Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mars
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Andy
    That's a great motor if you're going the special construction route. It all depends on what you're looking for. Personally, I like oem Pan motors, but everyone builds what they like.
    I agree with your taste. I want to go with a OEM motor and frame with simple modifications. However, I still can appreciate some of the simple hard tail evo based builds, but when your are done there is no value. With an OEM build, you have something that can sell when you want to move to another build.

Comment

• mars
      • Nov 2010

Bruce Palmers book "How to restore your Harley Davidson".
      Thanks, I just ordered a copy, but just so you know. This book is expensive.... On Amazon, one guy is selling it for $999 for a new copy another is $400 for a new copy. I just got a used copy for $200, and that was the cheapest used copy listed.

Comment

• Andy
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by mars
        Thanks, I just ordered a copy, but just so you know. This book is expensive.... On Amazon, one guy is selling it for $999 for a new copy another is $400 for a new copy. I just got a used copy for $200, and that was the cheapest used copy listed.
        Even $200 is expensive for that book. They were selling for less than $30.00 before they went out of print. There is an online version that you can buy for about $20.00 or so.

Comment

• dirtbag
          • Aug 2010

Wrong, 1970 and up Harley's are titled by the frame numbers, period. Plenty of bikes out there like yours, but it's not legit. Only 1969 and earlier Harley motors are titled by the engine numbers.
          just did some reading and learned a bit ,thanks

Comment

• savetherock
            • Sep 2010

Even $200 is expensive for that book. They were selling for less than $30.00 before they went out of print. There is an online version that you can buy for about $20.00 or so.

Comment

• Andy
              • Sep 2009

That's the one, thanks for posting that link.

Maybe they'll reprint these at some point, but for now the online version is the least expensive way to go.

Comment

• Clockwork444
                • Dec 2013

if your looking for a build that will carry value, you should be in the market for a knucklehead. as far as the panheads go, i agree with using a stock frame. if you want a hardtail, go for a wishbone frame, and if you want a swingarm, anything in the early 60s is great. the problem is the swingarm frames were bigger bikes so your build will look wide unless you cut up the frame, in which case your back to killing the value. I wouldnt build a bike just to think about resale. i would rather build whatever i liked and put the pan in it. the value lies in the titled (running) engine anyways.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                Working...
                ;