Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Down
    • Jan 2016

Been figuring out a rear brake setup. Sits quite nicely down there and tucks in good enough.
    Wanted an MC with a remote reservoir to keep it sort of incognito. No idea if this one from a Kawasaki will work with a MotoIron caliper, but it was 10 bucks shipped so no biggie if it doesn't work.

Comment

• Down
      • Jan 2016

Progress has been slow lately. Missing some important parts like oil bag, rear fender and exhaust.
      Trying to do the small stuff until I can afford to buy parts. Dog got sick, had to use my bike money on vet and medicine. The dog is priority nr. 1 right now.

I did however make this penguin enrichener knob for the carb and made a mount too.

Swapped the apehanger for drag bars, not sure how I feel about them yet. Tested the headlight I made, it's brighter than the sun. I'm really happy with how it turned out. Picture does not do it justice, just thought it looked cool.

Comment

• Down
        • Jan 2016

Made a tail light! Designed and manufactured by me with the help of my pops.
        Might do a limited run of these, I like the way it looks. Still need to come up with the actual lights to put in, but I'm getting there.

Comment

• CycleFreak
          • Jun 2011

Coming along nicely, man! Love that tail light lens.

Comment

• Clawhammercycle
            • Oct 2021

Originally posted by Down
            Made a tail light! Designed and manufactured by me with the help of my pops.
            Might do a limited run of these, I like the way it looks. Still need to come up with the actual lights to put in, but I'm getting there.

Im sure theres others out there but Prism sells cheap LED replacement bulbs for their lighrs and they are bright as hell.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
              • Oct 2016

I installed an LED panel from HiTech in my tombstone, bright as heck now. Not sure who else makes them but they are much brighter then the LED bulbs that fit into a standard 1157 socket.

Here is a write up I did when testing http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54565

Comment

• Down
                • Jan 2016

Originally posted by CycleFreak
                Coming along nicely, man! Love that tail light lens.
                Thank you! I'm really stoked on how good the lens came out, this was my second try. First one I cracked because I wasn't careful enough removing it from the build plate.

Originally posted by Clawhammercycle
                Im sure theres others out there but Prism sells cheap LED replacement bulbs for their lighrs and they are bright as hell.
                I'm in need of a panel style thing. I think that with a single bulb in the tiny little housing it's gonna look weird and not light up the whole thing. Might have found a solution, though! I'll just build my own LED light panel for it.

Originally posted by DoomBuggy
                I installed an LED panel from HiTech in my tombstone, bright as heck now. Not sure who else makes them but they are much brighter then the LED bulbs that fit into a standard 1157 socket.

Here is a write up I did when testing http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54565
                Something like that would be awesome. Yours look bright as! I'm looking around, if I can't find any ready made stuff I'll just make a few panels myself. Then I can proudly say they are completely made by me and my pops.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                  • Oct 2016

Now your talking, it should be pretty straight forward to wire one up, or if you have the inclination, an online electronics store will have the board to create your own PCB board and 12v LEDS

Please let us know what you come up with.

Comment

• StuJ66
                    • Aug 2016

Originally posted by Down
                    Okay, figured it out. I'm not even that amazed, to be honest. Guys said they had the bike running and riding before they took the motor out. I do doubt that, because this was the culprit. These 2 bolts are way too long and poke into the transmission. Stupid thing, but this had me scratching my head all night.

At work I had time to think and the only things I could think of were these 2 bolts, or the starter interfering. I ruled the starter out, because I made sure it fits nicely when I installed it.
                    I had a similar issue on my IH. There a 2 fairly long bolts holding the sprocket cover on. One is about an eighth of an inch longer than the other. Had them reversed and had the same result. Couldn't turn it over in gear. I had just been through the primary, so took a minute to figure out that I am a dumbass.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;