Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LisaBallard
    • Jul 2009

New 2014 Indian Motorcycles Reveal

The next chapter of Indian Motorcycle® history is finally here.The all-new 2014 Indian® Chiefs were unveiled in Sturgis, SD.

Photo credit:Indian Motorcycles

The Indian Chief Classic Starting at $18, 999

The Indian Chief Vintage starting at $20,999

The Indian Chieftain starting at $22,999

All come with The Thunder Stroke II Motor, key-less starter, extensive chrome, 5 year coverage/ road side assistance, Indian Motorcycle badging, war bonnet, valenced fenders, center console and laced wheels. The Vintage also comes with leather bags, quick release windshield. The Chieftain is the Rolls Royce of the bunch possessing all of the above and a powered windshield, hard saddlebags, driving lights, high output audio and bluetooth capability

Watch the full video here

Enter to win a 2014 Chief here. Ends 8/11/2013 at 11:59 pm

What's your thoughts???
    Last edited by LisaBallard; 08-05-2013, 1:03 PM.
  • Saltytonk
    • Mar 2011

The first 2 look cool. The fairing on the last one is bad.
    Really bad.

A smaller bike in the line comparable to the Sportster.
    What were they called back in the day ? Scout?
    Would be cool.

Comment

• Eloso
      • Apr 2012

This video is a little long but I like the message about another made in America Motorcycle. Hopefully they produce soemthing entry level like a Sportster so we can chop it up. I love the look of that motor! -Bear

Last edited by Bear; 08-05-2013, 1:47 PM.

Comment

• Bandersnatch
        • Dec 2011

Lol,

I think they look like kawasaki drifters..........

I'd like to think maybe we'll see some get stripped down and chopped.......but because they got that "indian" name they probably won't be chopper fodder for a long time.
        The base model cheif looks best I guess if I had to pick. (If someone twisted my arm and forced me to spend 20grand on one).
        They're marketing themselves as competition for the
        Almighty Harley Davidson..........as an american made motorcycle.
        Indian is made by Polaris....who also makes Victory motorcycles.
        And is sold in a "powersports" dealership alongside 4wheelers and snowmobiles. ?.....

I just cant see someone walking into a powersports dealership........looking at a new Indian for 20grand parked next to a new VTX 1800 for half that..........or worse yet, a Kawasaki Drifter for a third of the price that looks more like an Indian than an Indian and riding out of there on a Cheif
        Last edited by Bandersnatch; 08-05-2013, 2:07 PM. Reason: hopeIwinaCheif

Comment

• Acosi151
          • Jan 2012

Good on 'em for dropping a new alternative for North American machines. They do look very nice. IMHO

Originally posted by Eloso
          Hopefully they produce soemthing entry level like a Sportster so we can chop it up. I love the look of that motor! -Bear
          Here, here! Putting on my marketing hat though, I'm trying to figure-out what the right move for them is? An Indian branded sportster competitor or a shift of the Victory line to be their entry level brand. Think Ford versus Lincoln or Chevy and Cadillac. I'm sure it costs just as much to bring a light bike to market as it does to bring a big cruiser. Gotta be hard to swallow the difference in margin.

Pardon my ignorance.. Indian never really fielded a "tracker" bike in the past did they? They've always concentrated on the big classic cruiser right?

Either way I welcome the sound of this new engine being held on the rev limiter at the local leather chap rallies to give the sound of the twin cams doing the same a little variety

Comment

• DustyDave
            Super Moderator
            • Oct 2012

Indian went broke in 1953 and there haven't been any real Indians since. Except for the Hardly headlight cover it looks better than most of the wannabes from the last 50 years! But it's still just a wannabe.
            Dusty
            Driving that train, high on cocaine
            Casey Jones you better, watch your speed
            Trouble ahead, trouble behind
            And you know that notion just crossed my mind​

Comment

• Incrediblah
              • Aug 2010

How much did they pay for you to fake excitement about posting these here?

Been following this on JJ as well, and I'm sure the results won't be much different here. I don't HATE it, but it's not really an Indian anymore. They'd be better off just calling it a Polaris.

Comment

• IronheadVic
                • Sep 2012

Parallel pushrods, looks like unit construction.....hmmm, they could be on to something.

Triumphs aren't triumphs any more either, I suppose.

I'd ride the "Chief Vintage", but not for 20K lol.

Comment

• Hatchet54
                  • Sep 2012

To me, there can only ever be one Indian.

Comment

• pig
                    • Feb 2012

Tasseled floor boards got me thinking...

Maybe they should give one to a recognized chop-shop and let them have their way with it, then post up some pictures. Like they did with that Jap bike.

Comment

• dexxx
                      • Jun 2012

Comment

• daroberts3
                        • Dec 2012

Fugly, every single one. And overpriced

Comment

• farmall
                          • Apr 2013

Indian don't need an entry-level machine. Skirtsters fill that niche for US bikes.

They had to go with the Chief look, but they should hand out some to custom shops then use them for publicity.

That would be the key to finding a lean "Super Glide" style that would artistically work with their engine and frame yet had brand identity.

If they sell decently after several years there will be some wrecks to salvage and chop.

Comment

• WBGelbke
                            • May 2013

Dig the O.C.C style "Reveal"

Comment

• turbomustang84
                              • Jun 2013

I must admit the Indians were before my time so I feel very little affection for the style .
                              That being said Triumph was from my era and are making some pretty good bikes after they reinvented themselves .
                              But in my opinion the new Indian lineup is not my taste at all .
                              Didnt they throw those fenders away back in the 40s and 50s ?
                              I would like to see them in person before I decide but in my opinion Harley is in no danger of losing their lead to victory or the new indian .

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;