PDA

View Full Version : Pointless rant

rustrocket84
09-28-2009, 7:16 PM
So I just ran down to the local liquor store to buy a 12 pack. While I was in there waiting to pay I watched this lady buy 100 dollars worth of lottery and lotto tickets. Then as I'm leaving she's trying to push start her car. I ask her if she needs a jump, and she says no that it won't work. So I go get my tool bag out of wife's car and find that it is her starter soleniod. I get the car started for her when she tells me it's been going on for a few months. What I can't grasp is that she just bought 100 dollars worth of lottery shit, when without a doubt she could have gotten an entirely new started and had it installed for just a few weeks worth of lottery playing. I will never understand some people's logic, ever. And I don't think I want to either

mjasen10
09-28-2009, 7:29 PM
ya man thats pretty fucked up. u wanna feel bad for some people untill you realize its their fault they're in the shitty position they're in

BullDog
09-28-2009, 8:29 PM
I'll bet you that $100 that if you called her on it........it would be somebody else's fault entirely. Man, anymore people just have their priorities all fucked up!

KT
09-28-2009, 9:07 PM
Ignorance would breed itself out if we would let it ... I have always thought when you see someone that is about to do something really stupid . You shoudl stop them and give them some advice , but I am beginning to think that maybe you just delay the inevitable.....

I try to learn from others and from my own mistakes .... I know I make plenty of mistakes heheh but I think intelligence is being able to see the error of your ways and accept that your way is maybe not the only way nor the right way.....

Like the woman I seen had a bumper sticker that said a MADD a drunk driver killed my daughter but yet had a small kid couldnt been more than five jumping from the back seat to the front going down I 270 in columbus doing about 70mphs....If she lost her daughter to a stupid accident and careless actions then why is she still being thoughtless and doing stupid dangerous actions?

Guess you cant fix stupid thought it was ugly you couldnt fix , now we have DR 90210 ...so ill be damn I was wrong lol

joshb
09-28-2009, 9:17 PM
a lucky solenoid won't buy her a quintuple wide mobile home and a solid gold john deere tractor

rustrocket84
09-28-2009, 9:42 PM
It sucks because I always try to help people out and not just walk away and I know just about everyone except the 1-2% who are rich and always will be are hurting right now. I know I'm lucky with my job and stability, I've taken a 15% pay cut, but I'm still working so I ain't complaining. But I wonder if people like this lady will ever figure it out.

northeasteric
09-28-2009, 9:50 PM
she obviously has an addiction. lotto tickets to her are probably the equivalent to beer and cronic to me.

lobstermobster
09-28-2009, 10:05 PM
she obviously has an addiction. lotto tickets to her are probably the equivalent to beer and cronic to me.

lotto is def addicting. I cant say I have even had 100 bucks to even spend on it. But even the little I do spend on it I know is a waste. But you are just holding on to that one "what if..." and then after you scratch that ticket or they call the numbers, it is still just a dream.

FlashMotorWorks
09-28-2009, 10:15 PM
a lucky solenoid won't buy her a quintuple wide mobile home and a solid gold john deere tractor

holy shit.....i like that one

mabee she was playin the lottery real hard to buy a new car.......and thought" fuck it i can push start my car for a few months...just until i win".

its cool that you even tryed to help someone like that.......i must be a dick because if i saw her buy all those tickets, and then go out to a broke down car. i probly would of left her dumb ass alone.

i go out of my way to help people that i know realy need it. she probly needed to have her face slaped for being a dumb ass. hope she doesnt have chillin's to feed at home. if they gotta wait on the lotery there fucked.

JohnnyWolf
09-28-2009, 10:27 PM

Exactly what I was going to say.

I had a band mate that was addicted to on-line poker. Several times we caught him pinchin' the band "nut" to play. Needless to say I took over the band finances.

I'm happy to say he's no longer doing that non-sense, only hosts poker night at his house twice a month.

ChoppyGee
09-29-2009, 12:27 AM
I was up at the DMV the other day getting my sickle license (finally haha) and the DMV is in the same building as a bunch of other state services I walked in and my neighbor was throwing a full out fit that they wouldn't give her more food vouchers for the month. The night before I saw her with a bag of bud that would get everyone on CC fucked for a week I don't smoke so I really don't know what it would be worth but a shitton i'm sure. after she threw a fit she walked out and got into her new Duramax.....

onigoroshi
09-29-2009, 1:34 AM
I was up at the DMV the other day getting my sickle license (finally haha) and the DMV is in the same building as a bunch of other state services I walked in and my neighbor was throwing a full out fit that they wouldn't give her more food vouchers for the month. The night before I saw her with a bag of bud that would get everyone on CC fucked for a week I don't smoke so I really don't know what it would be worth but a shitton i'm sure. after she threw a fit she walked out and got into her new Duramax.....

sounds like she had the munchies

HardLuckDesigns
09-29-2009, 5:04 AM
A small % of people in line at liquor stores make educated decisions.

NITRO
09-29-2009, 8:53 AM
Ever hear lotto is a tax for stupid people? hahaha

Spoke
09-29-2009, 9:59 AM
I guess if everyone was logical with their money, they would have plenty of money in the bank and no toys in the garage. I would like to buy a new lawnmower and get rid of the smoking piece of shit that I have, but then I would not be able to get the new tires for my Bonnie.

GrayMitchell
09-29-2009, 10:13 AM
i love the lottery. In SC, the money from the lotto goes to education. lotto tickets paid my college tuition!

shop102
09-29-2009, 10:49 AM
i am with most people on the thread. i'll help out all people just because its how i was raised. Rev. Run said it the best "God gives to the givers, and takes from the takers"

Gent
09-29-2009, 11:37 AM
I was up at the DMV the other day getting my sickle license (finally haha) and the DMV is in the same building as a bunch of other state services I walked in and my neighbor was throwing a full out fit that they wouldn't give her more food vouchers for the month. The night before I saw her with a bag of bud that would get everyone on CC fucked for a week I don't smoke so I really don't know what it would be worth but a shitton i'm sure. after she threw a fit she walked out and got into her new Duramax.....I used to work at a Grocery Store, and this was when I was 20 years old and had a baby and a wife at home. We were broke and I was making like $9/hour bagging groceries and stocking produce. Almost nightly there were people that would come into my line with two huge carts full of junk and they would be paying with food stamps. Only in CA they no longer do food stamps they give you a cool little credit card so you don't have to be embarrassed about using food stamps (total BS imo).

Anyway these people would sit in line for a good 20 minutes and have to put half of their shit back because they didn't have enough on their card to get all of it. And I would have to put that shit back at the end of the night. Then they would ask me to help them out to their car, because their 5 able bodied kids couldn't be bothered to put their gd groceries in the trunk. We get out the the car and it would usually be an escalade or a lexus.

All the while I'm 20 years old working my ass off at all hours so that I don't have to use food stamps and I drive a fuggin 89 toyota cressida at the time. Fuckin low lifes.

I think you should be embarrassed to be on food stamps, that a bell should go off when they get in line, so that they try to get off of them.

rusjack
09-29-2009, 12:08 PM
i love the lottery. In SC, the money from the lotto goes to education. lotto tickets paid my college tuition!

Really? Thats amazing. I've never heard that, but quite a few of my friends here in Canada are working for student unions trying to put a cap on insane rises in tuition prices (to no avail)

2 years of education here sets you back at least 11 grand now

MsHeather
09-29-2009, 12:17 PM
I guess if everyone was logical with their money, they would have plenty of money in the bank and no toys in the garage. I would like to buy a new lawnmower and get rid of the smoking piece of shit that I have, but then I would not be able to get the new tires for my Bonnie.

See I'm with you. We all make stupid choices.

I REALLY need new tires on my car. Instead I'm going to Barber next weekend.
My priorities are seriously fucked sometimes. But if they weren't- life would get in the way of living.

Scraper
09-29-2009, 1:01 PM
heard about an old friend that was pretty fucked up from a bad back surgery, him & his chick were outta work & they just had a baby - all right before xmas. went over his tiny shitty pad & was surprised to see a flat panel TV & Xbox360. Either way, felt bad for the dude & rounded up a bunch of old friends to chip in & got him a Wal Mart gift card for a couple hundred bux so at least his kid could have xmas & they could get food, clothes, whatever... found out that he took the card & bought a PS3 with it.

made me feel like a fucking chump... never again.

rustrocket84
09-29-2009, 2:06 PM
The CA lottery is supposed to fund schools, but it's total bullshit. Schools got nailed with budget cuts and I know the feeling seeing people food stamps, broke as shit, with flat screens every channel available on cable. I'm a firefighter in SoCal and work in a lower income area, and some of the shit I see just defies all logic. I spend money on shit I shouldn't also, but never take it away from my family. I wear old clothes, because I don't care about that, and when I do get new clothes it's usually something free someone gave me.

Gent
09-29-2009, 2:49 PM
Lottery money should go to education and other things.

For example, a good friend of mine served in the marines for more than one term. Was in Iraq on 4 separate occasions. He came home and was honerably discharged. Wrecked his sportbike and nearly died. He has $100,000 + in medical bills. Non of which the government will help him out with apparently.

I told him to file BK because there's no way he'll pay that off.

hugodv01
09-29-2009, 3:20 PM
I used to work at a Grocery Store, and this was when I was 20 years old and had a baby and a wife at home. We were broke and I was making like $9/hour bagging groceries and stocking produce. Almost nightly there were people that would come into my line with two huge carts full of junk and they would be paying with food stamps. Only in CA they no longer do food stamps they give you a cool little credit card so you don't have to be embarrassed about using food stamps (total BS imo).

Anyway these people would sit in line for a good 20 minutes and have to put half of their shit back because they didn't have enough on their card to get all of it. And I would have to put that shit back at the end of the night. Then they would ask me to help them out to their car, because their 5 able bodied kids couldn't be bothered to put their gd groceries in the trunk. We get out the the car and it would usually be an escalade or a lexus.

All the while I'm 20 years old working my ass off at all hours so that I don't have to use food stamps and I drive a fuggin 89 toyota cressida at the time. Fuckin low lifes.

I think you should be embarrassed to be on food stamps, that a bell should go off when they get in line, so that they try to get off of them.

Aw man, I seen shit like this. Walking out behind some lady who just paid in food stamps who jumps into a brand fckn spankin new beemer! Then shoots me the evil eye cause i had the "wtf" look on my face!

oildevil13
09-29-2009, 7:46 PM
.... if you called her on it........it would be somebody else's fault entirely. Man, anymore people just have their priorities all fucked up!

this sums up my entire weekend, and especially the afternoon

BullDog
09-29-2009, 8:17 PM
Damn devil...aren't you about due for a 'good' weekend???

oildevil13
09-29-2009, 9:51 PM
Damn devil...aren't you about due for a 'good' weekend???

You would think, guess not though. Life comes at you fast sometimes. Gathering my gear now. After todays little scuffle, Im going to clear out for a minute .... me and the 5speed. Might change my luck.

Aw man, I seen shit like this. Walking out behind some lady who just paid in food stamps who jumps into a brand fckn spankin new beemer! Then shoots me the evil eye cause i had the "wtf" look on my face!

Was in the express lane at the store earlier, holding fish sticks and tater tots, and some lady had a cart full of bullshit... paid with food stamps, and cash (for the beer) AND was cashing in her WIC vouchers, and had a third party check or something... needed a managers approval... I wanted to smack her in the back of the head with my now defrosted fish sticks. People dont fucking think anymore... or they think that you owe them something cause they're disadvantaged. Honestly Id bet she was driving an Escalade on rims. Almost positive she was. I got a 96 chebby pick up on rusty stock wheels, Ive replaced the tranny twice, and rebuilt the motor once. I have no job, I guess Im disadvantaged too.... fuck. Cool... Hey everybody.... send me a dollar.

boogieman
09-30-2009, 12:43 PM
The thing about food stamps/welfare/whatever is, it's great for people who need it, between jobs, have kids, injured or the like. They are the people who are embarrassed to get them, and as soon as they can they get back to work. Then you have the leaches.

I am all for helping someone in need, but if you are a lazy fuck, or spend your cash on unnecessary stuff while my tax dollars are paying the bill, thats where we should draw the line.

I think, you should have to get a pre-made box of food stuff or something.

I know a guy on all sorts of government programs, he smokes 3 packs of marlboro's a day. I have nothing against smokers, but with someone on welfare thats fucking $15 a day wasted, or $105 a week... that would buy a lot of food...

ChoppyGee
09-30-2009, 8:16 PM
The thing about food stamps/welfare/whatever is, it's great for people who need it, between jobs, have kids, injured or the like. They are the people who are embarrassed to get them, and as soon as they can they get back to work. Then you have the leaches.

I am all for helping someone in need, but if you are a lazy fuck, or spend your cash on unnecessary stuff while my tax dollars are paying the bill, thats where we should draw the line.

I think, you should have to get a pre-made box of food stuff or something.

I know a guy on all sorts of government programs, he smokes 3 packs of marlboro's a day. I have nothing against smokers, but with someone on welfare thats fucking $15 a day wasted, or $105 a week... that would buy a lot of food...I worked at a store for awhile and you'd see tons of people getting food with government programs and then MULTIPLE cartons of cowboy killers or whatever the prefered smoke maybe. 100 bucks a week is more than I spend on food thats for damn sure.

Scraper, thats pretty fucked man i say you and your homies should take that PS3 for yourselves.