• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BornFast
    • Nov 2013

W&W, 45 FMC, V-Twin repro springer?

????
    Here's the deal:

Kraftech frame up. Want a classic style front end.

I like the w&w because it has a 1" neck stem, but I'm an effing American so the idea of paying euro pricing or pounds or what ever is tough to swallow - add shipping???

What's it actually cost to get one of these things to the east coast? (Black, stock or 2" over if you're a detail devil) - anyone?

Also if I go with say 45 FMC that has a 7/8" neck stem is there a modern timken style bearing set up that will sync up with that kraftech frame?

And finally, any general guidance or reviews on which is best suited for this bob project?

Oh yeah - and if yer not much of a typer feel free to reference any previous threads.

Thanks!
  • Incrediblah
    • Aug 2010

The repop springer that you get from any of them are all made in the same place, so it's easiest to order from any V-Twin dealer. If your frame has the stock geometry, your easiest route is probably to go with the big-twin (1" stem, timken) +2 inline springer. These things are top notch, and shouldn't be associated with Taiwan Ted's usual shitty parts. I've had a few now, and all of them have been great. Only problem is, you might have trouble finding one. I was looking a couple months ago, and not a single one of the 6-7 places I called, had any in stock and also couldn't tell me when they would get them back in. That issue could certainly be solved by now, but I haven't checked.

Good luck.

Comment

• SyndicateChoppers
      • Sep 2011

Like mentioned above they are all made from the same place no matter what vendor you buy them from and they are all very good quality

as far as the stem goes you can run a 7/8" stem with a modern Timken bearing to suit a 1" neck frame but if your going to buy new you should just get the 1" stem

Lastly these have been out of stock from Vtwin and all the other major vendors for a while
      Im a dealer direct for W&W, Vtwin, and a few other places that sell these
      I'll send you over a PM in a few and let you know what I can maybe get for you

Comment

• BornFast
        • Nov 2013

thanks guys...
        I kinda had a bad feeling about availability. Whats the scoop on that?
        And where are these things being made? Sweden, Germany, Japan?
        Furthermore is this mysterious lone manufacture still in business?

I used to see 'em on ebay being sold by whoever had a bunch at the time but now they're gone? Sold out I guess.

W&W website seems to state they have em in stock. Is that accurate?

Syndicate, I'll check my PM in a sec.

Thanks again.
        Last edited by BornFast; 11-07-2013, 8:48 AM.

Comment

• SyndicateChoppers
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by BornFast
          thanks guys...
          I kinda had a bad feeling about availability. Whats the scoop on that?
          And where are these things being made? Sweden, Germany, Japan?
          Furthermore is this mysterious lone manufacture still in business?

I used to see 'em on ebay being sold by whoever had a bunch at the time but now they're gone? Sold out I guess.

W&W website seems to state they have em in stock. Is that accurate?

Syndicate, I'll check my PM in a sec.

Thanks again.
          The company that makes them is in Europe
          definitely not in Japan
          The company is still around and turning out product a lot of US sellers were getting them from Vtwin and for some reason Vtwin has been out of stock for a long time
          I believe W&W has them in stock I just checked on one for a customer about 2 weeks ago.
          Last edited by SyndicateChoppers; 12-05-2013, 4:22 PM.

Comment

• Supertjeduc
            • Jan 2013

How much $ is a repro
            I can buy one overhere for 950€ ( Holland)

Comment

• BornFast
              • Nov 2013

That's about what it should cost. Equals about 1,275 bucks.
              1,200 is pretty much the going rate for a custom springer this side the pond - excluding DNA junk.

Bought one from Zero Eng a few years back and it was about 1,200. Same with another build and LedSled, and Twisted. The Zero was beautiful but a shorty stock and to boot they don't sell them here anymore... Just production bikes and a few bolt on pieces.

Anyway $1,200 is about where 45 Flatland is.
              Anyone know if this is same quality as we've been talking about?
              And do they only sell em with 7/8" stem?
              Sent an email to 45 FMC before I started this thread but still haven't heard back.

Anyone?

Comment

• Incrediblah
                • Aug 2010

Flatland sells the same ones, all made in the same place. The 45 repros have the 7/8" stem like the original 45s. The big twin version has the 1" stem. Like syndicatechop said, you can make the 7/8 work, but the 1" is easier.

For what it's worth, I ended up finding a +2 offset BT springer on egay, when I couldn't find the inline. It'll pull your front tire in a bit and change the trail. I dig the look so I'm rollin with it on my pan.
                Last edited by Incrediblah; 11-08-2013, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• AMFshovelheads
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by SyndicateChoppers
                  I believe the company that makes them is in Poland or Germany
                  definitely not in Japan
                  They're made in Poland. Quality should be OK.

a little more info

Comment

• BornFast
                    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by AMFshovelheads
                    They're made in Poland. Quality should be OK.

a little more info
                    http://www.sscycle.com/tech/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3037
                    I still haven't been able to get my hands on a front end.
                    V-twin has flat out discontinued the product. Those were reported to
                    Be made in China. Zero engineering doesn't have them either anymore because they were using the same manufacture. I ordered a set from 45 FMC and they said they have none.
                    It's kinda beginning to sound like they all do come from the same place but it ain't Europe - it's China???

Anyone care to chime in on this?

Comment

• Incrediblah
                      • Aug 2010

Wonder if they shifted production to China, and that's why there's a gap in availability. I'd be really cautious about buying one if that is the case.

Comment

• Supertjeduc
                        • Jan 2013

There is a guy in the Netherlands who makes a very nice springer
                        Top quality

Last edited by Supertjeduc; 12-05-2013, 2:51 PM.

Comment

• SyndicateChoppers
                          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by BornFast
                          I still haven't been able to get my hands on a front end.
                          V-twin has flat out discontinued the product. Those were reported to
                          Be made in China. Zero engineering doesn't have them either anymore because they were using the same manufacture. I ordered a set from 45 FMC and they said they have none.
                          It's kinda beginning to sound like they all do come from the same place but it ain't Europe - it's China???

Anyone care to chime in on this?
                          I will clear the whole mystery up about it

1. Every single one of them all come from the same place. It is a place in Europe.
                          They are not being made in China nor were they ever made in China I dont know where that rumor came from but that it total bullshit whoever tells you that has no clue what they are talking about.

2. Vtwin will not be selling anymore of them. They had a falling out with the company that makes them directly. Vtwin was the 1 and only US distributor for the company making them and Vtwin was selling to everyone else like 45 FMC, and other shops including mine.
                          The direct manufacturer has cut Vtwin off from future sales. I will not get into why this happened but it did happen and this is the situation that is currently going on.

They are still available from W&W in Germany but the retail price is a hell of a lot higher than what Vtwin was selling them for. This is due to the fact that you now have to pay shipping from Europe on a large sized package, and you also have to account for the currency conversion.

I have been trying to work with W&W on buying from them in bulk in order to keep the price down on them.
                          I am a direct distributor for W&W.
                          W&W does not make these themselves they merely sell them so there is a mark up factor I have to deal with when buying from them.

If anyone is interested in them please send me a pm on here or an email direct at [email protected].

As of right now you will not find anyone in the US that has them in stock unless its an old stock or a customer return.

I have been dealing with this for over a month now as I have several customers that want and need them but not enough volume for it get the pricing down to being reasonable.
                          If I buy them in a bigger bulk of course then the pricing goes down etc.

So again if anyone is in need of buying one please contact me I am trying to get a list together of serious buyers to try and maybe get a big order in for them.

Comment

• SyndicateChoppers
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Incrediblah
                            Wonder if they shifted production to China, and that's why there's a gap in availability. I'd be really cautious about buying one if that is the case.
                            No that is not the case please read my above reply

Comment

• Incrediblah
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by SyndicateChoppers
                              No that is not the case please read my above reply
                              Thanks for all the info. Sucks that they're so hard to get now, they really are nice.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;