Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Detale
    • Jan 2012

I went to the DMV last week here in NY and on the tittle I had from the PO my '70 XS650 it said "odometer disclosure exempt by federal law". I had no idea what that meant so i looked it up and I found that under the "Federal Truth in Mileage Act" that you DO NOT have to report the odometer reading if:

Reporting the odometer mileage reading is encouraged, but not mandatory if:

the vehicle is 10 years old or older,
    the vehicle is a commercial vehicle with unladen weight of more than 8,500 lbs (more than 16,000 lbs gross vehicle weight),
    the vehicle is sold directly by a manufacturer to any agency of the United States, or
    the vehicle is a new vehicle transferred prior to first retail sale by a dealer.

I don't know what happened to you at the DMV but I'd say try again and ask about this.
    Last edited by Detale; 03-12-2012, 6:10 PM.

Comment

• MegaDON666
      • Jul 2010

Just took mine to AAA and now I have to take it the the CHP, but the CHP seemed more knowledgable then the DMV, take in on a truck or trailer and tell them its a project, It needs to be out together and not a pile of parts.

Comment

• Huero
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by hugodv01
        ...since government workers are worthless piles of shit who ride the easy train until they can retire and collect a pension they do not deserve. They do mediocre half assed jobs in their cushy careers. Fucken hate them
        Worthless pile of shit? I stomped ass all over Bell Gardens and then the SGV, then got a G.E.D. and served 7 years Active Duty military, deployed half-way across the world away from my Family, went to night school and received an AA, left Active Duty to obtain a BS in Accounting, deployed as again a Reservist, then put in applications for 3 years to finally land a Gov't job as an Accountant working 50 hours a week.

Who the FUCK are you calling a worthless pile of shit?! What mediocre job do you show up to everyday?

Oh, I was also a certified welder, too, just in case you thought we only push pencils in our cushy jobs.

Comment

• Detale
          • Jan 2012

Wow did he touch a nerve there Huero?

Comment

• Incrediblah
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Detale
            I went to the DMV last week here in NY and on the tittle I had from the PO my '70 XS650 it said "odometer disclosure exempt by federal law". I had no idea what that meant so i looked it up and I found that under the "Federal Truth in Mileage Act" that you DO NOT have to report the odometer reading if:

I don't know what happened to you at the DMV but I'd say try again and ask about this.
            Thanks for that link. I was under the impression that it didn't matter, provided that part on the title was filled out correctly and signed by both parties, confirming that the mileage is not accurate (which it was, and I showed her). She wasn't having it. She just snapped back at me and said, "WELL what am I supposed to look at in order to verify the mileage then??" I wasn't in the mood to argue, so I turned around and left.

Comment

• Huero
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Detale
              Wow did he touch a nerve there Huero?
              I've been fighting stereotypes my whole life; something's never change.

I own a Harley Davidson, too, does that make me a weekend warrior "bagger"? Hahahahahaha

Salud,

Big Huero

Comment

• Pendulum
                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Incrediblah
                Thanks for that link. I was under the impression that it didn't matter, provided that part on the title was filled out correctly and signed by both parties, confirming that the mileage is not accurate (which it was, and I showed her). She wasn't having it. She just snapped back at me and said, "WELL what am I supposed to look at in order to verify the mileage then??" I wasn't in the mood to argue, so I turned around and left.
                Isn't that the whole point of checking that the mileage is inaccurate? Some people...

Comment

• elmiguel13
                  • Mar 2010

Originally posted by petemcgill
                  I tried bringing my Shovel to AAA in CA, it had an out of state title and was a special construction. They said I had to go to the DMV office for VIN verification. That was last Sept.
                  I'm willing to bet that was because it was special construction.Each state is different and they dont necessarily accept each others BS. MSO's and all that shit is not theyre area of expertise. Also willing to bet if you tried to take it to the DMV theyre gonna make you hit the CHP office first. Never been to AAA with an outta state spec. const., so you have me on that one.Ive been by CHP for fixit tickets to be written off a few times. They seemed cool, one guy just asked me if my brake light was working now, signed it and I was gonzo. I could see the logic with the truck and trailer angle.

CHP= AAA w/ a badge, Cant Handle Police work, etc, etc. We've all heard em. Been hassled more by local cops and DMV than CHP, so they're ok in my book.

Comment

• JMFNC
                    • May 2011

It used to be a lot easier, I registered a lambretta fresh off the boat from Italy with nothing but a bill of sale I wrote myself. The most trouble I had was with a 90cc Vespa I was trying to get together real quick and the headlight hadn't come in yet. The guy was being a bitch, went crying to his superior about the headlight. I saw her practically yelling at him that if it had a seat and handlebars to shut the fuck up. DMV just wants to see something there. Don't know about CHP, never had to mess with them.

Comment

• Ansutton21
                      • May 2011

Originally posted by Huero
                      Worthless pile of shit? I stomped ass all over Bell Gardens and then the SGV, then got a G.E.D. and served 7 years Active Duty military, deployed half-way across the world away from my Family, went to night school and received an AA, left Active Duty to obtain a BS in Accounting, deployed as again a Reservist, then put in applications for 3 years to finally land a Gov't job as an Accountant working 50 hours a week.

Who the FUCK are you calling a worthless pile of shit?! What mediocre job do you show up to everyday?

Oh, I was also a certified welder, too, just in case you thought we only push pencils in our cushy jobs.
                      Take a deep breath and relax. I don't think that anyone here misconstrued his comment as disrespectful to the military.
                      When was the last time you were in the DMV? When was the last time you saw a law enforcement officer asleep in his patrol car? Have you never see Caltrans leaning on their shovels all day? When you were in the military did you never run into lazy contractors working for the government? Have you ever experienced bad customer service at the PX? Have you taken a look at Congress lately? Or the Department of Transportation?
                      Lets take our roads for example. Why are they full of pot holes? Why does my girls car drive sideways and have to be realigned once a year? Why do the wheels on my bike feel like they are about to fall off? Where is that money going? As an accountant for the government (i am curious to know where and what you do exactly) you may agree or disagree with me, but when i walk down to city hall, it looks like that money has taken form in a gaudy fountain full of little kid's pennies. Step inside and you find fancy little offices, each equipped with state of the art computers with ergonomic keyboards and a fancy little ergonomic chair for someone to sit in comfortably while they so blatantly ignore their jobs. To me that qualifies as lazy, which in turn makes one worthless.
                      You may slave your ass off day to day. If you do, i commend you. But it is widely known that government workers are generally lazy, do not care about their jobs, do not care about you, cheat the system, are rude, disrespectful and generally worthless. If not, then why does everyone think that? Its not stereotyping, its admitting that you are irritated that your tax money goes towards someones paycheck, and that same person turns around and treats you like some sort of subhuman piece of shit . Its just seeing it for what it is.
                      And since you brought the military into this, i will throw my two cents in. Keep in mind that at this time, i am not discrediting your service, or anything you accomplished during that time. I am merely speaking in a broad sense. I understand that there are members of the military who fill critical roles such as grunts, EOD techs, mechanics, some drivers (not all), avionics technicians, pilots and so on and so forth. These people, and a few like them actually earn their paychecks. However, i know for a fact, every day, all around the nation, there are hundreds if not thousands of service members sitting on their cell phones all day, complaining about how hard their lives are. While civilians think that our armed forces are out slaying dragons all day, rescuing people and punching the taliban in the dicks, they are actually crying about how they don't feel like two hours is a long enough lunch break. They sit around all day, not once doing anything that could be even remotely confused with work. The public praises them, and they act like they are entitled to some sort of special treatment, when really, they should be slapped in the mouths like the spoiled children that they are. So really when you think about it, the military as a whole is full of a bunch of lazy piece of shit people too, who just sit around sucking up a paycheck that they take for granted.
                      At the end of the day, my point, if i even have one, is to take a look around and accept things at face value.
                      And before anyone decides to run their mouth about my military rant, know this: I am a Sgt. in the United States Marine Corps, and you can suck my red white and blue dick.

Comment

• Ansutton21
                        • May 2011

?

To the original poster, why she even looking at the bike? I have never been inspected by the DMV in California, they just looked at the paperwork i gave them and signed off on it. Are they normally supposed to inspect the vehicle?

Comment

• Detale
                          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Huero
                          I've been fighting stereotypes my whole life; something's never change.

I own a Harley Davidson, too, does that make me a weekend warrior "bagger"? Hahahahahaha

Salud,

Big Huero
                          I don't succumb to the labels without meeting anyone bud, from the other thread you seem like a hell of a nice guy I'm sure I'll meet up with you soon. Cheers big ears.

Comment

• rustrocket84
                            • Aug 2009

Once again refer to my previous post. The lady at CARS in Temecula, will be able to get you through this. If you have to go to CHP, like previously mentioned have it in the back of a truck. All they care about are the numbers.

Comment

• Incrediblah
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Ansutton21
                              To the original poster, why she even looking at the bike? I have never been inspected by the DMV in California, they just looked at the paperwork i gave them and signed off on it. Are they normally supposed to inspect the vehicle?
                              I've only had to bring in bikes that were bought out of state. The others have been fine with just paperwork. Pretty sure it's specific to out of state vehicles, and the "inspection" usually just consists of them looking at the VIN #s and signing the sheet. I just happened to get some ol' cranky bitch who couldn't accept the "not actual mileage" section on the title, without seeing an odometer, as if it matters.

Ordered a cheapo $20 speedo to pry open and roll to the desired mileage. At least I can use it again later if I run into the same issues.

Thanks to all who chimed in.

Comment

• Incrediblah
                                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by rustrocket84
                                Once again refer to my previous post. The lady at CARS in Temecula, will be able to get you through this. If you have to go to CHP, like previously mentioned have it in the back of a truck. All they care about are the numbers.
                                If I get a shitty inspector again and it doesn't work, I'll definitely check them out. Thanks man.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;