PDA

View Full Version : biltwell keystone bars

blue2
09-27-2009, 9:32 AM
i picked up some biltwell keystones yesterday at the cycle zombies skate jam.i got the ones dimple for stock controls,does anyone have these bars with stock controls? i mocked them up yesterday and i seems as if i have to get extensions on all of my lines and wiring. chris at biltwell said they are made so that i wont have change out my lines.i may be just trippin but i dont want to rip everything apart then figure out i gotta switch it all up.any help would be awsome

RockinRyan
09-27-2009, 1:12 PM
my buddy mike has them on his Iron. The only thing he had to change was the brake line. (He switched it with one from a nightster, which is slightly longer.)

blue2
09-27-2009, 3:07 PM
thanks rockin ryan! im gonna get a longer brake line and longer wires i wanna run em internally

blacksheep
11-02-2009, 2:29 PM
i had keystones, that i internally wired ,before they had the dimpled ones available, on my old nightster.. i didnt extend any of the wires, or change brake lines.

Halwade
11-02-2009, 2:52 PM
LIne length can change not only from model year to model yr., but from production runs on the same bike in the same model year. We try to do our best fitment testing with the bikes at our disposal, but sometimes an anomoly occurs.

My suggestion: clean up how your cables and wires are routed as much as possible. The factory isn't known for its clean routing, and you might gain an extra inch here and there.

Good luck.

McGoo

REV
11-02-2009, 5:50 PM
whenever i did my tank lift i found a bit of extra wiring length, so maybe go that similar route and see how much you can get. hell, ill take those bars off ya hands if you dont want em/

Nate883
11-02-2009, 6:03 PM
i have the non dimpled ones on my 01 sporty custom with the short risers from harley and i have plenty of length enough that i have to shorten the wires to clean it up.

blue2
11-03-2009, 9:42 PM
hey everyone i got em on now i did have to extend the wires, brake and clutch cables but it all worked out great! i was a bitch gettin those wires through those angles internally but they look so clean now so the extra time spent drilling and pulling worked out ill try and get pics up soon

TheDemon
11-03-2009, 11:25 PM
LIne length can change not only from model year to model yr., but from production runs on the same bike in the same model year. We try to do our best fitment testing with the bikes at our disposal, but sometimes an anomoly occurs.

My suggestion: clean up how your cables and wires are routed as much as possible. The factory isn't known for its clean routing, and you might gain an extra inch here and there.

Good luck.

McGoo

+1, I have put keystones on 5 different bikes 3 sportys (Low, Standard, and Custom), 1 yamaha vstar 650, and a Honda shadow spirit. We didn't have to extend any of the lines or wires. You did mean keystones and not friscos right? Because the keystones are pretty low bars.

blue2
11-04-2009, 1:07 AM
yeah keystones! i have an 03 883 custom came stock with drag bars so yea i had to extend the wires. im sure with the bars on other stock bikes the wires would be ok.i was short about 3 inches on both sides especially since i was internally wiring them