Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tater66
    • Mar 2019

DEW fork tubes

Im on the prowl for extended tubes. Past discussions have mentioned quality issues with most mfg's with the exception of Franks and Custom Cycle. Those are at the top of the list but the price is high. Then I stumble upon DEW tubes. Budget friendly, yes. Quality ? Not sure.

If anyone who has direct, hands-on experience with these tubes please chime in.
  • SaddleTramp98
    • Apr 2020

T.C. Bros 8 over tubes are what I have on my sportster. $250 for everything you need besides the fork oil. Mine are good, so far no problems.

I looked up the DEW tubes and the ones on Amazon were like $300 for just the tubes and the description said " custom cycle engineering" that's who makes Lowbrows tubes so idk what's up with that.

I heard someone got tubes from Frank's cheaper than T.C. Bros or anywhere but I'm not positive they did.

Just shop around, but I'd go with Frank's or T.C. bros before DEW. Throttle addiction looked like they had something around $180 but they may just be the tubes by themselves.

Hope this helps

Comment

• Tater66
      • Mar 2019

The problem Im running into is a vendor has CCE tubes listed but the description mentions DEW so Im confused on whats what.

May be DEW is the supplier or something like that. I have no idea if CCE is the tube manufacturer and they are rebranded like you mention about Lowbrow tubes. Could be that DEW is a reseller or even possible that they are the manufacturer and CCE is a reseller. The mystery continues...

Comment

• Down
        • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Tater66
        The problem Im running into is a vendor has CCE tubes listed but the description mentions DEW so Im confused on whats what.

May be DEW is the supplier or something like that. I have no idea if CCE is the tube manufacturer and they are rebranded like you mention about Lowbrow tubes. Could be that DEW is a reseller or even possible that they are the manufacturer and CCE is a reseller. The mystery continues...
        Whatever the case, TC Bros tubes come with new seals, retaining clips and even the bolts for the damper tube.
        I've got 3 sets already. Good quality. Available in gold as well.

Comment

• TriNortchopz
          • Dec 2017

May be DEW is the supplier or something like that. I have no idea if CCE is the tube manufacturer and they are rebranded like you mention about Lowbrow tubes.
          Could be that DEW is a reseller or even possible that they are the manufacturer and CCE is a reseller. The mystery continues...
          "After running Custom Cycle Engineering for many years Randy (Smith, founded Custom Cycle Engineering in 1967) sold his interest in the company to Rick and Jim Whitehead of DEW Mfg. in 1989.
          DEW Mfg. was est. in 1971 and is one of the largest manufactures of extension fork tubes for the Harley aftermarket industry...
          DEW Mfg. not only makes fork tubes, we also design custom triple trees, risers, front hub spools, tweek bars and clutches..."
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Randy-Smith-45-Magnum-Poster.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	1319220
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Randy-Smith-Photo-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	1319222
          Attached Files
          Last edited by TriNortchopz; 07-15-2021, 7:14 AM.
          If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• Tater66
            • Mar 2019

Ok, so the DEW crew is(was) CCE. Would it be safe to say thats still the case ?

I ask because CCE fork tubes are listed near $600 and DEW tubes are half the price. If they are indeed the same thing then Im doing the DEW.

(BTW, egay vendor pulled the plug when questioned about the difference. Wouldn't surprise me if they pop up in a day or two with a higher price)

Comment

• pan620
              • Feb 2013

$600.00 for CCE fork tubes? I sell them for 320.00.

Comment

• CycleFreak
                • Jun 2011

Are you sure the price difference isn't between the "hard" and "show" chrome versions? CCE makes both and there's a substantial price difference.

Comment

• Tater66
                  • Mar 2019

I did check again and yes, the price diff is SC vs HC versions. The money is about the same CCE or DEW branded.

As I said, the egay vendor pulled the plug on my purchase after they realized they fucked up and almost sold HC for the SC price.

Comment

• pan620
                    • Feb 2013

You do no there are other places then Flea-Bay to buy parts, right?

Comment

• rockman96
                      • May 2018

Originally posted by pan620
                      You do no there are other places then Flea-Bay to buy parts, right?
                      Do you have a web site?

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by rockman96
                        Do you have a web site?
                        I am actually looking for a decent set of +2 35mm Kayaba tubes for an early 70s Sporty or FX. I tried to email Frank's but their website just says they are moving ( Still? ).

Don't mind paying a fair price as I just wasted $200.00 on an ebay set that I can't thread the tops all the way on and would really like to put a bow on the front end at this point.

Comment

• Down
                          • Jan 2016

Originally posted by rockman96
                          Do you have a web site?
                          TCBroschoppers.com

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                          Working...
                          ;