For all the VIRAGO haters out there!!! check on my custom!

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davidabl
    • Nov 2009

TT nailed it. Those "stock swirl mags' probably account for a lot of the hate on Viragos

Comment

• Demin
      • Aug 2011

Here's one I did awhile back.Gay mags and all.

And one I'm doing now.Thinking maybe going trike with this one.

Comment

• mhormell
        • Mar 2012

Heh ya the swirls are gay ad Hell lol but nope these are stock rims its a 95 they went.to the five star some time in the 90s I think I just blacked them out, having my spare set powder coated right now, so what's the easiest way to post a video on here?

Comment

• Hooligan80
          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by mhormell
          Ya.I'd.like. to convert it to chain but i hear its pretty hard
          Actually, I'd leave it shaft drive, due to the fact you never have to replace a chain, tighten and re tighten a chain, worry about chain slap or worry about a chain snapping on you. Not to mention your actual torque transfer level to the ground is better. Only reason I'm not fond of them is because they are a bitch to hard tail. There's one in my area on Craigslist that the guy did a legit hard tail on.

Comment

• mhormell
            • Mar 2012

Ya I don't really mind the shaft at all, I just wish it was easy easy to change gear ratios as it is with chain lol

Comment

• HotSnotRocket
              • Apr 2024

I'll give credit where it's due. I'm not a Varago... whatever hater. I just struggle with some of the new "foreign" made scoots selling for more than you can buy American with. (I'm trying hard.) I see tons of foreign V-Twins for sale on CL. I also see tons of Low Priced American Made Bikes.

I've seen some really nice Bobbers that many of you have built and you've done better than the factory in most cases or I like them better! I owned a truck load of "foreign" bikes before I bought my first American bike. (and that was when the American made bikes were Crap.)

It's all Good. The blue bike will look pretty cool when it's finished.

Comment

• felix
                • Mar 2012

nice bike
                I have a virago 535, is not finished yet

Comment

• jandbinc
                  • Jul 2011

Love the Virago

I have a 77cb 750F. I also have a 83 Kawi Spectre 750. I ride my 82 Yamaha Virago xv920. I rebuilt the Virago a year ago. My next door neighbor had it in his barn for 10 years. One day he said he was going to haul it off to the dump. I asked what was wrong and he didn't know. I found out the bearings where shot. I replaced the bearings the crank and new pistons. I have about 5000 miles on it now and I love it here are some pictures. I rode it stock for a while. I replaced the dash and the head light. I also have a single carb manifold with a mikuni 42mm flat slide. She runs great.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Deadweight
                    • Apr 2024

I hard-tailed a Virago ONCE. I have a strong appreciation for yer ride. Nice job.

Comment

• mhormell
                      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Deadweight
                      I hard-tailed a Virago ONCE. I have a strong appreciation for yer ride. Nice job.
                      how did the hard tail turn out? im doing struts pretty soon and inverted 08 gsxr 1000 front end on it, just curious if i should leave my burley lowers 10 1/2 shocks or just hard tail it with my 10in struts, any thoughts??

Comment

• mhormell
                        • Mar 2012

Video of my bike running at idle, can't rev it, my phones Mic can't handle it lol

Comment

• davidabl
                          • Nov 2009

you really dont like the no down tube look? thats whats all ways turned me onto the bike, its nothing but motor lol, just looks muscular for a little bike with no frame wrapping the motor
                          This was one of the great featured of the fabled Vincent Black Shadow by the way.
                          Makes a big gnarly engine look bigger and gnarlier.
                          Or in the case of the virago, not so gnarly engines. :-)

Comment

• mhormell
                            • Mar 2012

if that video before didnt work, this one will

Comment

• mhormell
                              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by davidabl
                              This was one of the great featured of the fabled Vincent Black Shadow by the way.
                              Makes a big gnarly engine look bigger and gnarlier.
                              Or in the case of the virago, not so gnarly engines. :-)

lol ud be suprised just how "gnarly" they virago engine can be when modded..

Comment

• davidabl
                                • Nov 2009

lol ud be suprised just how "gnarly" they virago engine can be when modded..
                                No doubt. An awful lot of mc engines seem to come to us "detuned" for reliability.
                                I probably should have said gnarly LOOKING. Old engines had lots of covers,bolts,external oil lines etc. that modern ones don't. Iron barrels too. All that stuff made them look more gnarly
                                than they actually were:-)
                                Just compare the Virago power plant with the Vincent, or a TC88 with a knuckle/pan/shovel.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;