bars at 80 n she stayed going strait!!
                Jocky and foot shifter bout work great. No clutch when shifting jockey but quick blip n it drops in/out easily. Hope to put down a 100+miles this weekend but will see how work plays out.

Comment

• brooklynbomber
                  • Sep 2011

why is the kickstand on the right side?

Comment

• KG
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by brooklynbomber
                    why is the kickstand on the right side?
                    Several reasons, frame is under 4" off the ground so ground clearance dictated it be on back hoop. I like to do things a bit different and there are not may right leaners out there. Want to stand out in a sea of bikes(think born free or smoke out, lines and lines of bikes) they all lean to the left... It also shows uncluttered side of the bike.

Comment

• KG
                      • Dec 2012

Been a bit since I've updated! Been riding the snot out of her. Got about 6-7,000 miles down! Running like a top. Have had to work on rear fender but think it's figured now. It was breaking around the weld. I added much more material to the inside of fender to help spread load/vibrations out over broader area. Otherwise shes spot on!
                      Getting read to ride to born free 7 this weekend. About 800 miles each way so should be a fun 3 day weekend!!! A pic from last weekends jaunt to the coast

Comment

• KG
                        • Dec 2012

Just got back from born free 7. Always a sensory overload! So many bikes, girls and vendors. Hard to take it ALL in.
                        Good ride to and from and was lucky enough to be put up by the pres. of the iron order mc. Good group of guys, mostly vets, and family oriented. Trip total of 1350 miles in a bit under 40hours! 95 percent of it I rode solo at HIGH speed. GPS speedo averaged 81mph on run home(doesn't count still time, 1 hour).
                        Bike did great! Had to slap on a 140/90 16 in place of the bald 130. Bout 300 miles in hit a rough stretch of I5, rear tire made and stayed in contact with rear fender. I notice it when I starred getting sprayed from back tire then Realized it was gas! Fender was so hot it melted backpack and a good hole in 1 gallon can on back! A few mins of work cured that for the rest of the trip tho.
                        Best MpG 52; worst 40.5.

Comment

• jryanfuct
                          • May 2015

im surprised your carb doesn't flood leaning that dirction. and parking in tight rows is gonna be a bitch.

but diffrent it is.

Comment

• KG
                            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by jryanfuct
                            im surprised your carb doesn't flood leaning that dirction. and parking in tight rows is gonna be a bitch.

but diffrent it is.
                            It could I guess, if I left Petcock on to long. Parked fine at Born Free! Otherwise I don't have many chances to park in "lines" of bikes.

Comment

• KG
                              • Dec 2012

Somewhere off the 215 on way to show.

Comment

• loren
                                • Jun 2015

Sweet build. I like it.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...