PDA

View Full Version : help.....headlight just stopped working

junkyard2
09-28-2009, 9:05 PM
i know what your thinking...maybe..anywho headlight was working fine a week ago..then i took the rear turns off and now no headlight,.i hooked the headlight up to the batt. and its working so cant be bad..any help would be fucking cool.....oh i guess i should say its a 1978 kawasaki kz650..

jake
09-29-2009, 12:35 AM
check your wiring. it could need that connection for the rest of the lights to complete the circuit. think of it kinda like xmas lights. you pull one in the middle, and the rest dont work. rewire the headlight independently. that should help.

lobstermobster
09-29-2009, 1:00 PM
I'd have to agree with Jake with that one.

Also if there is some way to check your switches, my whole light/turn control panel thingy on the left side handle bar went out on my kz. blinkers would come on oposite of what I switched on and all kinds of stuff. Wiring was good but that control panel thingy was bad.

junkyard2
09-29-2009, 11:17 PM
ok guys i fixed it..i wasnt getting any hot to the headlight plug had two of them so i tried both and nothing...so i checked the ass end of things....everything fine....so after pissing and moaning and cussing....i just found a hot wire hooked the headlight up to it and bam its working now so fuck it...thanks for the info