CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default jockey shifter question

ive been debating the shifter thing and i think ive come up with a solution, but for the life of me i cant think of what to use to get the damn thing to work.

i was dicking around on a really big boat today, and saw this. its exactly what i need, since what i want to do is have a hand clutch on the shifter itself. the only thing i can think of to match is a dragster shifter. i know i could always hook a standard clutch lever up, to a thick ass shifter, but i feel thatd be way to big

any way, yall got any ideas where to pull this from? i couldnt figure out how to unbolt it...lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0203.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

dude, just my 2 cents, but taking off from a stop with one hand off the bars is way scarier than taking off with one foot off the ground.

Get Adobe Flash player

I have seen these done before with just a regular clutch lever on the shifter lever.

I don't think they're a great idea because you have to find the handle and clutch in panic stop.

Get Adobe Flash player

that set up just looks cheesy .i guess if its on a rigid it would be cool?? nah...a foot clutch at least looks fun ..my buddy was going to use this application also..dumb. just my 5 cents and im usually pretty open on ideas..but to each his own..

Get Adobe Flash player

i think the hand clutch on the shifter looks cool and probably feels cool doing it, but like shythed said... taking off with one hand seems a bit gnarly.

Get Adobe Flash player

astro somehow i dont think that lever i posted is cheesy, its a lever on the submarine Clamagore, lol.

i was thinking the same thing about the oh shit factor when stopping. i guess its all trade offs. i was thinking instead of being behind where you guys mostly run em, itd be kinda in front of me, almost like a tank shift, but not.

hell i dont know. its a fag bike so might as well go the fag route and have levers, fuck it! ha.

sorry for all the stupid shit. first full build.

billdozer

Totally possible. I've watched my friend Nick ride this bike through NYC traffic and all over Mexico. He said it took some getting used to at parking lot speeds, but he's sort of a badass, so it might take a little more effort for mortals. At least he doesn't have to worry about a front brake confusing things.

DSCN0399.JPG

DSCN0367.JPG

EL DIABLO RUN 2007 023.jpg

Get Adobe Flash player

I've seen some. Seems like a good idear at first blush and then things get more complicated from there. I saw a guy who wrote this up on a webpage. Here are some references. This isn't my work, so I can't vouch for anything. I think fabricating it would be the easy part....

http://www.htctech.net/~squirts/techtips.htm#jockey

Good luck

-Rev

Get Adobe Flash player

Not a fag bike.

It's a fine idea.

Do it.

If you build it, you will ride.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by deadman13 View Post
    astro somehow i dont think that lever i posted is cheesy, its a lever on the submarine Clamagore, lol.

i was thinking the same thing about the oh shit factor when stopping. i guess its all trade offs. i was thinking instead of being behind where you guys mostly run em, itd be kinda in front of me, almost like a tank shift, but not.

hell i dont know. its a fag bike so might as well go the fag route and have levers, fuck it! ha.

sorry for all the stupid shit. first full build.
    i wasnt trying to disrespect your idea..or disrespect you man..i should have chosen my words alittle better bro..

gravitywerx

do a foot clutch...i have rode both....my buddies with the lever on the shifter sucks....because you try to squeeze it and your mind wants to turn the other throttle hand too....and it is like a mind teaser....i hated it. but the foot clutch after a few good traffic lights was pretty nice.....also...i think fab kevin wrote a article on why not do it the way you want....dont know where though

Get Adobe Flash player

Ive had a suicide shift set up on my bike for a few months now. Taking off w/ one hand on the bars isn't terrible, it's the sudden stops that suck. Maneuvering around a parking lot is also tricky when you're dodging stopped cars and what not.

It's become second nature now so I don't even notice it anymore. I might look into a foot clutch if I can come up with something for mid controls.

Get Adobe Flash player

It looks like the deadman switch on my snowblower.

Get Adobe Flash player

Fuck it, it's your scoot. If your riding skills can match the dexterity required, go for it. Me not even, a stud I know runs one and has for awhile. Just a suggestion, dial it in tuff like..

Get Adobe Flash player

astro you didnt offend. ive come to the conclusion that choppers can be taken waaaaayyy too serious, which is why some threads end up in the junk pile.

im thinking jockey shifter, but the main reason not to was aesthetics,i thought it would be weird with a lever on the right but not the left...i like symmetry at times...

so i dont know. i want less junk on the bike, less to fail, so i dont want to run a proportioning valve to control all brakes by the foot, so id have to have the levers...damn it.

hell, im still trying to figure out if i want a remote M/C or not!

Get Adobe Flash player

the stock clutch/shifter configuration is as simple as it's going to get.

Get Adobe Flash player

"stock sucks", I read that in a book somewhere

Get Adobe Flash player

The clutch on the shifter always looks like it belongs on a tractor to me. The foot clutch/jockey shift setup is where its at if you don't like hand clutch/foot shift. Just takes a little getting used to.

Get Adobe Flash player

I think it looks kickass personally..

Totally different.. that green bike looks sick with it! You know your on the right path when the majority of CC hates it!

Do it!

flattrackhooligan

this is my shifter setup...

i have my foot brake from my forward controls turned backwards so it's my clutch now.

i love it!

Share This