Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • misfitJason
    • Sep 2009

Gentlemen, can you ID This frame ?!

It’s for sale locally at a very good price. I am working on going to look at it. No title and no mso but I have been down this road before and am prepared for that. I was thinking chopper guys but now I don’t believe so. Any ideas

And these are the only pics I have of it so far
    1-E8-D268-B-966-F-427-C-9906-8458-C07-ED763

C680-A676-89-DC-4-D5-E-9-AE3-87922-A6-BC147

E478-F3-A3-5-DE6-41-E9-8-F60-3-E86-E24-B73-CD

• 1954bmw
    • Mar 2015

What are they asking for it, looks a little bare??? Can't see with the handlebars and clutch in the way, is the front motor mount even welded on???
    Last edited by 1954bmw; 12-11-2021, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• misfitJason
      • Sep 2009

I was looking at that too. Seller says no numbers on the frame but he doesn’t seem too knowledgable. Asking price is 300 with the swingarm for 240 rear. I might be inclined for 200

Comment

• confab
        • May 2019

I absolutely can't ID something like that in a million years.. But someone should be able to with no trouble, because it is pretty unique.

The triangulated, boxed area at the rear. What they've done with the struts back there.

It is interesting and looks very, very light. Doesn't really look much like a Harley frame.. Although it has a Harley shock dangling from it.

The tank is cool.

Comment

• Down
          • Jan 2016

Looks like it's garage made to me. Those welds on the plates in the rear? Oof.
          Someone tried to build an FXR/Touring frame. It's probably fit for a rubber mounted Harley motor. Impossible to say what it really is when the pictures are this bad. I'd stay the fuck away from it.

Put that 300 towards a frame jig. Build your own frame.
          Last edited by Down; 12-13-2021, 1:43 AM.

Comment

• 1954bmw
            • Mar 2015

Welp, so what was the decision, what did you do??? There is currently a Steel Stallion FXR Prostreet frame on ebay that sure looks like the same frame, rear struts look the same, but has a front mount???

Comment

• misfitJason
              • Sep 2009

The guy never got back to me. He had a bunch of other shot I was wanting as well. But oh well

Comment

• farmall
                • Apr 2013

Ya dodged a bullet. Run away.

No neck gussets and all the rest shows me it's trash. I checked the Ebay pics too. If that fell into my hands free (I wouldn't buy the thing) it would meet the Sawzall and become another drivetrain caddy.

It's garbage and sticking mints into a turd doesn't make it a candy bar.

Check out FXR and "pro street" Fecesbook groups. A titled (real, much stiffer) FXR frame goes between a grand and fifteen hundred. Ebay prices are almost always high. If you don't actually require a real FXR frame (much love for mine but the ugly is incurable) the aftermarket (Paughco, Kraftech etc) have frames you can use up a rubbermount Evo or Twin Cam donor to fill and have MSOs. Dead "pro street" projects using better pseudo-FXR frames that owners gave up on are an option.

If you can neck mod a bagger (the VIN is on the side and bagger neck modders sometimes move it when welding on extended necks) frame you get a similar result and titled bagger frames are cheaper as are donor bikes. (Late baggers with integral oil pans are a popular gearbox swap I recommend on any Evo FXR. FXRs missed that upgrade because they were discontinued. )

What drivetrain do you have that you seek a frame?
                Last edited by farmall; 01-13-2022, 5:30 PM.

Comment

• misfitJason
                  • Sep 2009

I am not necessarily seeking a frame. However, I do have an 1988 Flh motor and five speed softail trans sitting in my garage as spares. Wink wink

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...
                  ;