Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChrisFinn22
    • Feb 2014

thanks, can't wait to get the new seat in and then weld on my rebar sissy bar.

Comment

• ChrisFinn22
      • Feb 2014

Back in Black

Well I've been away now for the past month for training, but I am back and finally evened out that paint. Seems everyone is doing the flat black thing but there is a reason behind mine. Doing a memorial for my bud TJ who was KIA last year, and it requires a black tank. Then i got caught in the rain one day and never again without a front fender. So i threw that back on. Ended up cleaning up the bike since its all apart, Here is the process of it. Enjoy.

Comment

• nofendertom
        • Apr 2014

not trying to be a wiseguy--but it looks like you ended up with pretty much the same bike as you started

Comment

• ChrisFinn22
          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by nofendertom
          not trying to be a wiseguy--but it looks like you ended up with pretty much the same bike as you started
          its all good, its changed completly for me. Chain conversion, tank lift, lowered it, first time painting my own bike. This is my first crack at everything so its been great for me. This winter coming I'm hardtailing it. I'm having fun with it

Comment

• nofendertom
            • Apr 2014

It's always good to see someone dive right in and get their hands dirty. It is very satisfying to change things up
            and then ride away on the results. So until stage 2 (hardtail) ride the wheels off of it !

Comment

• ChrisFinn22
              • Feb 2014

Thats all i will be doing this summer!
              Originally posted by nofendertom
              It's always good to see someone dive right in and get their hands dirty. It is very satisfying to change things up
              and then ride away on the results. So until stage 2 (hardtail) ride the wheels off of it !

Comment

• Clockwork444
                • Dec 2013

i would save ching and get it painted. i like the look and the stance, but i have always hated flat black jobs on most bikes, looks like a cop out. the chain conversion looks great. i also think the lack of fender struts looks a little weird since your running a full fender on the back (or most of one) have you mocked up a short ducktail fender to try? anyways this is just my opinion not that you asked for it. oh and how are you jetted for those drag pipes?

Comment

• ChrisFinn22
                  • Feb 2014

Yeah i'm actually not in love with the paint looking to do something a bi tmore radical. And i'm gonna add my rear turn signals soon to the rear fender struts. My lady rides with me so I need the long fender now, But still running the stock jet size. I cleane dthe carbs all up and not a problem so far with backfire.

Comment

• ChrisFinn22
                    • Feb 2014

Little update. Put a new 2 Gal tank on it, turn signals, found some old AMF HD stickers at a local garage I picked up for $5. Rebuilt the carbs and upgraded the jets and pilots. Made a huge difference, bikes mid-range power is a lot better now.

Comment

• ChrisFinn22
                      • Feb 2014

Having issues with the bike, The bike bogged down when in 5th and then shut down completly. Battery is all good, plugs/wires all good. What could this be? Strator possibly?

Comment

• Bret
                        • Apr 2010

What kind of seat is that?

Comment

• ChrisFinn22
                          • Feb 2014

Sullys custom.

Comment

• ChrisFinn22
                            • Feb 2014

Figured out the problem it was a bad Ignition module

Comment

• hayds12
                              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by ChrisFinn22
                              Dk Customs Care package came in today. 3in Tank lift, Coil relocation kit, horn relocation kit, and ignition relocation. Took me about 2 hours to do everything along with a wire tuck that really gave me some space.
                              you in the military? I think i see an Airborne sticker

Comment

• ChrisFinn22
                                • Feb 2014

I am in the military ha, but its a Biltwell Sticker "Kill'em All and Let God sort them Out"

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;