Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TyroninFXR
    • Sep 2011

Quitting opiates, started today

I've been on oxycontin and percocet since my wreck a year and a half ago. They worked at first but now I don't feel them, just feel like ass shit if I miss a dose. Tired of feeling like a fish on a hook, fuck this shit all i need is weed, shit tons of weed. I'm starting a self made gradual cut back plan that will end in 5 weeks, just in time for 4-20, didn't plan it that way but it's appropriate. This shit is giving me buttloads of anxiety, and I know alot of you guys have gone down this same road.

I lost my best friend to pills 4 years ago. Lost a good friend and founder of my crew to heroin 2 years ago. And inbetween I lost 2 friends to suicide. I think I'm using these pills for more than just physical pain, that's why quitting is giving me so much anxiety. Don't know what to do with all this nervous energy so I'm writing about it. I swore to myself that I wouldn't get hooked on opiates after losing my best friend, but then I got whiskey drunk and wrecked my bike, broke my back and broke my skull in 3 places, so here i am hooked on the dragon. I just won a 5 year battle with a raging coke addiction, and now I gotta deal with this shit. Thank god for weed.

Feel free to move this to the junk pile, or call me a fag and rip on me, i dont mind, just gettin shit off my chest. I know alot of riders go thru this same hell, wreck your bike, either by no fault of your own or being fucktarded like me, almost die in the ICU, then spend a year laying on your back on your bed in front of your tv on the livingroom floor of your apartment, then you wake up and realize ur a dirty hippy junkie and it's time to snap out of it, cuz there's too many moto adventures waiting to happen and you cant just lay around being pilled out forever.
  • SleezyRider
    • Dec 2011

FAG!
    Kidding. I was bad off with vicoden with whiskey chasers after I tore my shoulder out. Army sent me to rehab for that one

Comment

• TyroninFXR
      • Sep 2011

haha the Army sent me to the brig for smackin a sgt with a pipe, no shit, 94-96.

Comment

• ThePete
        • Nov 2011

Fukin sucks, I got hooked on percs after my knee surgeries, granted its no where near what you went through but it sucked kicking them. Now I try not to take anything, after I got hit last June I didn't even fill my perscription for the vicodan, most I'd take was a flexerol at night so I could sleep. I don't have the luxury of being able to smoke out or I'm sure I would have, I know I'd have felt better the next day than I did on the flexerol. Good luck and happy 20th of April once it gets here.
        Last edited by ThePete; 03-17-2012, 3:48 AM. Reason: Meat hooks do not play well on small Apple products.

Comment

• TyroninFXR
          • Sep 2011

Thanks. I'll be clean just in time for hitler's birthday!! Yayy 88!!

Comment

• Kickstarts
            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by TyroninFXR
            Thanks. I'll be clean just in time for hitler's birthday!! Yayy 88!!
            That's weird...he was a junkie too.

Comment

• cros36
              • Dec 2010

hey man, good job on waking up and realizing that your in need of change. best of luck to you.

Comment

• Acosi151
                • Jan 2012

Good for you man. Don't discount going to your doctor and explaining what you're up to and why. There's drugs like Naltrexone that can help.

I'm 150 days sober from booze today after trying to quit a dozen times never going more than like a week in a strectch. It was/is way 'effin easier after I finally got my doctor involved.

Comment

• TyroninFXR
                  • Sep 2011

My doc is a jerkface pill pusher, just like all the docs i've seen at UC Davis. I told him I want to quit in baby steps, like maybe 10mg's a month step down until I'm clean. That assblood slashed me from 80mg's/day to 50mgs/day, said cutting back on percocet wont cause withdrawals as bad as quitting the oxy. It only took me 10 minutes and a laptop to prove that fuck wrong. At the end of the day it's all oxycodone, the same dam drug, nomatter how it's delivered. most people dont know this but oxycontin is nothing more than the active ingredient from norco or percocet, just without the tylenol cut, and in a time released pill. So I said fuck you, what world do you live in, and drew up my own plan for quitting in 5 weeks. I traded all my oxy for norco, started today by taking 6 of them evenly spaced thru the day, tomorrow is 5.5 pills, then 5 and so on untill i get to 3 a day, then i take 3 a day for a week, then 2 a day for a week, etc. Day one is over, its 5am and I cant sleep. Fuck doctors, smoke weed.

Comment

• svwannabe
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by TyroninFXR
                    Fuck doctors, smoke weed.
                    Thats what I was going to tell you... Seriously though, good look bro

Comment

• Capino
                      • Apr 2024

For anyone who is quick to criticize , I would just like to say that absolutely anyone can become easily addicted to this shit.
                      My buddy is a decorated Marine Sniper, was assigned to 8th and I ,Spent time at the White House etc. Shortly after becoming a Police Officer at a Big East Coast City Police Dept , he got into a physical altercation with another Police Officer . After beating the other officers ass he turned to walk away and the other officer shot him in the back. Luckily he was wearing his bulletproof vest, but the shot caused permanent damage to his spinal cord. He was retired off the force on 1/3 pay ( only a few hundred dollars a week) and addicted to oxycontin . Since he was retired on disability he was able to keep his badge and gun, after a while the oxy's turned to Heroin and he turned to a life of crime to pay for his addiction. I was with him when he hit rock bottom...it was not a pretty sight.

He has now kicked the habit and is in a band that has been signed by a major record label.

Comment

• ScooterTrash48
                        • Jan 2012

It takes a big man to admit he has a problem, it takes a bigger man to put it out in public and want to fix it. I congratulate you for wanting to better yourself man! Good luck

Sent from my super awesome apple product

Comment

• BuddhahoodVato
                          • Apr 2010

Buy some granola, eat it through out the day, will get rid of the bile in your tummy. the residue from the pills is all in your tummy, bet you had a hard time taking a shit. should of ask for the real deal. Carga cowboy, carga.

Comment

• purerockfury
                            • Mar 2011

good luck man, i have personal experience with that shit. i was hooked for 3 or so years. i tried to do it myself several times and even put myself in detox 3 or 4 times but i just couldn't get away from it. the only thing that saved my life was i actually got in enough trouble where the judge gave me two options, go to jail for 3 to 4 years or go into treatment for a 9 or so months. i took the treatment, started with 30 days in jail, 2 months in holding and then 6 months in a halfway house.

funny thing was the halfway house thing was being suggest to me from day one of actually trying to quit but i refused, turns out though it worked. next month will be 8 years off the junk. sad thing is many of my friends have either died, doing time or still fucked up on the shit....

sorry to inform you but kicking is still kicking tho, no matter what dose you work your way down to your body is still addicted to the shit and once you stop all together, within 24 hrs your going to be hurting, bad! feels like death, flu symptoms,leg pains, throwing up and your whole body feels like someone beat the living shit out of you...

i give you props for recognizing it's a problem and trying it yourself but if it doesn't work don't be afraid to ask for help. don't leave anything off the table, even going into long term treatment. it sucks leaving your friends and family but it works, well for some of us and it did for me. being forced into it was the best thing that ever happened to me. if it was as easy as you think it is right now, everyone would stop or most people anyways but reality is opiate addicts have a very, very low recovery rate...

Comment

• DimeStreetSaint
                              • Jun 2011

Hey man I wish you the best of luck with kicking that shit. I have watched the most straight edged dudes including my brother get hooked on that shit and it's brutal to watch. I have multiple friends that were in accidents and got hooked on pills. A few ended up doing heroin after their doctors just cut them off, Leaving them with serious withdrawals and a drug addiction. I almost lost my brother to an overdose, it was the worst day of my life. After that He just quit that shit cold turkey and came out stronger than ever. He tried all the other shit to get him off but nothing worked for him. He just woke up one day and said fuck it I'm done, and that was it. I hope today is that day for you.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;