Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coldsmokejr
    • Sep 2010

The Mid USA "hardbody" springer is almost the same as DNA, the front lgs are a bit beefier, but still Chinese.

Comment

• Bandersnatch
      • Dec 2011

I love how the thread's name was changed.

And yet nobody rips Mid USA "hardbody" springer owners a new one.

"Whoa Jack, lay offa me....can't you tell this ain't no DNA! It's a MidUsa! Note the axle nuts.....they're attached."

Comment

• coldsmokejr
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Bandersnatch

"Whoa Jack, lay offa me....can't you tell this ain't no DNA! It's a MidUsa! Note the axle nuts.....they're attached."
        Calm down, I wasnt ripping on you or your springer, just saying the MID USA "hardbody" (that's what they call it, by the way) is also Chinese outsourced. And trying to explain WHY the DNAs suck.

Comment

• Bandersnatch
          • Dec 2011

Haha, No dude I'm not being serious. I just think that it's funny there are like 5 different "brands" of the same springer and DNA is the "trash" one.
          Like I said. I can't really see a difference except the Paughco rear leg's "tree" is a lil thicker and curved but they share the same "weakness" from what I can tell.
          Which is why it'd be funny for a dude with a MidUSA to be offended if it were mistaken as a DNA.

Comment

• BamBam
            • Jun 2011

I don't think there's much of a way to modify a DNA to make it truly reliable. Just considering the inferior metal the Chinese use, even if you modify springs, front legs, etc., the rest of it is still born from an inferior product. A lot of guys talk about tools from Harbor Freight being "disposable", and "if it breaks, I'll just buy another". Well, I prefer not to think of essential suspension pieces in the same light. If someone has good luck with them, or has modified them and been successful, more power to ya. Not my cup of tea to start with that kinda product and try to make chicken salad from chicken shit.

Comment

• SleezyRider
              • Dec 2011

I've had but one experience with a DNA springer. My old boss had one on his dyna. Is been on there a few years. He runs a shop so he is super stringent on upkeep. He's never had problem one with it. Its like running an ironhead...alot of people says the are sorry and always break down. Our seems mostly, at least to me, that its all in the owners upkeep. Zeng

Comment

• Bandersnatch
                • Dec 2011

Got some pics

Alright. I did an image search originally to pull up the three brands that look the same and found a thread on a different forum that actually had some modified DNAs. Anyway so here's some pics....
                [IMG][/IMG]
                [IMG][/IMG]
                [IMG][/IMG]
                And here's a Paughco, MidUsa, and a Paugco Narrow...
                [IMG][/IMG]
                [IMG][/IMG]
                [IMG][/IMG]
                I actually dig the way that milled one looks. Maybe this winter if I don't find a Harley 6+over.

Comment

• Hooligan80
                  • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Bandersnatch

I've never even seen a MIdUSA springer. I've seen plenty of Paughco springers, a few Sugar Bear springers, a few Denver springers, and those are all still running and riding to this day

Comment

• CRFyou
                    • Mar 2010

To me, front ends are like space shuttles.

If one fails and breaks apart...It's like, WTF!?!?! Oh my god! Are you kidding me?!?! Did you fucking see that?!!?! Jesus Christ monkey balls!!!

If two break... Okay, I need to invoke the powerful words of President George W. Bush...
                    "Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

Just like we retired out shuttle fleet that had 2 catastrophic disasters, let's retire the DNA fleet. Some worked some did not.

You ever ride on the freeway, doing 80, look down and wonder what would happen if your fork went full on Palestinian Bomber on you??

Fuck that.

Comment

• clp
                      • Aug 2011

I think they look like shit, even if they worked i wouldent run one.
                      Would rather save up and buy a good one.

Comment

• Bandersnatch
                        • Dec 2011

Does that broken one look like a Paughco? It looks like the bottom "tree" is curved like a Paughco........
                        BTW the three smaller pics are to show the similarities....the top one is a Paughco, the middle is a MidUSA hardbody, and the bottom one is a Paughco Narrow. And the top two are DNA.

Comment

• SleezyRider
                          • Dec 2011

I think the fact that they are ugly is why the dude wanted modded pics. It takes balls and know how to polish a turd good and right

Comment

• mrkil
                            • Dec 2010

Atleast it hasn't turned into pics of some dudes nuts.

Comment

• Bandersnatch
                              • Dec 2011

I'll be a sonofa B.

My front axle nut was loose today. That loctite held for about 1year.

Comment

• mrkil
                                • Dec 2010

that is scary to hear. I may drill a hole through mine to add a split pin to avoid eating pavement.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;