I'll be riding interstate 10 Fl-LA, looking for road tips!

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billyolds
    • Nov 2011

I'll be riding interstate 10 Fl-LA, looking for road tips!

I'm going to be riding interstate ten from florida to la next week... any advice, yards to camp in, couches to crash on would be much appreciated.

I will be self sufficient as best I can be so by no means am I trying to leach off of anyone, but figured Id throw my plans out there. Last big trip a post on here changed the whole trip for the better, so here I am again.

Cheers
    Chad

stead of choice...
  • crush1776
    • May 2011

Extra gas for west Texas, there is very little civilization between San Antonio and El Paso. Unless you are going to stop in New Orleans, take I 12 up and around Lake Pontchartrain: I 10 through New Orleans is one of the worst stretches of highway in the country, the road is bumpy and torn up and the lanes are narrow and windy. Prepare yourself for a world of stink when you first cross into New Mexico, one of the biggest cattle ranches in the world right there. Good Luck!
    Last edited by crush1776; 11-14-2014, 4:37 PM. Reason: dislexia

Comment

• Pendulum
      • Jul 2011

If you're trying to stay on the 10, you're not gonna find much camping in AZ. Shoot me a message and I'll give you my phone number. Depending on if my landlord is up my ass or not when you're in town, I might be able to let you crash on the couch and get a shower.

Comment

• Grantman
        • Aug 2012

+10 on the I-12 to skirt around N.O., everytime I cross that damn bridge it rains. ALL THE DAMN WAY. Don't matter what time of year either. Plus unless you have a reason to go there N.O. pretty much sucks 95% of the time and the cops are dicks 100% of the time.

Comment

• billyolds
          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by crush1776
          Extra gas for west Texas, there is very little civilization between San Antonio and El Paso. Unless you are going to stop in New Orleans, take I 12 up and around Lake Pontchartrain: I 10 through New Orleans is one of the worst stretches of highway in the country, the road is bumpy and torn up and the lanes are narrow and windy. Prepare yourself for a world of stink when you first cross into New Mexico, one of the biggest cattle ranches in the world right there. Good Luck!
          I should have over 4 gallons of fuel in my two tanks with close a 200 mile range. What kind of stretch we talking about?

thanks again!

Comment

• crush1776
            • May 2011

I mean there are a few gas stations out there, just don't pass one up when you see it thinking there will be another one soon.

Comment

• billyolds
              • Nov 2011

ten four. Thanks.

Comment

• deerwesm
                • Apr 2013

dont know where you coming from in FL but im in jacksonville, I-10 cuts right through here. got a couch and tools and a stocked beer fridge if you need it.

Comment

• billyolds
                  • Nov 2011

Originally posted by deerwesm
                  dont know where you coming from in FL but im in jacksonville, I-10 cuts right through here. got a couch and tools and a stocked beer fridge if you need it.
                  im in orlando. One way ill becoming through there and one down 75. ill pm you my number. Thanks man.

Comment

• Lowlifebill
                    • May 2012

i have a couch warm shower for two and a double sided big long black dildo to share,

haha ride safe brother see ya when you get back
                    -William T Whiskey

Comment

• bhead1968
                      • Aug 2009

yes sir... the best non chopper around!...haha... ride safe man... preach the gospel out there..

Comment

• billyolds
                        • Nov 2011

7 days total and almost 3k miles. I was delayed to tornado watches in north florida for a day, a chill night in austin at a hostel and thanksgiving in phoenix with some friends.

mobile Alabama

free sleeping just into texas

houston

road into austin with these guys

thanks for the heads up on west texas, there are some 100 mile runs between gas stations

more free camping, this an abandon chevron 100 miles from el paso, tx

new mexico, the elevation, cold weather and 86 octane with ethanol made for a scary day

roads I've read about

the moment i saw the Pacific ocean.

home base for the next few weeks

got in a cage and went camping at big sur...that place!

big sur

Im currently waiting for rain to pass so i can ride up north. Poaching a hostel in sanfran for the weekend.

Then a lady friend and I will then be rolling south from there on the pch, camping our way back down to LA.
                        Last edited by billyolds; 12-03-2014, 8:19 AM.

Comment

• xllance
                          • Apr 2024

Great pics ! That tunnel in Mobile provides some awesome pipe reverb ! Be safe and keep the pics coming.

Comment

• Jessechop
                            • Jan 2012

Awesome! Love seeing this sort of stuff. One question, whats up with the no gas cap?

Comment

• xllance
                              • Apr 2024

Haha! Just noticed the milk truck ahead of you in the tunnel. I've toted many loads of moo-juice through there myself.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;