Originally Posted by 1ferrari
My Triumph died in the middle of a ride. Took it home, pulled the plugs, no spark. I put in new plugs...still nothing. The next day I went out and it started first kick. After 15 minutes it died again, no spark. It's not a fuel problem. The plugs are not fouling. I put new coils on it, same thing. New battery, same thing. Sooo something is getting warm and causing it to die. Has anyone had any problems with the pazon ignition? Could it be the rectifier? The head light stays bright, and the battery is fully charged when I start it. I'm assuming the battery won't lose enough charge over 15 minutes even if the rectifier isn't working to kill it. Electrical shit is my worst nightmare, I don't have the patience. Any guidence would be aws.
you need to do an "over charge" test.
disconnect the wires going into or coming from your charge unit, ether the two yellow wires or the the black and red wire, but leave the battery connected. fire up the bike and see if it runs ok. if it runs and does not shut off with the charging system disconnected then your charge unit is malfunctioning and likely over charging the Pazon unit.
over charging kills more ignitions than any other issue.
you only get so many chances with high voltage to the ignition before it is fried forever. if you have a volt meter you can test the system and if you're getting over 15 VDC you are going to kill the ignition.