Wits end and feeling stuiped becouse of a Triumph
It's my first build and I 'm proud of it but its going to be pushed off the bench soon. It's a 71 650 single carb motor. It has points, Sparx reg/ rec, with a 12v battery wired in to run the head and taillights.
It ran fine up to a month ago. Took it out for a ride made it down the street and it died. Battery was dead and a 20-amp fuse was blown. Charged the battery and replaced the fuse, kicked the bike a few times and nothing. Fuse was blown and the next battery was dead again.
Replaced the battery, fuse and turned the ignition on all good. Turned the head light on and fuse pops. I went over all the wiring in the bucket checking connector's etc. Found some things loose and fixed.
Back to the begining, new fuse good battery, key on good, headlight and tail/ break light working. Bike still won't turn over. Replaced the spark plugs, checked the wiring again and can fing no breaks.
This leaves the stator, regulator, coils and condensers. How do you know if they're bad if the bike won't run? Could I have blown one or all of these? If testing is replaceing with new, is one more likely to go before the others?
Any thoughts would be helpful... also postes on JJ