Email Password Mobile Version / Desktop Version
Search

Thread: odd situation

Hybrid View

Default odd situation

So.. I'm working in the shop on Friday. Hear the customary bike rapppppppp out and smash sound out front.
    Run outside and a dude had hit some sand or something and highsided in traffic in front.
    Helped him out of the road... got his bike to the side and chilled out with him while the cops/ambulance came. Looked like he had a dislocated shoulder or a broken shoulder... but no concussion etc. He had good gear on.
    So the cop tells me they are going to transport him for his shoulder. So.. I offer to the guy to just put his bike in my garage so he doesn't have to deal with tow/impound. He was stoked on that.. wrote my information down (with a cop notepad and pen no less) and gave it to him along with the key.... Moved the bike in the garage.

So, at this point its been about four days and i've heard nothing from the dude? Doesn't that seem a bit strange????

when i went down i was out of it for a few days. i say just chill and wait another week

then part it out.

Quote Originally Posted by felon View Post
    when i went down i was out of it for a few days. i say just chill and wait another week

then part it out.
    Hahahaha!

Seems odd. Might have been more hurt then you thought. I'm assuming the cops know the bike is in your shop so if it was stolen it should come around. Otherwise he might figure biker helping biker. Keep an ear out. Maybe he lost your number, maybe you just got another bike.

Are we gonna see a build thread soon?

Hey man, that's my bike... I ended up on a 4 day acid binge and I'm in Arizona now. PM me for shipping info. You can cover the shipping cost too right?

Seriously though, that's cool that you helped him out. You'll hear from him soon I'm sure.

thats awesome that you helped out man karma is going to pay you 10 folds but I have to agree maybe it was something more then just his shoulder.

There's always just calling the PD and asking, hey, YOU GUYS said you were going to contact me with the Rider info and you haven't done it yet... I gave officer so and so, my info on his pad with his pen, and still I've heard nada. When are YOU going to do your job????

Four days is nothing when you cant hold your dick to pee.

Probably telling ya somethin ya already know but whatever.

If he leaves the bike for an extended time, I believe you can do a lien sale to yourself. You have proof the guy left it at your place and at least here in CA you can charge up to $40/day for a storage fee. If the dude doesn't come back for it, he essentially abandons it and you can sell it (to yourself) to pay the storage fees racked up.

Now dont fuck with your karma and do this to a guy who's just been down and needs to patch bacl up, but if you dont hear from this guy for a month or two, go for it!

Dude, that's cool that ya helped him out! Maybe he needed surgery or some shit, lost your info, had a warrant out...etc. I'd say give a day or two yet, then try to contact him through the hospital or through the cops, I'm sure they got his info.

Quote Originally Posted by twhite6868 View Post
    When you call someone JUNIOR make sure you 're older than them little buddy.DONE.
    I dont know shit about policework & not looking to jump in the middle of your guys' little pissing match, but age is irrelevant. I call guys I work with who are twice my age junior whenever they're being a douche thinking they know everything & I prove them wrong. Just sayin

Sent from my badass mobile communicator thingy

Quote Originally Posted by interstatejoe View Post
    I dont know shit about policework & not looking to jump in the middle of your guys' little pissing match, but age is irrelevant. I call guys I work with who are twice my age junior whenever they're being a douche thinking they know everything & I prove them wrong. Just sayin

Sent from my badass mobile communicator thingy
    Nailed it

Left the guy a voicemail again today.... still nothing.

I appreciate you guys expressing your opinion but it kinda goes against what this stuff is about... helping out the next guy.. Maybe mellow out a bit? Dunno. Just seems counter productive.

... left the second voicemail Friday... nothing from the guy yet.

Share This