Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • capomorra
    • Sep 2014

Liqui moly 2009 anti friction

anyone familiar with this stuff? it's not supposed to be used in motorcycles where the clutch is lubricated with the same oil as the engine.

but let's say I have a open primary shovelhead? what's not to say I can't put this stuff in the engine and transmission?
  • JBinNC
    • Dec 2018

Knock yourself out.

In fifty years of operating machinery, I have found adequate, clean oil of the proper type to be all that is needed to make the machinery happy. If additives make you happy, so be it, but with the modern lubricants available today, the machine will probably not notice the additives. I'd save my money, but that's me.

Jim

Comment

• farmall
      • Apr 2013

^^^ What he said^^^^

If there were some secret sauce that really worked well enough to justify use then valuable (and exhaustively tested!) aviation engines would use it since any bike engine is a joke by comparison.

Oil is cheap and I change it often. Older HD top end life isn't really an oil issue, it's a not particularly well supported valve and poor heat shedding from iron jugs with coarse pitch finning issue. They'll last longer with clean oil so I change mine NLT than 3000 miles. I run oil coolers but I live in SC where it gets rather warm. You can certainly get good life without a cooler but they don't look chopulent.

Comment

• capomorra
        • Sep 2014

interesting. yeah I'm running a cooler. I got a "set" of this stuff which included oil and a engine flush (not going to use) for my older car. the oil already has the anti friction in it so now I have a bottle of the anti friction lying around. just changed the oil in the shovel less than 100 miles ago so it's still fresh. I just seem to have no use for this extra anti friction at the moment so was trying to put it to use. thanks for the thoughts

Comment

• farmall
          • Apr 2013

Moly is good for gear lubes. I'd dump it in the transmission.

Comment

• capomorra
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by farmall
            Moly is good for gear lubes. I'd dump it in the transmission.
            now we're cookin.

Comment

• 7and7is
              • Dec 2012

When I had a Honda RC51, I ran the Honda semi synthetic oil with molly (That's how it was worded on the bottle) and as you know on jap bikes the "engine" oil is the "tranny" oil, never had one issue with clutch slippage, also ran it in my Vmax no issues, I remember reading up on the subject, its basically black grease.

Comment

• waltr
                • Jul 2019

LiquiMoly is a brand name not descriptive on content. I am unfamiliar with there additive but their oil (10W60) really worked well in a Guzzi I owned. The bike ran very quiet mechanically. They are a German company.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                Working...
                ;