BEWARE -Anyone deal with TAS Classic Motorsports??

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blacktopbandit
    • Aug 2010

BEWARE -Anyone deal with TAS Classic Motorsports??

Has anyone ever dealt with these guys? I bought something last year, around June and have yet to receive it. After numerous unanswered emails and phone calls i have still not gotten it. I've been told that it had been shipped on at least 5 separate occasions and yet no joy. I asked for my money back and he says well we shipped it so your loss is our loss too so we won't refund. I have come to the conclusion that i wont be getting my part, so i wanted to put this out there as a buyer beware. If it was a one off i wouldn't post this but have heard from others, after the fact, that they've had similar experiences so F*#k them.
  • Grancuda
    • Aug 2010

I had a bad dealing with them but not as bad as yours.* I bought a set of bars from them through eBay and they show it takes 4 days to get them from when I bought them, it ended up being 18 days to get them.* I contacted them several times and each time they claimed they sent them different days every time I contacted them.* I ended up filing a claim through paypal and he said he had sent them out 3 times but this time he will get a tracking number to show that I am getting them.* Who ever is on the other end that deals for them is a liar and I won't buy from them again.* I bought some stuff in the past with no problem but I won't anymore.

Comment

• mjasen10
      • Aug 2009

they're actually out of the town i live in. as far as i know its some old dude and his son that run it. i have lived hear almost my entire life and have never been/seen there "shop" i was always told growin up the guy was a hack. sorry

Comment

• Hooligans
        • Oct 2010

Did you send payment through Paypal?

Comment

• Blacktopbandit
          • Aug 2010

I did pay through Paypal, however the product i ordered was on back order which i understood because some of the other shops i tried to get the part from were also back ordered. It didn't show as back ordered when i ordered it and was only aware of it when my invoice was processed. Needless to say it was outside the 45 days when i figured something was amiss. I did speak to the son Matthew, i believe, on several occasions and was told "oh yeah i remember you, i ship the item the next day" blah blah blah. I heard almost the same thing on 5 separate occasions. Wish i had have known they were hacks before, could have saved a hundred bucks.

Comment

• Earthbender
            • Sep 2009

Dude that sux. I've been burned before and it stings like a bitch. I try to stick with the tried and true like Lowbrow. I have never waited more than a week for anything I've ordered and they always throw some extra goodies in the package. Sick the BBB on them. When my wife ships leather goods the package is rec'd in a few days. That "your package was lost in the mail" crap is crap. Good luck.

Comment

• Blacktopbandit
              • Aug 2010

Yup, i learned my lesson for sure. I have ordered parts off Lowbrow, Four Aces, BCS, CrC2, and loads of other suppliers and the most I've had to wait was 2 weeks. I have no issues sending my money to those lads because i know my stuff will arrive. Not only that but I've had questions about stuff and sent emails with replies coming back within hours. I had to vent on here about TAS because my girl won't listen to me about it and i'd hate to have someone else be duped of their hard earned dosh.

Comment

• turtle
                • Dec 2009

sounds like you need to reach out and touch someone!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Blacktopbandit
                  • Aug 2010

Originally posted by turtle
                  sounds like you need to reach out and touch someone!!!!!!!!
                  I did, i called him and spoke to him 5-6 times.

I know what you mean, and if it were an option I'd be riding through his front door and taking the part i'm owed.

After some feed back and a little more poking around it looks like they do this a bit. As suggested above the BBB may be the way to go and hopefully they can stop this from happening to others.

Comment

• rider615
                    • Jan 2011

Why don't you check out all my posts at this forum. I've had a hell of a time with them and have gotten nothing but lies from them about shipping for the last month. There's 3 pages read through it. http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=71073.25

Comment

• Blacktopbandit
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by rider615
                      Why don't you check out all my posts at this forum. I've had a hell of a time with them and have gotten nothing but lies from them about shipping for the last month. There's 3 pages read through it. http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=71073.25
                      just read through them all and added my 2cents. I cant believe these clowns are still in business. looks as though if you buy on egay through paypal and threaten to sick their dogs on them they pay up. Those fekers are in the proverbial cross hairs. Death to TAS. Not really, just really hard feelings and ill will.

Comment

• rider615
                        • Jan 2011

Yea man it was crazy, i consider myself lucky, I was so pissed that I kinda filed a paypal dispute out of anger. And dude exactly 6 mins later I get a email from paypal with a refund offer for the price of the rim, and after all the bs that he gave me this week, I called Monday and he said it would be in monday, he said UPS was going to deliver it, I call back friday he said he talked to my local hub and that USPS would be bringing it by Saturday, I called Saturday and he said it should be in route, I requested a freakin tracking number no less than 10 times, I never did get one. I did get an innertube, spokes, and candy (fireballs), but wtf am i going to do with all that without a rim, unless I can some how lace my fckin hub to the fireballs and ride them around town, AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Comment

• Blacktopbandit
                          • Aug 2010

Well ain't this a bitch.

I took Earthbenders suggestion and fired off a email to the BBB over a week ago. Low and behold the postie knocks on the door this afternoon and is holding a box for me. Wouldn't you know it my items arrived. Only took 207 days to arrive from when i ordered them. Never will I order from these pricks again and will tell anyone who asks that they are bad business.

#1 lesson learned - Check with Chop Cult, JJ, and SOHC4 for reputable suppliers before forking over my hard earned cash.

Comment

• rider615
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Blacktopbandit
                            Well ain't this a bitch.

I took Earthbenders suggestion and fired off a email to the BBB over a week ago. Low and behold the postie knocks on the door this afternoon and is holding a box for me. Wouldn't you know it my items arrived. Only took 207 days to arrive from when i ordered them. Never will I order from these pricks again and will tell anyone who asks that they are bad business.

#1 lesson learned - Check with Chop Cult, JJ, and SOHC4 for reputable suppliers before forking over my hard earned cash.
                            WOW!!!!. Well I'm glad you got your stuff, even though it took 207 days . Seems they only get on the ball after you take some kinda action.

Comment

• clingonforlife
                              • Jan 2011

I have finally reported TAS for fraud to the better business bureau of Northern India

After 4½ month of struggle with TAS Classic Motorsport over parts that I have never received but paid for, I have finally reported TAS for fraud to the better business bureau of Northern Indiana.

If you have had similar troubles with this company please do the same by contacting the better business bureau on the following address:

BBB of Northern Indiana
                              (Fort Wayne, IN)
                              4011 Parnell Avenue
                              Fort Wayne, IN 46805
                              Phone: (260)423-4433
                              Fax: (260)423-3301
                              Email: [email protected]
                              Web: http://neindiana.bbb.org/

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...