PDA

View Full Version : Clubman bars for 67 Triumph

Rickithedude
09-28-2009, 7:52 PM
I'm currently working on making my 67 TR6 into a cafe racer, one of the many problems I'm having is finding handle bar clamps that will allow me to put Clubman bars on it. I have Pclamps now and I'm not able to run them through. Any Suggestions? or Does anyone know where I can get different clamps.

TemeculaTerry
09-28-2009, 8:42 PM
Lets see the top of the triple clamp - I dont see how this could be a problem...

billdozer
09-28-2009, 11:45 PM
Clean cut in the center of the bar, slide p-clamps on, reweld? Do it out of stainless and just polish over the weld, or steel and repaint black?

NITRO
09-29-2009, 8:56 AM
Bill thats just what I had to do. I thought it was easier than extensive tree mods. Whats more chopper than even choppin your bars? hahaha

KT
09-29-2009, 12:57 PM
I'm taken it you have the P clamp that was the same as 73 ...On my 73 I found a set of 1 - 2 inch risers that had the allens in them and tops like normal risers that come off allowing you to just set the bars in ...Then drilled out the rubber bushing in the top tree to except the bolt from underneath the tree into the risers like these do .......http://lowbrowcustoms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=473

Whole process took like 15 minutes easy =) good luck...

Scooterhead
09-30-2009, 2:08 AM
Or go to the wreckers and find a suitable set of 7/8 (22mm) risers that have top and bottom clamp sections and adapt to suit. Least thats what I did anyway.

TRUMPNUT
09-30-2009, 7:27 PM
Here's a stupid one . ...... Since you are building a cafe then run CLIPONS not the half assed clubmans

KT
09-30-2009, 8:50 PM
Here's a stupid one . ...... Since you are building a cafe then run CLIPONS not the half assed clubmans

There ya go problem solved I didnt even think about it good looking out TRUMP

Rickithedude
10-01-2009, 8:57 AM
Yeah I thought about that, will I have a problem with the clip ons hitting the tank?

TRUMPNUT
10-02-2009, 7:21 PM
Yeah I thought about that, will I have a problem with the clip ons hitting the tank?

Well since they clamp to the tubes then all you have to do is set your front end to the stearing stop then tighten the clip on with a little clearance .

Back in my old Cafe Racer Days we all ran clubmans first then once we got tierd of the hocky look and our fingers getting pinched we would just pay the $100.00 bucks or so and get the right clip ons .

If you are inerested I have a set of German made TELE FLEX clip ons ( also known as ACE clip ons ) They have to be shimmed for a triumph but they are ERA style completely adjustable for drop and angle .