Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Moto4fun
    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by vetto
    on the gasmonkey site, Aaron refers to that bike of his as a "shovelhead with a suicide shifter". cred=gone. (it just bugs me, especially from someone that "builds" bikes)
    Forgive my ignorance, but how can you tell it is not a "suicide shifter"? I also noticed the response came from ADMIN and in a number of the responses it was clear that ADMIN was not Aaron. It seems that most who know him would likely disagree with your assessment of "cred=gone".

Comment

• BillyT
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by MadRiverMoCo
      where's his shop located?
      Missed this. 2600 block of Main Street. Pretty sure it's closed up since he went back to Gas Monkey. It was a cool space, upstairs loft with a big shop underneath. I'd live there in a second.

Comment

• vetto
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Moto4fun
        Forgive my ignorance, but how can you tell it is not a "suicide shifter"? I also noticed the response came from ADMIN and in a number of the responses it was clear that ADMIN was not Aaron. It seems that most who know him would likely disagree with your assessment of "cred=gone".
        Aaron, what kind of motorcycle do you ride?

Admin June 26, 2012 at 10:23 pm
        It’s a shovel with a suicide shift, built three years ago. Love it.
        So if "Admin" was not aaron, someone should have a word with whoever is.
        I can tell he doesn't have a suicide shifter cause there aint no such thing. He jockey shifts the shovel we see on tv, but I couldn't see the clutch setup to tell if it is a "suicide clutch" or a rocker...probably the former.

I will take your word that Aaron is what he appears to be, a righeous shovel rider with mad skills and I take back my cred statement.
        Last edited by vetto; 09-17-2012, 3:57 PM.

Comment

• purerockfury
          • Mar 2011

So if "Admin" was not aaron, someone should have a word with whoever is.
          I can tell he doesn't have a suicide shifter cause there aint no such thing. He jockey shifts the shovel we see on tv, but I couldn't see the clutch setup to tell if it is a "suicide clutch" or a rocker...probably the former.

I will take your word that Aaron is what he appears to be, a righeous shovel rider with mad skills and I take back my cred statement.
          not looking to start a fight or nothing but you would really judge him on his terminology anyways? i've heard plenty of people refer to it as a suicide shift or jockey shift doesn't really matter..

i've been watching the show, it's pretty cool and NO DRAMA like the rest of the discovery's line up. honestly even that dude Richard seems pretty cool, kinda douchey but funny and they build some cool shit although i have seen them using spry cans on shit, not something you would expect from a pro shop on some of the high dollar cars too...

Comment

• vetto
            • Sep 2011

Don't get me wrong, I too like the show for the same reasons! They seem like regular dudes building a car like regular people on a real budget would!

As far as terminology, Fab Kevin did a long article about this in the Horse...the term comes from foot slipping off the clutch pedal and accidentally rocketing into an intersection or traffic...ergo, suicide clutch. Different from the stock rocker foot clutch made by the factory on hand shifted harleys.

and I ride a suicide clutch - jockey shift shovel. You are right, many people get the terminolgy wrong.

Comment

• hobart
              • Apr 2024

good show, that model a was fucking awesome. and a new one is on in 20 mins.

Comment

• krakerbill
                • May 2010

Don't get me wrong, I too like the show for the same reasons! They seem like regular dudes building a car like regular people on a real budget would!

As far as terminology, Fab Kevin did a long article about this in the Horse...the term comes from foot slipping off the clutch pedal and accidentally rocketing into an intersection or traffic...ergo, suicide clutch. Different from the stock rocker foot clutch made by the factory on hand shifted harleys.

and I ride a suicide clutch - jockey shift shovel. You are right, many people get the terminolgy wrong.
                thank u for putting that shit straight. been getting it wrong for at least 35 yrs.

Comment

• BusinessSocks
                  • Aug 2010

I was excited to see this show. Unfortunately, the "owner" cat completely turned me off with his unabashed douchebaggery. Fast N Loud - unDVR'd.

Comment

• purerockfury
                    • Mar 2011

good thing they're getting paid for the show cause he lost his ass on those cars last night...

Comment

• NHMike
                      • Apr 2024

No shit.

Originally posted by purerockfury
                      good thing they're getting paid for the show cause he lost his ass on those cars last night...
                      That Chevy fucking ruled!

Comment

• Irish1971
                        • Mar 2012

Fast&loud crew are commin to my buddys lil shop this Sunday. He has known them a long time. He says they are good folks. They are picking up a model A he is selling them for $6,500. They got some work to do on that mother. Be enteresting to see what they say they paid. On a sidenote, im leaving my chop over there so it can be on t.v. ....fame whore!

Comment

• BMG
                          • Aug 2009

Richard Rawlings looks and acts like a Vegas douchebag, now having said all that....it is a cool show cause I like the cars they are selling. I really liked the 70 Linocoln.
                          HEY, ima Vegas Douchebag and i take offense at that comment.
                          that guy is a WAY bigger dick than i am. . .

Comment

• recycler
                            • Sep 2010

I like the show but it would be killer if the owner dude never talked. Question, at what point in life do you look down at your hands and think : boy, I sure need a bunch of large silver skull rings on these fingers.

Comment

• vetto
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by BMG
                              HEY, ima Vegas Douchebag and i take offense at that comment.
                              that guy is a WAY bigger dick than i am. . .
                              Show me your rings!

Originally posted by recycler
                              I like the show but it would be killer if the owner dude never talked. Question, at what point in life do you look down at your hands and think : boy, I sure need a bunch of large silver skull rings on these fingers.
                              I think that's my problem with that guy...poster child for material happiness.

Comment

• Irish1971
                                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by recycler
                                Ha Ha! That made me giggle. its been said before but, they do all talk the same on these shows. Its like they come from the same village. I think they are reading.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;