X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • firstripholdmybeer
    • Apr 2018

Super e jetting with drag pipes

Hey CC,
    I just got a super E and some standard length 1 3/4” slash cut drag pipes. Wondering what jet kit you guys would recommend for a set up like this?

Also thinking about putting some cheap $20 baffles in them.
  • andri
    • Mar 2012

S&S have a pretty good solution for jetting with drag pipes they show in this vid of theirs.

But really you must give at least some basic info on what engine, size and such before you can expect anyone to answer your question.
    Nightrider has a pretty good chart on what jet sizes for what engine displacement to expect.
    Just use that as a reference, buy the jets in that range and start fiddling with it.

Then other factors do come into play aswell, like the altitude where you live and such.

Baffles are in my opinion a good idea. some guys swear by lollypops, others prefer a proper baffle. I tend to believe that a baffle that does not restrict your exhaust flow but breaks up the waves of exhaust. Hp baffles have worked fine for me.

Comment

• JBinNC
      • Dec 2018

If you are going to use a baffle, the Kromeworks HP baffles are probably the best choice.
      If this is your evo XL, and it's an 883, you would be much better off with the stock CV, properly jetted. But the Super E can definitely be jetted to work, it is a very flexible carb

Jim

Comment

• farmall
        • Apr 2013

If you have the stock carb and it works, save that fucker for troubleshooting, and not necessarily troubleshooting your own motorcycle!

It will start and run on any HD you can attach it to. You can never have too many carbs.

Comment

• JBinNC
          • Dec 2018

Originally posted by farmall
          If you have the stock carb and it works, save that fucker for troubleshooting, and not necessarily troubleshooting your own motorcycle!

It will start and run on any HD you can attach it to. You can never have too many carbs.
          I'm a carb junkie myself. The only two I can think of that I don't have at present is a brass Linkert and an S&S "A".

Jim

Comment

• firstripholdmybeer
            • Apr 2018

Originally posted by andri
            S&S have a pretty good solution for jetting with drag pipes they show in this vid of theirs...
            thanks for your response and sources, these are very helpful. my engine is a 1200 Evo Xl. I ended up getting a set of lollypops that seem spacious for good airflow.

Comment

• firstripholdmybeer
              • Apr 2018

Originally posted by JBinNC
              you would be much better off with the stock CV, properly jetted. But the Super E can definitely be jetted to work, it is a very flexible carb

Jim
              Hey Jim, Thanks for the response. My evo is a 1200 with a mikuni HSR42 carb. My buddy hooked my up with a Super E with a better looking air cleaner. all for a case of beer, so I figured I would see how it does

Comment

• SamHain
                • Apr 2024

Originally posted by firstripholdmybeer
                Hey Jim, Thanks for the response. My evo is a 1200 with a mikuni HSR42 carb. My buddy hooked my up with a Super E with a better looking air cleaner. all for a case of beer, so I figured I would see how it does
                Maybe you can get some square wheels too.

Comment

• Tattooo
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by firstripholdmybeer
                  My buddy hooked my up with a Super E with a better looking air cleaner. all for a case of beer,
                  You got the shitty end of the deal...... Do you want a better looking breather or a better running bike??? S$S carbs suck on the street........ mikunis are 10 X better....

But that's just me of course.........

Comment

• Tattooo
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by SamHain
                    LOL I'm sure his buddy can hook him up there too......... Those will only cost two cases of beer...... LOL

Comment

• firstripholdmybeer
                      • Apr 2018

Originally posted by SamHain
                      yea he had those but the tread was shit some how.

Comment

• firstripholdmybeer
                        • Apr 2018

Originally posted by Tattooo
                        You got the shitty end of the deal...... Do you want a better looking breather or a better running bike??? S$S carbs suck on the street........ mikunis are 10 X better....

But that's just me of course.........
                        better running bike of course, I've just heard all good things about S&S Carbs and have had a couple tell me they like them a lot more than their stock setup.I'll look into a jet kit for my mikuni. cheers!

Comment

• farmall
                          • Apr 2013

Some of the like is because they had the strangled stock setup, not because of any S&S virtue besides the sexy deco air filter housing. Tune per S&S instructions and the carb should work OK but if you haven't tuned the Mikuni per their instructions I'd do that first.

Keep the S&S even if you don't end up running it on that bike. They are well suited to big twins and simple as a toilet.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                          Working...
                          ;