PDA

View Full Version : New to the Cult? Intros Go Here...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]

Gonzozuki
06-03-2018, 1:17 PM
Long time lurker, living in vegas, figured I'd post some pics of my first build. Picked up an 86 savage a few months ago , been chopping what I can on the weekends as it's my only transportation. Future plans include some 4+ forks and a koffin tank84442when I first got her compared to current

nozarisisi
06-04-2018, 8:48 PM
What up yall!

mikeathley
06-05-2018, 7:56 PM
Name is Mike, riding in Texas. Was doing the club thing, independent now. Rides are fatboy and road king. Project is a 2004 Victory V92C that was lying in an impound yard for a while after the owner lost it during a police chase. Hoping to make a single seat bobber with it.

TriNortchopz
06-06-2018, 12:01 AM
I never looked too close at Victory...until now:
http://www.victorymotorcycles.com/en-ca/our-story

admenk
06-06-2018, 12:57 AM
Hi, Adam here, currently living in New Zealand. Been riding my trusted old Yam FJ1100 chop for years and am just about to start on an XS750 chop.

daniele1983
06-08-2018, 2:43 AM
hi! my name is Daniele. my bike is a '09 1200 sportster custom, that I can't wait to heavily chopperise!!

Turtleheadjoe
06-09-2018, 3:32 PM
Hey, I'm Joe. I'm drinking a beer right now and don't want to dick with altering a file so I'll get around to having a picture eventually.
I've owned sportsters, dynas, built a chop, a shovel, a bagger, got divorced and now I'm back to a sportster. It's complete garbage, I love it.
I'm near Omaha and don't want to be a prick but most Harley guys aren't the type I want to be around. I worked as a tech at Holsteins for years and I just got tired of clown puke paintjobs, kuryakyn junk, and folding t-shirts in the winter.
Anyway, howdy. If you see me on the road I'm not waving at you, we don't drive jeeps.

WRMorrison
06-13-2018, 10:03 AM
Men wear clothes, not outfits...

-WRM

Rootcellar
06-24-2018, 5:29 PM
Dunno if this is being done correctly but ima give it a shot anyways. Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Shawn and I am writing this from a small town called Hudson, just outside of Montreal,Quebec.
Been rising and wrenching for a few years now mostly on Honda's and Yamahas. Bought a little triumph Daytona at the beginning of the summer and just picked up an '83 wide glide, which will be my daily driver as of Thursday of this week (was sitting for 5 years in a heated garage and needed a little work to be road worthy). Excited to be apart of this thing....talk soon

DavidConwill
06-26-2018, 2:20 PM
Contemplating getting a motorcycle in the near future. I like old (‘20s-‘40s) stuff, but most bikes from that era are beyond my means. I’m contemplating finding a pre-’06 Royal Enfield to ride the back roads to and from work. I’ve also toyed with the idea of building a Buell Blast styled like a Harley Peashooter or the Woolery Bullet. Anywho, see you around.

AgentOrange1
06-26-2018, 3:31 PM
daily rider a 78 XLCR with electronic ignition (keep the points and condenser on the bike just in case). got a few projects in the works and your help would be appreciated.... how to i put up a new post?

ClamStamp
06-27-2018, 12:07 PM
Hey, ChopCult. I'm a South-West Florida girl, and I'm new - to everything. I'm here looking to learn and find some help on questions along the way. I really don't know anything about bikes, but I guess I'm going to build one.

I just got a 1200 Evo Sportster engine/transmission that has been sitting and thought I'd get started. Now, to figure out where to start.

-TheClamStamp

tobor
06-28-2018, 8:20 PM
Hello all, new old guy here! Buying a 650SX and I'm pumped! I'm a old fuck and want to build a chopper ..........I want a hard tail what is the best route to go please give your input please! I want to do this bike all by myself, build,paint and I do pinstriping so this is going to be my buisness card! Thanks all!

dixenorums
06-29-2018, 11:50 PM
Hey all, from Arizona, just got back from born free and don't know shit about choppers much more than the difference between a shoveled and a knucklehead.But I'm looking to learn and for some knowledge and people to show me the ropes. Thanks

jwniles
07-02-2018, 3:02 PM
Just wanted to introduce myself. Im in SF bay area (San Rafael). I've owned a bunch of bikes over last 25+ years, too many to list and some I'd rather not admit to owning. I'm now elbow deep in a 97 xl1200 project. I ride daily and still race vintage offroad as well. Spent many years racing all kinds of shit in and around northern cal. Always up to ride if anyone is in the area. Ive been creeping on the forum for a while, taken my share of free info, hopefully I can help here and there to return the favors. Then again I'll probably do more harm than good, so watch out.

Anyway ...I like listening to john tesh, sipping chilled chardonnay, wearing pastel cardigan sweaters, and collecting souvenir spoons ...

Joe

ShovelheadB
07-04-2018, 2:58 PM
Hello, Name is Brandon. Living in Northern California but headed back to florida in a few weeks. Getting ready to start my first build. I have a rebuilt shovelhead motor that will be going in a Indian Larry frame, with a old 4 speed ratchet top transmission. I have a lot of parts, tank, belt drive, triple trees, risers and random shit. Hope to start the build soon.

Jasonaldean
07-05-2018, 1:48 PM
Hi,
This is Jason. I am new here.

Chopaviator
07-12-2018, 10:03 AM
Hi, chopcult. I'm Patrick from Asheville, NC but currently stationed at Ft Campbell, KY. Just bought this 2000 Sporty and looking for build inspiration.85570

hashbrown68
07-13-2018, 4:28 PM
Hi, I'm Hash from Southwest Missouri. These are photos I took yesterday of my scooter at the creek.

883Low
08-01-2018, 5:32 AM
Hi, i'm Luca from Italy.
my bike is a Sportster 883 Low 2007.

shortyscov
08-01-2018, 6:43 PM
Hey, just signed in. Looking for some info, meet up with like minded ideas, and inspiration. Got an 81 cb750c to chop. Anybody know which Goldwing front end will bolt onto this thing. I'm in the O.N.E, btown, VT. No shop, so looking for a work space as well. keep the rubber side down.

jayclone
08-04-2018, 9:10 AM
New to the site. Great info on here. 97 sportster. From saint john new brunswick Canada86242

Lia
08-10-2018, 9:51 AM
Hey there,

New girl from Seattle here, just signed up. I'm interested in all sorts of custom bikes, though I started out as mostly a rabid cafe racer fan. I've ended up very enamored with Harleys, mostly because of the great low end torque that works so well with most of my riding.

So far I've only done bolt-on mods, with the exception of bobbing fenders and reshaping seat foam, but I'm about to start learning to weld and want to gradually work my way into more advanced stuff.

My profile photo is my Plum Crazy Purple '88 Sportster, though I was tempted to keep the default cute pony that was supposed to be embarrassing lol. The bike started as a cafe project, but I've left it as more of a standard for now ... it rides so well as is, but I still may add rearsets and Clubman bars one of these days ...

Tattooo
08-10-2018, 10:31 AM
Lia welcome.... Nice looking bike and keep it like it is and enjoy riding it and not working on it.... If you want something to work on buy another bike that needs help when you can afford it and have one to ride and one to build...

Ride safe...

Lia
08-10-2018, 6:41 PM
Thanks, Tattoo! :)

Gagerhodes
08-10-2018, 10:54 PM
New to the cult, from the Annapolis, MD area. Daily rider is a '98 Fatboy, trying to sell my '00 Sportster 1200, and working on making my CB750 chopper do more than kill grass in my yard. I'm also trying to build my own bike from the ground up some time in the near future.

Thanks for having me!

Mike99
08-11-2018, 8:19 AM
Hi everyone the name is mike and from Miami, Fl. I ride a 1999 XL 883C that is due to get a 1200 kit and some frame work in the future. For now just some simple bolt ons and removal of parts.
Looking foward to making new friends and helpful tips from the cult.. Thanks and talk with you all later

Draconus678
08-18-2018, 6:10 PM
What's good Everyone, my name is Will im, from Northern Virginia, and i ride Harleys. ive currently got a 1975 Ironhead though im trying to move back up into a Dyna or softail. im a mechanic at a dodge dealership and my dad owns a Custom Bike shop by the Name of Custom Cycle studio that i work at in most of my free time. if you local to my area feel freeto hit me up to go riding or if youre having issues with your bike. im always down to throw down

Draconus678
08-18-2018, 6:12 PM
bike looks sick dude

Jasonaldean
08-20-2018, 12:23 PM
Hy, this is jason i am new here from New York City NY USA.

JesseF
09-03-2018, 2:35 PM
Hello again, this time from Louisville kentucky.
I'm jesse, I hadan old account here when I livedin vermont, but haven't the faintest idea what any of my old log in info would be.

Some might remember my 73 ironhead here's a before and after.
It's currently back on the lift for a final chop.

My current project is a 2000 883, I've just done a simple clean upon it so far (so I wouldn't miss this riding season) but I have bigger plans for it this winter.
Before
After

I also like to play with cars, here's a Ford LTD I built a a 460 for and put hydraulics in

My current project car is a Lexus LS430

I'm mostly joining here again to get connected with other chopper people in my area, and find out about rides and events around here.

CoffeeAchiever
09-08-2018, 6:28 PM
Hello ChopCult. My name is Steve and I'm from Phoenix, Arizona. I recently acquired a 1984 Softail that I'm rebuilding with the help of my riding friends. I've got the oldest Harley in our group and I'm looking forward to getting her long-distance capable again.8714487146

12w3e4r
09-12-2018, 3:30 PM
As for the goofy ass name I use here, I first tried to get a name with rebel in it, I use that at other forums, but this forum wouldn't give it up, I tried like six variations of rebel names, finally I said fuck it, and I jammed on the keys up in the left corner, check it out, 12w3e4r, those keys are all right together.

butchcassidy121
09-19-2018, 1:24 PM
Good day!

Butch Cassidy from MN. I've been browsing through the site the last month or so admiring all the builds and extensive knowledge on here.

I've been riding motorcycle for approximately 14 years and been to 24 states. I love to ride and still remember the first Harley I rode. Late 90s skinny tank Sportster with drag bars and drag pipes. I got goose bumps when I started it and putzed around the block.

salveson
09-24-2018, 9:27 PM
Hallo! Just picked up this survivor... no idea on the condition of the engine. It's a "Milwaukee Crippler" 1964 XLCH. Hasn't been ridden in 15 years, and there's evidence of recent repairs. Not holding my breath, however -- the new rear tire is on backwards, and the front wheel has a number of spokes that are slightly too long to seat properly in the spool hub. Whatever, it's a crazy relic of days gone by, and it'll ride again looking just like it does, with 40 years of battle scars.

Hoghead
09-25-2018, 5:53 AM
Hallo! Just picked up this survivor... no idea on the condition of the engine. It's a "Milwaukee Crippler" 1964 XLCH. Hasn't been ridden in 15 years, and there's evidence of recent repairs. Not holding my breath, however -- the new rear tire is on backwards, and the front wheel has a number of spokes that are slightly too long to seat properly in the spool hub. Whatever, it's a crazy relic of days gone by, and it'll ride again looking just like it does, with 40 years of battle scars.

Welcome! That's a rad old ride.

TriNortchopz
09-25-2018, 7:21 AM
Welcome! That's a rad old ride.

+1, how about starting a (re)build thread...

Diogenes415
09-25-2018, 8:51 AM
Greetings Folks!

I've been lurking for a while and decided to finally join. I've been riding for 40 years, covered well over 500,000 miles on dozens of bikes during that time, used to build my hard tails and vintage road race bikes from the ground up and will be simplifying and hard tailing my 2000 XL1200C this winter. It's so good to find like-minded people who feel that sweat-equity offers more satisfaction than opening a wallet when customizing a bike.

theworst
09-25-2018, 2:50 PM
Hello again, this time from Louisville kentucky.
I'm jesse, I hadan old account here when I livedin vermont, but haven't the faintest idea what any of my old log in info would be.

Some might remember my 73 ironhead here's a before and after.
It's currently back on the lift for a final chop.

My current project is a 2000 883, I've just done a simple clean upon it so far (so I wouldn't miss this riding season) but I have bigger plans for it this winter.
Before
After

I also like to play with cars, here's a Ford LTD I built a a 460 for and put hydraulics in

My current project car is a Lexus LS430

I'm mostly joining here again to get connected with other chopper people in my area, and find out about rides and events around here.

Hey Jesse,

Gus from Santa Barbara CA, Just got myself the same exact 883. Im brand new to riding. so glad I saw your post. if you have any pointers send them my way brother.

theworst
09-25-2018, 2:53 PM
New to the site. Great info on here. 97 sportster. From saint john new brunswick Canada86242

Hey Jaycloine, I like this look a lot. What tank is this?

hillcat
09-25-2018, 3:26 PM
As for the goofy ass name I use here, I first tried to get a name with rebel in it, I use that at other forums, but this forum wouldn't give it up, I tried like six variations of rebel names, finally I said fuck it, and I jammed on the keys up in the left corner, check it out, 12w3e4r, those keys are all right together.

Anything else you want to tell people about your previous account here?

chopprs
10-10-2018, 5:54 AM
So they told me to come here. It is a kewl place they said...I guess they were right.
Here are some pics of my junk...

https://i.postimg.cc/ht1kmVZV/DSC_0118.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

https://i.postimg.cc/4y0MJ5dT/WP_20180524_16_42_03_Pro_3.jpg (https://postimg.cc/64dzcCnH)

https://i.postimg.cc/7hJ9Nyxp/DSC_0115.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Dougtheinternetannoyance123
10-10-2018, 12:28 PM
So they told me to come here. It is a kewl place they said...I guess they were right.
Here are some pics of my junk...

Those are some sweet rides, I especially like the Evo and Pan

chopprs
10-10-2018, 4:28 PM
Those are some sweet rides, I especially like the Evo and Pan

...why thank you sir! :)

Dinsterzz
10-18-2018, 5:53 AM
Hi all!
Dennis from belgium
Been riding bikes for quite a while now.
Recently started transforming my fzr600,
But a week ago picked up a virago xv250(yes i know...) and thought id share my project with you!

BuddhahoodVato
10-18-2018, 7:27 AM
Hi all!
Dennis from belgium
Been riding bikes for quite a while now.
Recently started transforming my fzr600,
But a week ago picked up a virago xv250(yes i know...) and thought id share my project with you!

Welcome, be ready for some interesting perspectives.

sell4bids
10-25-2018, 3:50 AM
Changed up the name, but its the old Bugles from 'over there'. Thanks for having me...

Twindallas
10-27-2018, 9:15 AM
Hello from Texas! I've been chopping bikes up for many years now, and I just wanted to get involved with other folks who share the same disease. Look forward to meeting some of you guys. Hers's my chop.

BikeBuilders
10-28-2018, 12:58 PM
New on board.... Name is Rob. Always have a few bikes in the garage tinkerin. I live in Las Vegas, and I own a biker event venue near Kingman, AZ called the Saddle Sore Ranch (http://www.saddlesoreranch.com). We host a few old school biker events annually, and donate the use of our property to Boy Scouts, Big Brothers Big Sisters, and Veteran's Organizations.... Next event is the West Coast Rendezvous (http://www.westcoastrendezvous.com) which includes the Blue Collar Build Off (http://www.bluecollarbuildoff.com) (as featured in The Horse Back Street Choppers magazine).

bigg824
11-04-2018, 4:07 AM
hey, just an old man,spent the last six years on and off building my first complete custom.emnjoyed the hell out of it and I think it turned out ok but it sure is a good way to spend money.have it listed on easy riders new site for next to nothing.

TriNortchopz
11-04-2018, 7:46 AM
Guessin' this is yours bigg824:
http://easyriders.com/cs/chopper-shopper/show-ad/59/new-custom-harley-with-1991-engine/york/pennsylvania/usa/harley-davidson/

dirtyirishcustoms
11-06-2018, 10:00 PM
Intro : 28 year old mechanical background four wheels and a cage most of the life. Got into riding about 5 years back and am taking on my first of hopefully many project bikes, a jack of all trades and master of one.......the art of bull shit haha. Live in the great state of North Carolina. Current project 98 Vulcan bob and chop kinda ratty or dirtbag style
Thanks for the advice in advance

10scDust
11-12-2018, 2:06 PM
Hi, Rusty, from near the border of NC in SE Tennessee mountains, 10 miles from the Cherohala Skyway in Tellico Plains, and 50 miles to the "Tail of the Dragon".
Beautiful riding here, if you are in the area, I can show you some interesting places, like water falls and rough mountain top isolated roads, hmu.
Been on 33 since Jan '18.
Been wrenching and riding motorcycles since pre1978, old Chevys & Fords before that. Just somewhat of an old f**k now.
Machinist, machine repairman, mechanics/hydraulics all my life, retired from the workforce and still wrenching my own, (all HD though).
Still learning, love reading the forums, and where a comment may help y'all tapping my knowledge/experiences, I will share.
Glad the genre still lives and being part of it.

TAT2DAN
11-13-2018, 8:30 AM
New guy here. I'm a tattooer here in Nashville, TN going on 14 years in the business. I've been on 2 wheels on and off for nearly 20 years, mostly sport bikes as I was doing roadracing/track days for a while. I've also had a virago 535 that was chopped up and an xs650 chopper. I have been watching the site on and off for a while but finally decided it's time for another project so here I am. Part of me wants to do a shadow 600, a vstar 650 or a Vulcan 900, but another part of me wants to do a sportster 1200. We'll see where it goes.

chopdrice
11-17-2018, 9:38 AM
Hi, new, been working on this road star rice-bobber.. hoping to get her on the road soon since it's my only set of streetable "two" wheels. shes got a ways to go. need to loose the bar controls, footboards and few other changes. have had lot of bikes over 37 years both sport bikes and cruisers. I'm definitely slowing down.. or trying to Lol. have a small business fabricating /machining and love to ride the Sierras while they're still standing and haven't burnt down. in the springtime give me a shout for a ride. I'm not a big poster but I'll check in and contribute here and there.

Medina
11-27-2018, 11:45 AM
I struggle with acting appropriately at work. Corporate should NEVER tell an employee they can't be replaced

What started at this 3 weeks ago
FB marketplace, 800 bucks and sure I could have found one for a couple hundred less, the donor is super clean, runs great, new tires AND I literally walk one block to their house, and rode it home with no atgatt, nothin' not even glasses, the 20mph limit was horrifying!

I bought a HF mig welder just for this project

The rear fender took longer than everything else, obsessing over symmetry, realizing the chain will need to be adjusted (made brackets that can move 1/2" either way)
Seat was a pain, still not happy
Not shown is the seat pan to cover electronics I made.
but we're here

Exhaust wraps are supposed to arrive today, I made a baffle out of 1/2" thinwall EMT, we'll see how well or if it works.

paint, rear lighting, whitewalls when these wear out. Will be streetable in just a few weeks, paint and making my own bars wont be till spring or LOOK SQUIRREL! happens

CraigH
11-27-2018, 5:49 PM
Evening you lot, I'm new from the UK and waiting for everything from my Sporty to come back from paint. Could be a long wait so I'm gonna hang around here until then. I've made or modified everything on this bike so some of it probably wont work but that's all part of the fun I guess?

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/housecraig/52A0C9DE-452C-409E-8CF5-B82A7F748C71_zpsdgftdabc.jpg (https://s2.photobucket.com/user/housecraig/media/52A0C9DE-452C-409E-8CF5-B82A7F748C71_zpsdgftdabc.jpg.html)

Avon
12-01-2018, 12:03 AM
Well, I guess its about time I got around to this, or have I already? I've been here 3 months gone now, feeling the luv. I am down here in the Swamplands of Louisiana. According to the sawbones, I am a deadman awalking. No sympathy wanted, none taken. That should please a few of my followers on this forum. Hey, maybe they'll come to my funeral, I have requested that my cremated remains be loaded in a cannon and shot into the wind. That way they can all kiss my ash/:asshat:! Hunter Thompson stole my idea for that, drunken sod. To those of you who sign on for the ride here, you better have a thick hide. Remember always, its not what you ride, its that you have your knees in the breeze. And you can only ride one bike at a time, so don't be a matchbox bike collector. A true chopper is built to please you, not to gain the acceptance of others. Too many damn cookie cutter customs on the road now. In the words of the late Stan Lee, Nuff said!

22golf
12-01-2018, 9:17 PM
Hey dirtbags. Heres my bike, time to stop lurking. 06 street bob ive been messing with more than riding. Bonneville tank, pie cut exhaust, craigslist fender, efi delete with super e conversion, etc. Just built this stand today. Wood is a goofy material

Tattooo
12-02-2018, 9:14 AM
Well, I guess its about time I got around to this, or have I already? I've been here 3 months gone now, feeling the luv. I am down here in the Swamplands of Louisiana. According to the sawbones, I am a deadman awalking. No sympathy wanted, none taken. That should please a few of my followers on this forum. Hey, maybe they'll come to my funeral, I have requested that my cremated remains be loaded in a cannon and shot into the wind. That way they can all kiss my ash/:asshat:! Hunter Thompson stole my idea for that, drunken sod. To those of you who sign on for the ride here, you better have a thick hide. Remember always, its not what you ride, its that you have your knees in the breeze. And you can only ride one bike at a time, so don't be a matchbox bike collector. A true chopper is built to please you, not to gain the acceptance of others. Too many damn cookie cutter customs on the road now. In the words of the late Stan Lee, Nuff said!

Well said and thought full....... Full of thought....... Seriously.....

JBinNC
12-04-2018, 3:09 PM
Hello, I'm just getting on here, after lurking for several years. Tried to join by computer a few years ago, got in a loop and gave up. Connected by phone now, not much easier, frankly, for this old luddite. I'm a long time motorcycle mechanic and machinist in High Point, NC. Sixty six years young and semi-retired. Shovelheads are my area of interest, but old bikes of all kinds are fine with me.

Jim

Surtly66
12-05-2018, 3:52 AM
Hi,
My name is Jeffery and am new here. I am a Harley fan.

Surtly66
12-05-2018, 3:55 AM
Hey dirtbags. Heres my bike, time to stop lurking. 06 street bob ive been messing with more than riding. Bonneville tank, pie cut exhaust, craigslist fender, efi delete with super e conversion, etc. tirereviews (https://tirereviews.co/) Just built this stand today. Wood is a goofy material

Hi,
My name is Jeffrey and I am new here. I adore motorcycles and I am very curious to search for useful information here.

Toucan
12-06-2018, 7:01 AM
Hey, long time lurker, finally joined. Been riding Harleys for going on 5 years and started to get into making my own parts and chopping. Welder by trade, used to work aerospace now have my own small shop doing everything from auto repair, to furniture, home decor, anything that someone will pay me for. Thanks everyone!

Tattooo
12-06-2018, 8:00 AM
Hey, long time lurker, finally joined. Been riding Harleys for going on 5 years and started to get into making my own parts and chopping. Welder by trade, used to work aerospace now have my own small shop doing everything from auto repair, to furniture, home decor, anything that someone will pay me for. Thanks everyone!

Man that's awesome.... Good to have you here....

Strokers605
12-10-2018, 8:48 AM
Howdy; Thanks for the add..I'll cruise thru the posts etc. I mostly build and ride old shit. Started on WR's, still wicking the speedy ones.

Tattooo
12-10-2018, 9:07 AM
Howdy; Thanks for the add..I'll cruise thru the posts etc. I mostly build and ride old shit. Started on WR's, still wicking the speedy ones.

Old bikes are where it's at...... Good to have you here..... Post some pics of your bikes....

Chelsea123
12-20-2018, 4:42 AM
Hello guys, I'm the newest member of the crew. PLease welcome me. :)

lugnut1009
12-20-2018, 7:52 AM
New to this forum. I have a 1999 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 that I've been riding all year, hope to get a new bike in the spring and play with this one. Always wanted a bobber / rat bike. We shall see.

gregzilla
12-27-2018, 8:45 PM
Hey everyone. My name is Greg. I'm from Ottawa, Canada.

I pieced together a sportster last year. I ride it as a daily but it's not done...

I'll be finishing that bike up over the winter/spring with a longer front end, paint, mids, pipes etc. Standard sportster nothing crazy.

Picked up another project that's still growing legs. Found a 71 Shovelhead that has been sitting for 25 years or so according to the guy I picked it up off. It actually starts in 1-3 kicks, but the rest of the bike is pretty shitty. The guy who put it together years ago botched a bunch of stuff. All fixable and perfect for my plans. I'll be tearing it down and changing it up completely; this is just how I picked it up.

Anyway there's my intro.

77ThugShovel
12-28-2018, 6:39 PM
Well been lurking around and it's time to say hello. My sled is a 77 FXS Lowrider, I have owned it for 22 years. I road the shit out of it and wrenched on it for years until it got parked. I recently got her back on the road. I look forward to tech tips and hope to be able to help some. 89770

76flhchris
01-03-2019, 9:57 AM
Hey, thanks for letting me in. I'm not good at this blog stuff so don't take offense at my retardedness...

-Chris

67 XLCH
76 FLH
83 FXSB
05 Evo Rigid Bobber

DirtyDocRCC
01-06-2019, 8:33 PM
Hello All.

New to the cult, and wanted to introduce myself. I have been around old harleys all my life, and grew up watching my dad and his buddies build death traps in the garage. I start a custom bike company with an Army buddy called Rifle City Customs. With the rise of the hipsters we build alot of Cafe Racers, but my heart is with harleys. I am currently rebuilding my dads 1974 XLCH, and going with a hardtail frame. I look forward to learning and share knowledge.

Blinker
01-15-2019, 3:28 PM
Hi, been looking around for a while and decided to join. I have a 94 Heritage I'm stripping down to get rid of all the cruiser stuff and skinny it out.

MotoPilot6
01-16-2019, 9:28 PM
Hey Chop Cult Crew. I just bought a kinda cherry 1980 Honda CB650 for $1200 (only 33k miles) for my next bobber project and I'm stoked on this one. I just finished my Harley FatBoy Bobber build and it came out great in my eyes. I'm sure I will be posting a thread on the progress of the CB build. And I already have some build questions. If you want to see the work on my FatBoy bobber check out this video: https://youtu.be/7A-3uQu2P2M. There's also a 10 video series on my motopilot youtube channel of the build. See you around and say HI!

SundownSlinger
01-22-2019, 4:42 PM
Hey everyone, my name is Steve and it's been a long time since I've been on this site, so here's another intro to get me back into things.

I'm currently building a panhead chopper for Showclass Magazine's People's Champ and will be posting updates on it in the American build thread these next few months(Roller pictured here). The build will include frame mods(stretch and rake), altered girder front end, 93" panhead engine, 4-speed ratchet kicker, old bates seat, 21" star hub spoked front wheel/18" rear, old hummer sporty style tank(frisco'd), round fab kev oil bag(altered), no front brake, foot clutch, jockey shift, and many more details...

About me:

I work with Irish Rich in Denver and have been building bikes with him for almost 13 years now at Irish Rich Custom Cycles/Shamrock Fabrication. I've built 2 rigid chops in that time and put roughly 100,000 miles on the two of them in those years. Both evo chops that I've ridden all over the USA. My pops chopped/built 3 different chops in the late 60's/early 70's. I also grew up around Harley Davidsons from an early age. Other than that, and building bikes with Irish Rich the last dozen+ years, I've also learned motorcycle engraving from the great C.J. Allan. An O.G. in the chopper and motorcycle world, and considered the father of modern motorcycle engraving.

I'll be posting my Showclass People's Champ Chopper build updates soon in the American Build thread here on ChopCult, so I hope you all dig what I'm putting out there. Feels good to be back...

- Steve

CycleMonster
01-28-2019, 11:17 PM
Howdy! Im new to the forum but no stranger to bikes. Portland, OR native. My current chop is a '96 1200 hardtail. I'll be looking on here for tips and tricks. May post a few of my own. See yas!

Cuddles
02-03-2019, 7:44 AM
Hello. I live in central FL. Lakeland to be exact. I have a few bikes. I ride my 78 flh daily. I have a 2006 Fatboy and a 75 Norton commando project as well. I've been reading here a while and decided to finally register.

NickFury
02-06-2019, 9:44 AM
New guy here. Had tons of bikes. Currently settled on three. My 85 vmax, my 83 FXWG, and my 76 XLCH90864

portlandironhead
02-19-2019, 2:36 AM
Howdy, I'm Nick - hailing from Portland, OR as of a few months ago. Been riding for awhile, but I bought my first HD Chop in 2017.

I'm rebuilding my 76 XLCH right now, got any good info to share?? I've started a rebuild thread to address some of the issues I've run into. :cool:

Dutch79
02-21-2019, 11:45 AM
How yinz doing? I'm Dutch Currently living in East Liverpool OH. From all over Spent last 20yrs as a Hot rod builder for a day job. In Arizona Pittsburgh, Marcy NY where every they needed a Sheetmetal/fab guy/body guy lol. Bean riding since I was 5 raced motocross been on Harleys for 24 yrs. Been lurking around on here for awhile figured I get legit.

AnotherDudeOnASporty
02-24-2019, 9:29 AM
What's up everyone. New guy here from So Cal. Been trolling these forums for a year or so and decided to finally sign up. I've been working on my 2012 Sportster 1200Custom for a little bit now. Wasn't sure where I was going with it for a while. But lately I've kinda just been doing what I like. Anyway. Here's where it's at now. Might change the bars soon. Thinking LA choppers reverse Tbars and maybe a peanut tank. Even toying with the idea of a +2" on the tubes. Definitely need smaller mirrors.

This one is the most recent pic from my trip to Az a couple weeks ago

Back when I had the low mounted drags and the HD Brawler seat

AngusRabin
02-26-2019, 8:08 AM
cool forum , really interesting)

NickFury
02-26-2019, 8:59 AM
Howdy, I'm Nick - hailing from Portland, OR as of a few months ago. Been riding for awhile, but I bought my first HD Chop in 2017.

I'm rebuilding my 76 XLCH right now, got any good info to share?? I've started a rebuild thread to address some of the issues I've run into. :cool:

Do you have it all apart? First thing I would do is tear it down and see what you got! 75-76 were weird years. If you need parts let me know. Probably gonna sell mine as it's a basket case and I'll probably never get around to it.

LFOD1978
02-28-2019, 8:50 AM
Hey everyone. New to here. I have a Black 99 shadow bobber. First bobber i have owned. thanks for the site.

Tater66
03-03-2019, 10:07 AM
Lurking for years. Working on PanShovel.

Jake883
03-03-2019, 2:15 PM
Hi, Im Jacob. Ive had my bike since july last year but ive only been riding for about 4 months before i had to put it away for the winter. Ive put about 6000 miles on my bike since ive had it. My bikes my only vehicle now. I go to school for welding and plan on building my sportster into a badass chopper soon.

AbeW
03-14-2019, 8:53 PM
I'm Abe from CO. Looking to get a swingarm shovelhead project of mine going. I'll have a lot of questions for sure.

Tattooo
03-15-2019, 7:08 AM
I'm Abe from CO. Looking to get a swingarm shovelhead project of mine going. I'll have a lot of questions for sure.

Ask away............ Glad you joined up..........

jeroen
03-31-2019, 6:12 AM

hi and greetings from the Lower east flatlands of holland.
im into bikes for about 25 years now.
curently on a 89 softail,my so called workhorse dailyride... daily....hahahaha sure, i'm a trucker by proffession,so not much riding when you away.
ther's also my 1980FLH shovel,living in the bedroom ,waiting to get back on the road.... time, man time...or ...the lack of it 92520

MotorCrust
03-31-2019, 9:14 AM
Motorcycles, punk, sex, drugs, rock n roll, DIY or die, shoot guns, go skateboarding.

Brewsky88
04-05-2019, 10:30 PM
Hey y'all, brand new to the forum. Researching and planning out what I want when I do my bobber build and Google has brought me here a few times so I figured I might as well join. Some things I'm planning may be considered taboo by some but I really don't care, I'm not building it to meet anyone else's approval, whomever doesn't like it can go back to worrying about their own scoot. Will be taking in as much knowledge as I can and dropping some questions to figure out what my research isn't able to find.

ChrisHart
04-10-2019, 11:54 AM
Not sure if this is the "right" spot to post intros but here it is anyway. My name's Chris I'm from Ohio, and getting into the world of custom bike building. I'm 21 and been working with motorcycles sense I was 15. I say I'm self taught but truthfully endless hours of forum reading gave me my knowledge. My experience lies mostly with Metric Bikes. Ive owned at least one of each of the major Jap bike brands. I have two current projects in the work both taking completely different routes. I'm building a 78 Suzuki GS750 Cafe Racer, built for Speed and power, as well as a 84 Yamaha Virago bobber with the main focus being cruiser/city bike. Two different directions with two different purposes. 9280492805

Fuego1340
04-11-2019, 6:26 AM
Morning everyone. My name is Jordan and I’m from the New Haven area of Connecticut. I ride a 93 Evo in an Ultima frame. I’ve been riding for around eight years but this past year was my first in the cool kids club of choppers. Looking forward to this next year.

Fast11970
04-11-2019, 9:34 AM
Names Dave- Been at it all my life Ride,wrench, trade, buy, sell, build, fabricate whatever I like. Usually work on other bikes for beer, tattoos or just out of the zen it brings....

GoodLuckCult
04-14-2019, 4:50 PM
hello from a guy and his gal from washington. we like to make stuff.

ChrisHart
04-15-2019, 9:16 PM
Not good at intros but here it goes. my name is Chris I'm 21 years old , I'm from Canton Ohio. Got into motorcycles when I was 15 and been hooked ever sense. I've personally owned at built 9 project bikes of all Jap bike Makes and models. From cafe to bobber. Stock to full chop I've done it all. By no means am I an expert, I aspire to learn everyday. I leave for Motorcycle Tech school in August. Currently have two projects going. First is a 1984 Yamaha XV1000 I'm bobbing out. And my other is my baby. A 1978 Suzuki GS750 Cafe build. Both builds undergoing massive modifications testing my ability. Look forward to hearing any advice tips or questions from everyone. Thanks.

Geinastar
04-16-2019, 12:57 PM
Hi everybody,I'm new here

Gurp
04-25-2019, 8:33 AM
Hello. I'm Ron aka Gurp
I'm into vintage Honda.
Im building a cb500 with a cb550 on the wait list.
I work alot and have kids.
Progress is slow but it gets made.

Taker73044
04-30-2019, 10:21 PM
David from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

My bike. S&S crank case, EVO heads and jugs, Riviera primo 6 speed tranny, unsure on frame not stock...., and much more.9344393443

Chopped1990
04-30-2019, 10:44 PM
What's up guys new to the cult from IL Looking forward to learning and helping.Current project suzuki c50 93445

shampoovictim
05-03-2019, 4:27 AM
Hi there, I'm from France and I ride a 1979 FLH, long stroke motor S&S bigbore, currently in original frame with panheand swing frame bobber style (too dark for me...)
Projet : rigid oldschool cool frisco style chopper.
see you soon!

Callaghan
05-07-2019, 8:08 PM
Just joined up, had an old ChopperUnderground account I can't find for a bike a tore apart in a spare bedroom in graduate school. Just bought a 74 Yamaha TX500. There aren't a lot of them around. It runs well, and I could use any info you all might have about them.
-Best.

confab
05-13-2019, 8:50 AM
Hello from the Greater Cincinnati area.

New to Harleys, my projects are usually cars. Picked up a 1980 Fat Bob project bike last Sunday and someone recommended I look here for advice and tech.

Nice place. I like it.

:cheersmate:

ChoppersONLY
05-18-2019, 8:52 PM
Hey yall my names Justin 28 central California glad to be a member of the site. Currently have 2 spcn hartail springers one with a custom built std 88ci panhead the other is an evo. Been a licensed rider for 11 yrs this october and Countless years before that. I've had 20+ bikes from street bikes to dual sports and a hand full of softails. Catch yall around

rabies
05-21-2019, 7:47 AM
hello everyone my name is Jay, and I have a bike problem
*hello J*

(J begins to cry)

Orchardhouse
05-22-2019, 7:49 AM
Hey Guys, I'm new here from the UK. This is my visit to this forum and glad to have joined your community. Looking forward to this group.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Residential Care Home in East Sussex (https://www.orchardhousebexhill.com/) | Care home for elders (https://www.orchardhousebexhill.com/)

OliverClozoff
05-27-2019, 3:24 PM
Figured it was time for an intro. Over the years I have come to Chop Cult for tech issues, casual reading and whatnot. I think I have had just about every make and style of bike over the years. I used to kill time with CB750's back in the day. Gathering parts from Ebay, swap meets and hardware stores and creating bikes that probably had no business being on the road :) Then we had kids, changed jobs and the projects went away. I still had bikes, just not time to wrench.

I currently have a 2011 Road Glide that is my daily driver, a 1999 Wide Glide that was my first Harley and a few months ago I picked up a basket case (IMO) Evo with a springer in a hard tail (Kraft Tech I think) frame. So, I have been putting that back together and will be hanging out here getting ideas and tips as I get this thing back on the road.

I love all of the knowledge and ideas that come out of this forum. Hopefully at some point I can add something that helps someone else here.

Thanks for having me,
Erik

Tattooo
05-27-2019, 7:43 PM
^^^^^^^ Welcome^^^^^^^^^^^^

BLungi
05-27-2019, 8:24 PM
Hello from the New Jersey Pine Barrens! I'm a life long rider and mechanic that has moved on to machining for the last 6 years.

I picked up a complete basket case 67 shovelhead that was never assembled. Just crates of parts from someone's collection. Kind of huge leap for someones first Harley but that is how I like to roll.

I've been lurking for almost 2 years now and have found this website to be extremely helpful through out this build. I've finally decided to sign up and be an official part of the community!

Tattooo
05-28-2019, 8:52 AM
I picked up a complete basket case 67 shovelhead that was never assembled. Just crates of parts from someone's collection. Kind of huge leap for someones first Harley but that is how I like to roll.

Welcome, You have to start somewhere sometime..... This was a basket Shovel that I built from parts 40+ years ago... Your lucky that you have the internet to fall back on.....

Best of luck.....

geof
06-01-2019, 8:32 AM
Hello Guys and girls:),

New member all the way from belgium. Looking to learn a lot through this site. Been on here sinds 2013 but nothing posten yet till now.

Therealmac
06-06-2019, 10:40 PM
Hey. Im Mac. Im currently living in Hawaii, but have lived all over. Only current bike i have is a 2015 FXDWG. Not much in the way of plans for it at the moment. But i am going to put some 585 cams in soon.

While im here, im going to scrimp and save as much as possible. When i rotate back to the mainland and get a garage, i really want to build a evo or sporty chop. Just wanted to pop in and steal as much intelligence as i can from people who know more than me.

ShovelThomas
06-13-2019, 5:48 AM
Hello everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. Name is Tom. Found my love for bikes about 15 years ago and vintage bikes about 10 years ago. Built a couple 70's sportsters now for the last few years on a '76 Super Glide that I've built. Spent a lot of time living in North Yorkshire, England since 2007 (currently). Originally from Cleveland, OH.

SmurphFTW
06-16-2019, 3:44 PM
Whats up guys my name's sean. I'm about 20 minutes south of gettysburg in maryland. Been ridin a while. I have a 2000 fxst and just added a 73 iron in a rigid frame i picked up off a guy that needs a re wire and some TLC. Not the most computer tech savvy guy. Just lookin for some tips and maybe meet some new people to ride with.

ebertf
06-19-2019, 4:36 PM
FNG Here New to choppers not to Harley Have/Do own 2000 Kawi 1500, 1973 Iron Head, 1999 Honda Shadow , 1948 Harley Hummer, 1958 Servicar, 2004 Roadglide 1989 Sportster 1200, 2012 Dyna Switchback, 2008 Sportster. This is my latest purchase 1977 Shovelhead. Looking forward to my latest adventure.

Fullofdays
06-20-2019, 7:54 PM
Noob in North Carolina. I rode an evo hardtail built by Jeff cochran back in 02 and miss that bike! Looking for a pan or shovel for a drop seat conversion. Contemplating buying one already built to save a few dollars but theres a lot of tweaker hack shite out there

VDSlugg
06-24-2019, 12:46 PM
Josh here from NC. Ride around on a mid 90s sporty and have 60% of a bastard year ironhead patiently waiting its time.

I am getting heavy into hammer and chisel engraving. i think scrollwork is beautiful but boring and i like doing relief carving shit. got an ad up in classified looking for junk cast parts so if you got some blown up shit hook yer boy up.

Kenny9449
06-27-2019, 6:11 AM
Hey guys

My Name is Kenny and I'm from Switzerland.
I built this 66' XLCH called Short Mary a couple of weeks ago.
I still have some problems with missfires and the suspension in the back is too soft.
But otherwise it's a blast to ride.

seagullplayer
07-02-2019, 11:45 AM
New Hoosier here.

Got my first street bike in 1985.

I still ride my 1995,883 that I bought new.

Seems like all most folks want to talk about is new bikes.
This place looks like it might be a little different.

Micromark
07-04-2019, 6:53 AM
Mark from Manassas VA.
Didn’t build her but I hope to keep this old school classic in the wind. Named her “Elvira”. She’s sexy, black and wants to take blood from me every time I ride her!

Freedom5
07-07-2019, 2:12 PM
New to the forum and new to American muscle bikes. I picked up a 2002 royal Ryder chopper with a s&s 113 in the frame. Loving the bike so far.

BruceKoukalaka
07-14-2019, 12:20 AM
Hey from Alberta Canada, just north of the border from Babb Montana, building a Buell Blast just because I can!

TangoGolf90
07-15-2019, 9:30 PM
Hello all, Name is Justin. i ride a 1990 Tour Glide and a 96 softail Heritage. Just getting started on the chopper builds. I'm from Great Falls, Montana. Joined the forum to seek out and learn some stuff. really wanting to build my own chop and see what i can create.

DirtyDan75
07-24-2019, 10:13 PM
Dirty Dan from Santa Rosa CA9587595876

DirtyDan75
07-24-2019, 10:51 PM
FNG but third bike. 03 Road King that I'm slowly building as an early FLH/Duo Glide. Started life as a cop bike. Names Dan from North Bay CA 95877

Wiseman
08-01-2019, 8:50 PM
New to the forum. I'm Motor in my area in south Florida, but that was taken, Wiseguy, my handle at Shovelhead US was also taken, so I'll be Wiseman here. Got a 96" Frankenstein Shovel with a few mods, runs really nice. You'll think my carb is way overkill, but the venturi sizes are 27mm to match the engine's flow. Good working Ultima Shovel heads, Mackie cam, six speed tranny, etc. Here's a few pics to show details.

https://i.postimg.cc/8Phjrzmv/0-BF7-F13-E-3164-4-EC8-8-CD1-9240455332-DF.png (https://postimg.cc/Wh12BjKp)

https://i.postimg.cc/y8pBDMt9/C693-D267-FAA9-4-B0-A-A3-B8-C6-E5-E4-A8760-D.jpg (https://postimg.cc/DSGRDM2y)nearest key bank locations (https://banks-nearme.com/keybank-near-me)

https://i.postimg.cc/65SYTzzq/A68-F1969-FE20-451-E-A6-FF-79-A9-D9-B7-CFF6.jpg (https://postimg.cc/hfL95LkR)nearest open gas station (https://gasstation-nearme.com/)

https://i.postimg.cc/v84PypLk/CF8-D73-E6-6-FF5-4632-9-B95-18639417-CE44.png (https://postimg.cc/dDKRmNfj)exotic kid names (https://treetop100babynames.com/exotic-baby-names-girls-1)

I hope there's a few here as nuts as I am about making different stuff work on old Shovels.

Slikvik
08-02-2019, 9:51 AM
Hey ......... run a bunch of old nonsense, whatever fires gets ridden, still running hardtails, ULH is in the motor shop as I aint got the reamers for the cams etc , FL is my daily ride, ifn it aint rainin which it is most days, I run my EL , warpigs one of georges creations from 2005 ... riding for over 50 years ...... some good information in here ...... Good fortune on the road :)

longbow
08-06-2019, 3:29 PM
Hello from Montana Im building a Kraft tech rigid with a little 74" shovel just gathering up parts and learn alot reading this forum.

PocoCJ
08-07-2019, 9:04 AM
Might've been registered in here before. Can't remember - comes with being a retired bum, I guess. East Texas area, small town of Jefferson. Nice and quiet in the sticks just like it oughtta be. Started riding in 1973 on a '72 XLCH raked 7/8" (probably about 45 degrees) and 15 over tubes. Have owned only 5 bikes, excluding a handful of temps while rebuilding the main bike - 1972 XLCH chop, 1978 FLH 3 speed w/reverse, 1987 FLST, 2006 Fat Boy, 2007 XLN. Have the '87, '06, '07 now. The temps were '73 XLH, '84 XL, '72 XLH.

Here for the reading and looking. Doing some work on the '87 Sloptail and figured I'd be able to pick up some good info.

Fussypuck
08-07-2019, 2:56 PM
Noot noot new handle homeboys. I have everything to gain, nothing to contribute, and may even destroy a thing or two.
I'm far from cool and totally unoriginal. I like motorcycles and my favorite to collect are the ones that don't run.
I'm currently storing a few hondas, a few harleys, and a couple of vespas. Yeah, no shiz.
Thanks for having me!

mason5
08-09-2019, 2:23 PM
Hello, I'm new, having Yamaha G2

skate31
09-12-2019, 8:56 AM

Im new here.. Builder from Philippines this is my build, Ii have youtube Channel : Lobo Project
Pls Support my channel, Subscribe share like and comment.. Thanks

UjointElvis
09-18-2019, 11:39 AM
Hello to everyone. New to Chop Cult. Started on a 75 Shovel 35 years ago. Have bought sold and traded a few through the years . Just sold my 89 Springer and picked up a 76 FL. Looking forward to hanging out and checking out all the righteous scoots. Have already seen some bad ass swing arm chops that give me plenty of inspiration to get started on this 76.

TheTon
09-30-2019, 6:18 PM
Hello:

Long time ChopCult fan - though to be honest, never checked out the forums. I have registered before and there may be a repetitive intro.... Mostly the articles and social media, and store, etc. By way of short introduction my name is Timothy. I run a magazine with my wife The Ton. The Ton is a Pacific Northwest motorcycle and lifestyle magazine created by motorcycle, tattoo, and rock and roll enthusiasts huddled in the rainiest drenched stretches of highways in the world. We publish quarterly, and have just released issue 3. It features Mark Kirkland’s 3000 mile trip for El Diablo Run, Brett Turner’s Born Free, two of the wildest bikes featured at 1Moto, Cycle Monster, stories on the marijuana industry and much more... Anyway, if that sounds like your thing you can find it at http://thetonmag.com You can find us on instagram @thetonmag.

I am currently riding a 2014 sportster, still with the swing arm set up. Not much other than that is stock. In the past I have ridden everything from vintage (though not very vintage then) dirt bikes, to 1960s Yamaha's, and even vespas. I'm game with most two wheel set ups, except for goldwings. Can't get with that.

AliBabaBoomBap
10-04-2019, 6:16 PM
Hey fellas,

Been riding Harley's since I was 14 (starting with an iron). I took a couple years off after a bad spill and a move to NYC. This past summer I decided to jump back on with a 1978 Shovel project. I didn't have much experience working on older bikes, so I used this forum A LOT. Decided that its about time I actually make an account and get engaged. So here I am. Looking forward to it.

Tattooo
10-04-2019, 7:10 PM
^^^^^^^ Damn nice looking bike,,,,,,^^^^^^^^^^^

SweetJams
10-06-2019, 11:39 PM
Hey,

My name is Jam from RI. Still planning on what I want to build into a chopper. I want a custom one. I hope you guys are all doing well.

Tacocat
10-07-2019, 8:33 AM
Hey everybody!
Out of West Michigan here. Been riding for decades, but I just bought an '89 softail that I want to turn into a frisco chopper. I'm not much of a wrench, so I could learn a lot from this group. I've loved choppers since I was a kid. I'm finally going to try to make that dream come true!

Tacocat
10-07-2019, 8:35 AM
That's a sick bike! Love it!

CDeeZ
10-11-2019, 5:39 PM
Hello! My name is Chase and I just "finished" chopping my '03 sporty. A friend and I actually transformed his 61 Panhead from about 10 cardboard boxes of parts into a rideable chopper, and then, chopped my sporty. We did this in about 1 month.

https://i.imgur.com/9KHpb9J.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6f5ATqW.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/T3PHZEC.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/qe0utUk.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/PgKXapQ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/89bO4ya.jpg

Mwatson
10-25-2019, 10:23 AM
New member from Ohio. Here is a pic of the best bike in the world.....a free bike. Picked it up from a friend in Texas a few months ago, and rode it back the 1600ish miles to Ohio. 97920

Zedman
10-28-2019, 4:58 PM
Fng have a roadglide and an old ironhead and im from Houston. Picked up an old amen savior frame and gonna build it out. Looking for chopper knowledge..and Anybody to tell me what motor this is set up for97999

Zedman
10-28-2019, 5:00 PM

TriNortchopz
10-29-2019, 11:26 PM
Hey Zedman, looks like its missing some of the Savior suspension parts. See original Savior parts ad:

That is not for the 900 Kawasaki (lower engine mount further back under middle of the engine):

Might be for the Honda 750, this one was a Savior that got turned into a hardtail; note engine mounts in front:
check measurements of engine mounts for SOHC Honda 750:

Maybe Honda 500 / 550 4 cylinder (note front and front lower engine mounts):

look here for Amen Savior choppers, stuff, and links to parts on eBay: 70s AMeN chopper owners group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/730402610414708/

Taverner
10-30-2019, 11:07 AM
New to this whole forum deal.... this has always been a great site to pass the time on so I figured why not join!? I live in Sidney BC and have a '13 sportster and a '81 Suzuki gs750 (now with an 1100). I do a little bit of drag racing at our local (384') track with the Suzuki and the sporty is my touring bike...98028

Rogue915
11-12-2019, 10:05 AM
Hey Everyone. I am Rogue, and live in Washington State. I have ridden Harleys for years and currently have an 07 Nightster and a 13 Roadglide. I just picked up a 1978 KZ750 for my first build, and waiting on my hardtail weld on ass end from Lowbrow Customs. Excited to start this project.

Drewfinn
11-24-2019, 7:19 PM
Hey Folks! Names Andy and it's good to be here amongst the throng! Getting ready to stretch and hardtail an old cj360t I scarfed up. Guess I'll learn as I go and ask all you gurus for help!

hillcat
11-25-2019, 3:10 AM
Hey Folks! Names Andy and it's good to be here amongst the throng! Getting ready to stretch and hardtail an old cj360t I scarfed up. Guess I'll learn as I go and ask all you gurus for help!

A CJ? Must be a Jeep thing.

TriNortchopz
11-25-2019, 7:30 AM
Rogue915: I just picked up a 1978 KZ750 for my first build,
Twin or 4?

Northerner
12-09-2019, 10:56 PM
Hello from north of the border. Just picked up an XS650 project, looking forward to learning and sharing the build with everyone. A lot of great stuff here.

AlbertaFarmer
12-09-2019, 11:28 PM
Welcome to the forum, Northerner.

Elcocko
01-18-2020, 5:30 AM
Newbie from the Midwest, I'm new to the site but not motorcycles. I have a 78 cb750 that's about to meet is fate with a portaband and grinder. I'm hoping to post pics of this, so more reading will be required on how to do that. Now, where did I set my beer?

ironpac
02-10-2020, 7:48 AM
Thanks for having me. I am from Long Island, NY. I had my Harley XL1200CX since 2016, built as Club Style, and I have been reading on this forum for years, so much great stuff. SO I finally decided to do a swing arm chop my Sporty. Coming along slowly but headed in the right direction. Going to make a thread for sure. Looking forward to finishing and posting it.

samuelshovel
03-07-2020, 12:43 AM
new to chopcult from tea gardens, Australia :)

Would love to link up with any dudes ridding chops in the hunter region !

BuddhahoodVato
03-07-2020, 8:29 PM
new to chopcult from tea gardens, Australia :)

Would love to link up with any dudes ridding chops in the hunter region !

Welcome

NomadMullen
03-09-2020, 3:33 AM
Welcome to chopcult :).Im new myself.sweet looking chop mate :D

NomadMullen
03-09-2020, 3:38 AM
Hey man you from the north of Ireland :)? Welcome to chopcult btw

Redsandman6
04-07-2020, 6:44 AM
i signed up awhile ago but did not really have anything to contribute.. i started with a 06 shadow bobber. my latest project was a 95 nighthawk cafe racer. i have another nighthawk i was going to start on or maybe find something else to cut up. so i guess its better late the never to start posting and asking questions.

Zuhalfast
04-12-2020, 9:46 PM
Hello I'm Halim from Malaysia, just started a small custom shop here. I'm here to contribute what I could and gain more knowledge from u guys.

RatRodScott
04-15-2020, 12:43 PM
Hi guys. Scott From Pensacola. Ive got an untitled 72 sportster and a new to me 75 xlch. They are both builders. Im new o the sportster world and look forward to building with your help and tech advice at hand. I mostly ride my RoadGlide all over and wanted something for more of a local "I built it" bike.

Scott

kickmyshovel
04-23-2020, 3:59 PM
intro names justin aka t...i have a couple bikes a buell cyclone a 85 softail with 4speed kicker ,92 dana...and may baby a 79 shovel rigid 5 in 4 case bar hopper,jammer any ways im from dhs and i ve been having a problem with my revrech tranny if anyone can help i put a thread on it thanks

Matte
04-27-2020, 11:03 AM
Hey all. New here, but I joined the Facebook group a few months ago. Live in Michigan and have been working on chopping up and bobbing out my breakout. Will share some in the build area later. Also here for some other questions I’ll pose in other areas. For more here’s my bike in its current form!

Sug
04-29-2020, 2:25 AM
Hello Guys !
My (nick)name is Sug, I'm from France, and live in Marseille.
Several months ago I get an 1974 FLH in bad looking condition.

Currently I am cleaning it, and working on it to make it good.

Carbie
04-30-2020, 1:44 PM
My name is Carbie, though a lot of folks know me as Magoo too. Finally decided to get back on the forums after a billion year hiatus. I've been building and riding for close to 20 years. I started on old Jap bikes (CB's and KZ's), moved on to Triumphs for a few years, then found myself into HD's and stayed. Been a poor kid all my life, so everything I've ever got I pretty much had to build or assemble it myself. All my learning was provided by common sense, the seat of my pants and my method of "ask the old guy." I'm a member of the Stumbler Chopper Club and wholly support the DIY'er. I've probably had close to 15 actual full, riding bikes over the years and a semi trailer of parts and bikes that never manifested. I've spent more time on two wheels than I ever have holding a single wheel. Currently my daily is an '88 FLH (pictured), though I've got a '76 XLH1000 with a '77 transmission in a hard tailed frame (pictured) and a '76 Shovel with a 96" kit that I just put in a hardtail as well. I've got plenty of projects laying around from Triumphs to AllState scooters to more Ironheads, so watch out you never know what I might post on.

Ajryder87
05-01-2020, 4:54 AM
33 y/o treasure coast of Florida rider. 02' hardtail sporty. Not sure what I'll do next with her. Hit me up if anyone's in the area.102913

JoggerBoi
05-05-2020, 4:30 PM

Anybody have a top clamp that will Fit this goddamn thing. I believe itís an old jammer springer. Canít find anything to fit it online. Itís 5.25Ē from stud to stud with a 1Ē neck. It is inline, not offset. Please help. I have more photos of you need

ThePartyBarge
05-12-2020, 5:06 PM
Long time lurker finally got an account.
Picked up this xs650 in trade and promptly moved from Washington to Virginia.
I've been sorting through issues and barely riding it since it breaks down every other ride, now has a hugh's pma and ignition just waiting on carb parts to fix the vm34's sinking floats.

winddrifter
05-13-2020, 12:53 AM
RUNNING WILD-LIVING FREE VA Redneck RIDE HARD DIE FREE 103318

Chizzy
05-31-2020, 5:48 AM
Hey my name is mark. I'm from northern new jersey and I'm late to the chopper scene. I grew up watching my dad ride his soft tail around and knew that I had to get a bike one day. Fast forward 15 years later I buy a Dyna street bob. Choppers were something I saw on TV shows like American chopper and the great biker build off but never saw in person. So one day I see an ad for strange days in upstate new york. It said it was a vintage motorcycle show so I ride out there to check it out. The moment I pulled in there I was hooked. I felt like I was right at home and was inspired to build my own chopoer. Fast forward another 4 years later. I have half of a 93 Evo sportster in a closet and half of a roller in my loft. It's been a lot of fun watching my vision come to life

Chopaviator
06-04-2020, 7:41 AM
Hi, I'm Patrick. Recently moved from Asheville, NC to the Charlotte area. Currently rebuilding my front end.... I hit a black bear on the parkway a few months and and bent my freshly installed 6 over104006s104005

lorax
06-10-2020, 11:21 AM
G'day, I'm up in Vermont. Am in the planning stages (aka - broke and drooling) for my first bike build. Not intimidated (well, maybe a little) but I figure I can find help with fabrication and welding. It's the knowledge and experience I definitely lack. SO... I'm in sponge mode - reading through stuff here and elsewhere to soak up what I can as I plan.

If anyone is from the Central Vermont area, feel free to connect.

Cheers!

Nitram88
06-11-2020, 11:26 AM
104148Hello everyone been here for a while mostly lurking. Just enjoying all the shared knowledge and great bikes. Have 98 Dyna currently but looking to pick up another "project" bike in the future.

43curhunter
06-16-2020, 5:54 PM
Howdy everybody anybody know wat swing arms will swap to a 71 xlch to run a disc? Or can send a vid of mounting a banana caliper to the existing im a good welder have had mostly stock bikes so any help be preciated

Rigweldering
06-18-2020, 1:03 AM
Hey everybody, i joined a while back just never posted. Recently bought a panhead with BDL primary but was wondering how much slack should my foot clutch have in it. Adjusting bolt for clutch seems to be sticking out about 3/4" past jam nut. Is it time for a new clutch?

Billigerent
06-25-2020, 11:24 AM
FNG from Long Island NY. I race my 1946 WL at TROG every year and love to cruise my Island on a 1970 FLH. I also have more modern stuff for the occasional cross country adventure with my wife. Happy to be here.

Pborgia
07-07-2020, 8:52 PM
New here, I'm Pete from Upstate NY. 07 Roadking and 76 FLH.

lorax
07-08-2020, 9:45 PM
New here, I'm Pete from Upstate NY. 07 Roadking and 76 FLH.

Where abouts in Upstate NY? I'm in Montpelier, VT.

fansyGuy
07-09-2020, 11:27 PM
Hi, I'm David and I live in Alaska. I like rock, cars and bikes, so I hope I'll like this forum. Nice to meet you, by the way.

Nobodyknowsimashithead
07-11-2020, 1:34 PM
I guess I never bothered to do one of these intros I'm Chris from the St. Louis area I paint choppers for a living and sell parts and flip or build a bike here and there although the lack of swap meets this year has kinda fucked up that part of my income

PaulKersey69
07-12-2020, 12:07 PM
Hello, I'm new to Triumphs. I currently own a 2008 America custom bagger and a 69 t120r chopper. I need help with the 69'. It's not running, but I think it's all there. Not sure what I want to do with it. I need expert advice. I'll post pictures when I can. Thanks for having me! Also, any guys or gals from central Ohio area that I could get with to hang out with and learn how to wrench on these things?? thanks.... Jason

Brokenspoke69
07-17-2020, 9:11 PM
Hi just joined a guy at job cycles online said to try this out I have a 81 Susuki gs450 project bike front half is susuki rear hlf Iíve been told is Harley but unsure cuz I canít find other frames online that look like it first time builder first time bike owner

Monster8842
07-20-2020, 12:59 PM
Hi I'm Monster, I'm an alcoholic... Wait wrong place for that, anyway I'm new here, and I'm currently in the Tampa area. I have a clapped out 89 Softail heritage classic that I'm choppin up, rebuilding , and turning into my ultimate death trap. I also have a 2010 Road King but that bikes not why I'm here. 105108

hornanq
07-22-2020, 12:48 PM
Hi there! I'm new here :) I own a 1947 WL, but currently it's on repair. I hope to find here info about the details and generally to have a great time chatting with you.

PDUBYA
08-25-2020, 9:17 PM

New member from MO. Been lurking on here for awhile and learning a lot. In the front is a chopper I bought from a Shovelhead Forum member a few years ago. Had been wanting to build one but bought this one for a lot less than I could build. In the back is my 1975 FLH. Stock motor, never been opened up according to the man I bought it from. Had it for about 7 years now. Still wanting to build a chopper. Most likely will do a early 2000's sportster hardtail conversion.

alltime
09-10-2020, 10:54 PM
Hey. Been reading/lurking for a while and signed up a little bit ago, so I guess I should do this. I'm Matt, living in San Francisco. Recently picked up an 02 sporty chopper and am planning on some projects/upgrades. Just looking for insight and to soak up some knowledge along the way.

Jockeyshift41
09-14-2020, 3:49 PM
Greetings. Al here in sunny SWFL. Up in NY they called me “Chinese Al”. Been fucking with these things since the 80’s. Have a knuckle, few shovels, an ironhead, and couple of TC’s. Moved to Florida 3 years ago. Not much of a chopper scene in Ft Myers so now I’m on the forums to get my “fix”. Worked as A&P mechanic for the airlines from 87-01 then Harleys till now. Hopefully I can contribute to the site with the little bit I know. 106296

frobozz
09-21-2020, 7:13 AM
Jumped right into a technical thread without introducing myself here, let me correct that.

I'm Duncan, live near Chicago, picked up a 67 Triumph chopper time capsule 3 years ago and have been having a blast getting it reliable enough to ride frequently. You know the drill with any newly-acquired British vehicle: you start out never driving it farther away than you can push it home, then slowly build up your confidence in it.

Attached are pictures of it today, but here is a link to some pictures I took right after I got it - the only thing I had done at that point was change out the dry-rotted rear tire for a Coker repro of the same tire.

http://backglass.org/duncan/67_triumph_chopper/before/

The Gary Littlejohn coffin tank was certainly of the era, but it was a shallow tunnel mid-location petcock version instead of the deep tunnel rear-petcock version that a Triumph needs. I had less than a gallon of usable gas in that configuration! So I sold it and reverted to a stock (repro) tank that I got painted with 1970s pinball art. The slash-cutoff pipes were also very of the era, but laws in Illinois being what they are, and having nieghbors who I didn't want to hate me, I went with stock-ish repros. I added (slightly later era) Triumph instruments, better headlights, better mirrors, and an actual battery just to make it more usable but still keeping true to the spirit of a late-60s/early-70s chop.

Duncan

ghostdevil273
09-23-2020, 10:15 PM

Been on here on and off for many years had a 75 sporty about 6 years ago sold it. Bought this few months back in June 2020.
Start of what been on going look for the "right" bike was looking for a 1973 XLCH Kick only found it bought it...Long story short bike has 7700 miles on it. Guy I got from is and was the only owner other than me. He painted back on early 90's. It's has upgraded cams but guy cant remember what cams they are he thinks there a COMP Cams grind. I am in the process of adding "My" special touch to the bike. I love brass I started buying parts before I even got the bike. I have a Lowbrows KR hard tail for it, very swweet hard tail for the money...I wanted a rigid frame but money is tight. I also have a Prostreet Camaro(pic inserted) :) that i got on a super deal. So having 2 projects is a mess.... Im looking to do a springer during the winter if money is there. But springer is 450.00, front wheel 200.00, brakes 150 ish, etc etc. I do have alot stuff for the bike now
The S&S E Carb all brass'ed out

I will post more pics of the stuff I have purchased if you guys and gals are interested let know I am much of a post pics guy but i will share them
thanks JEFF

chkmte
10-05-2020, 10:25 PM
new here from s. florida
most recent project is a 97 paughco hardtail springer w/92 evo 1200 plant. the bike has been sitting for the last 17 years in a garage and never reached 100% completion.
in my garage is a 95 lowrider, 03 softail, and my wifes 07 1300 VTX.

NJaynear
10-05-2020, 11:34 PM
Hi, new member from San Diego. Had several sportbikes in the past. Sold them all and now in search for a shovelhead. Hoping to gain some knowledge from fellow members here and one day contribute back.

RisingSun
10-16-2020, 11:54 PM
Hello, everyone, My name is Mike, I live in Lake Luzerne, NY. A country boy in the mountains. I have been working on/off bikes since the late 80's/early 90's. I am on the Fb page, too. I am looking forward to being here and getting to know everyone and helping when/ where I can, as well as getting help working on my projects. Thank you.

rustiepyles
10-19-2020, 9:26 AM
Not new but I have been gone since 2013, so I'll reintroduce myself. Navy Vet and former full time motorcycle mechanic and MMI grad (2002) living in Mission, KS. Currently working in the highspeed processing and automation industry. Building an XS650 rigid.

92stroker
11-05-2020, 11:12 AM
Hey guys! New guy here from Albuquerque, NM.

Just picked up my first Harley, a '78 FXE, back in July. Got what I thought to be a pretty good deal on it from a bud. Bike was kind of a basket case, and hadn't been running in a few years, but it was complete, and the bones were right. The dude I bought it from had started to swap the fat bobs out for a sporty tank, and never finished the job. When I got ahold of it, there was a sporty tank included, but not mounted, and the dash was still hanging from the harness, but not wired correctly, which is where he had stopped.

Got it running pretty quick, including the necessary fabrication to mount a new ignition switch, the tank, and some seat mounting work.

I'll start a build thread in the appropriate forum with some more details and pics. Work in progress, but it gets me to and from work, and occasionally up the mountain.

PKA80
11-16-2020, 1:52 PM
Hey all, new guy here from Oakland, Ca. I roll a 91 Sportster, my ol' reliable and two projects that I am hoping with some help, can find the direction to go with them.

mikestanley464
11-23-2020, 10:30 AM
Us chest thumpin vegas kids are hosting a pretty sweet cycle swap! it will be held at the oldest bar on the las vegas strip. they have a huge parking lot for anyone and everyone who wants to bring there old parts out and buy,sell, or trade them. it will be the first sunday of every month starting Sept 6th.
There will be no spot fee's. kind

RookNH
11-25-2020, 9:46 AM
Zach From NH aswell! Just joined the page. Great information.

Bloodyknucklesfab
11-25-2020, 9:59 AM
Sup....living in Meridian Idaho. Been building bikes for quite a few years...most recently finished up a bike for the Bonneville salt flats and picked up a 93 sportster that I am currently building. Before these 2 bikes, i have had various japanese bikes and a 75 shovel that i should have never parted with. Here is the current project. Great to be here..love the forum

https://i.ibb.co/fxvKbk9/Resized-20200620-190447-1.jpg (https://ibb.co/crLpP6w)
https://i.ibb.co/zVvsg1q/20201114-170409.jpg (https://ibb.co/234qrwG)

Harleyguy68
11-25-2020, 11:23 PM
New guy here in FL. Currently riding a 09 Dyna Super Glide and thinking of building a bike from scratch with several custom fabrications down to the blinkers.

TexasMudTaco
11-28-2020, 8:43 AM
FNG from Durango Colorado.

My bike spent the first 15 years of its life in Austin. I've been up in the Rockies for a few years, but am just finally getting around to rebuilding it to suit the gravel and dirt roads at 8000'.