PDA

View Full Version : New to the Cult? Intros Go Here...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20

wastedyouth2542
05-19-2014, 5:22 AM
Curtis here, just joined. Totaled an 81' cb650 last year and broke two vertebrae in my back, 17 year old girl "didn't even see him". Looking at my old bike all twisted up was killing me, so I decided to pull out the grinder/welder/plasma cutter and make something cool. I ended up here, hope to share what I build when it's done if I can ever find some 1" x .120w tube.

sparrky
05-19-2014, 7:37 AM
Shannon, Bellevue NE. Steamfitter by trade. I've been riding most of my life, and am finally getting started and have the courage to start chopping one up. Three bikes in the stable, an 08 Super Glide, a 77 Sporty (the one I'm going to chop), and my 02 Suzuki Intruder. The Intruder was my Dad's bike, and I inherited it. I modified it over the winter to make it more "me". It's not a full on chop, but I can pick it out in a parking lot now. Besides, there's only so much I could do with such a big bike. Anyway, I'm gonna hang around and see what ideas I can steal and share...

ROBERTthePAINTER
05-19-2014, 12:44 PM
Hello all

New here, names Robert.

Been riding for 27 years, building just as long. Picked up Pinstriping, gold leaf, airbrushing, and painting/spraying 3 years ago. In NC right now, moving to FL in July. South of Daytona area.

Born in Baltimore MD, searved 13 years in the Army as a Infantryman. Just got out on a medical discharge.

ZachSav
05-20-2014, 12:32 PM
Hey everyone.

Came to introduce myself. My name is Zach, I'm 25 and had my first bike at 18. I rebuilt that after a friend was in an accident with it, but sold it before i ever got to ride it. I just picked up a 92 virago xv750 (i know not the greatest by any means), but i needed to get my legs back and have been riding it for about a month now and have been having a blast on it. I dont know if i want to mod this one much as i plan on getting rid of it for a bike thats easier to modify, but i havent quite made up my mind on that yet.

Either way im in Downingtown, PA and ride just about every day when the weather is clear. Nice to meet you all!

nateb1tattooer
05-20-2014, 3:35 PM
Whats up??? Names Nate, I'm new to riding I just picked up my first bike, it's an '81 xs1100 and I'd like to chop the shit outta it. No real clue what I'm doing. I've done a little bit of fucking around with bikes before but now I really wanna make something fuckin cool. Lookin for guys in the Turlock/ Modesto area to bullshit with and maybe learn a few things.

WHISKEYSHOVEL
05-21-2014, 1:48 AM
Name is Chad. I work in the whisky industry in Bardstown Ky. Ride a ,83flhs.

LawlesscyclesAZ
05-24-2014, 1:56 AM
Hey all, forums are new to me but was turned onto the cult by some friends. My names Travis and I try to build stuff in Phoenix, AZ. Into vintage in general not too particular however I do love big twin. I'm here more or less to shop and help when I can. Don't expect a whole lot of posts from me, try to be too busy to jump on forums. But wanted to try and follow the boards rules and introduce.

79XLSbastard
05-25-2014, 4:42 PM
Hey guys. I'm in East Texas about 60 miles west of Shreveport,La. and 115 miles east of Dallas. Lots of hills and trees and windy roads to disappear on around here. I'm a machiinist by trade in the oilfield biz. I've had my Sporty bastard for 6 years; got it in pieces for a debt. It's been a learning experience, but there's nothin' like seein' something work the way it should after wrenchin' or wiring from scratch. I used to run an abrasive waterjet, so some of the stuff on my bike was cobbled up or designed by me, not bought. It's the only way to go when yer on a budget. Lookin' for a good cylinder head guru to redo my Ironhead heads. I'll be getting the cash to do my top end next week, so here we go on another wrenchin' adventure. My dad's gonna help; he's 74 but he's been riding since before I was born and damn good with a wrench. I'm on here for suggestions , ideas, and good conversation with folks like you all who aren't scared to cut into yer ride to make it your own. Good to be here.

63imp
05-26-2014, 7:14 AM
Hello, Chuck here from the socal high desert. Riding a 94 WG, had various bikes over the years including my pan I redid back in the 70's. Just introduced to this site by my local indy shop.

eboogie
05-27-2014, 11:34 AM
whats up every one im out of san jose cali new to the forum but been fucking with chops and bobs for a while . im Currently building a unit triumph bobber .who's out here in the bay area ?

McGrizzle
05-27-2014, 6:09 PM
Welcome to CC everyone. Cool joint, have fun

JohnnyPS4
05-29-2014, 4:18 AM
Hello everyone, spotted a link on Lowbrow, joined, read the rules and decided yep I've joined the right site!
Anyway, I'm John, 29 from Manchester england, my current money pit is A Triumph T100R desert sled project that I'm having to build up in kit form because I'm poor. my ride is a Triumph T150 that my dad passed down to me.
Figured I'd fit in here better than any owners club or restoration site among more creative people
Edit, I'm using twitter and looks like here to post about the bike, if anyone heres interested my twatter name is the same on here, peace out

KevinN
05-29-2014, 10:27 AM
Hello Cultists, I'm Kevin and just joined up. I'm old, not hip. I've never skateboarded, don't have any flannel shirts or wear Van's and don't know what limpnikie means. I just retired from my real job so I have a lot of time to fuck off. I've had at least one Harley Davidson titled in my name since I was 18 and I'm 60 now. I do some english wheel and other metal shaping and welding and fabrication has been a lifetime hobby. I have several motorcycles, some old and some Evo stuff. I enjoy making parts out of raw material and I'm drawn to boards such as this that promote that kind of work. I live in southern indiana near Louisville,KY. Also working on a '41 International P.U. and trying to make it look good enough for people to quit saying "nice rat rod". Posted a pic of a swing arm bike on that thread that will get hardtailed in the fall with some of those nice retro axle plates. That's about it from me till I start beating some metal into submission.

Pinkie
06-02-2014, 12:22 AM
Krista from Lethbridge, AB. Got into custom at SmokeOut West a few years ago. Have a '99 Shadow Spirit VT1100C at present, I've been riding for 15yrs. I'm a tripper, Cabo San Lucas, Memphis, Juarez City... Wanna hit the east soon. Looking for inspiration to do my own mods, don't wanna just cut a cheque and ride off.

TheDTShow
06-02-2014, 5:42 AM
Hey, I'm Dave. I live in Austin. I got a 98 Vulcan 750 I've been stripping down little by little. You know, the shit you can do without having it down for too long. Anyway, I found out about this place via another message board, and then I found out a coworker is on here as well. He's making a set of struts for me as we speak. I guess that's about it. I'm glad I found this board. I dig talking to folks who don't curl their lip when you tell them you bypassed all the fucking safety switches and threw your horn in the garbage can.

76IronBobb
06-02-2014, 4:34 PM
Anyone from northern Illinois or Southern Wisconsin in here.. I got a 76 ironhead bobber project in working on

RFLgrogg
06-02-2014, 6:03 PM
Guess I'll join in on the fun here before I head over to the tech side... Anyways, I'm Kyle out of Martinsburg, WV. Basically I'm just an all out gearhead. If it sucks in an air/fuel mixture and breathes out fire, my ass is either on it or in it! What caused me to come to the dark side was this old, beat up, stripped down '80 Suzuki GS750E that I bought out of a buds garage... IN BOXES! It was together and hitting the road in about a month. Eventually it turned into a down right nasty asphalt pounding Cafe Racer. Now I'm stuck with this damn Harlet with an S&S P - series that's been nothing but a major pain in the ass since the day I brought that sack of bolts home!

Paris
06-03-2014, 8:29 PM
Hi everyone. Name is Paris. Live in cleveland area. Always been a car guy. Couple of years ago I got a rotted out xs650 and started chopping it and now I'm a bike guy. Unfortunately I had to sell it before I could finish it. Now I got a shovel and life is good again. Thanks for the great site!!!

horsinaround930
06-04-2014, 5:29 PM
Hello, I'm Joel and I have a motorcycle problem.

CISO1969
06-05-2014, 8:29 AM
Exton, PA here. Looking for ideas, tech tips, and just to hang and have some fun with like minded folk.

Lee

JohnnyVonGriz
06-05-2014, 8:45 AM
Hey everyone, newbie here. I kept seeing the ChopCult logo on pretty much every biker blog I checked out, so I figured I'd click the link and sign up. Okbye.

earcandy
06-05-2014, 4:24 PM
Jim from Burlington, NC I'm getting a used 89 883 sportster together (haven't ridden 2 wheels in 20+ years). I usually post stuff to Instagram. I appreciate the info that everyone has posted its been extremely helpful with the path I want to go with my scooter. hope to be able to contribute as well.

Nick81
06-05-2014, 6:05 PM
Nick here from Bloomington Indiana. Been around factory bikes for awhile now, just picked up my first chopper from an old biker. It's a 53 pan on a chopper frame that he bought back in the 70's. Hoping to learn more about choppers on this here site!

BuddhahoodVato
06-05-2014, 6:20 PM
Welcome, nice, nice start.

JaxZilla
06-06-2014, 8:07 AM
From Canada, Eh!

Ridden a sporty ATM, project bike is a old shovel, rigid. Been lurking for a bit, love,love,love the work done on your mutations.

JKGB
06-07-2014, 1:28 PM
Hey everyone, been lurking for a few months and finally got off my ass to register. Ive got a '96 Vulcan hardtail and my daily/distance bike is an '83 cb450. Love following the build threads here! I'm in Channahon IL.

OldOutlawBiker
06-08-2014, 3:10 AM
New kid on the block. Invited by Panhead Dave.

I am. 68 years old, an old retired patchholder, had many bikes, and now terminally ill.

Thanks for letting me join.
LLH&R

Manyfaced
06-08-2014, 8:01 AM
Ny name is Steve riding a 2003 FXDL in gunmetal but I got a list of dream bikes I want.

shaunsparemotherfuckeryeah
06-08-2014, 8:25 AM
Hey guys whats up I'm Shaun and Im a bartending and lifetime albeit new rider. it's been in my families for years. I ride a kawasaki spectre 1100 ltd. doesn't run but i did that for the reason I wanna make it run. eventually have a small shop and keep living life. nice to meet everyone...kinda

0mega
06-08-2014, 12:15 PM
hey everyone.

I'm a 39y old welder from north of Montreal, in la belle province

right now I ride a 1200 Sporty Roadster and I love what some of you guys do to your rides...would love to have extra $$$ to get another Sporty and build it up slowly and nicely

if anyone from north of Montreal wants to ride, hit me up, I prefer the smaller roads over the highway...I know Rockabillphil is not to far (and we do need to hookup for a ride)

later!

garageinc
06-08-2014, 3:41 PM
Hi there, my name is Ron and I'm from the Netherlands. The south to be exact, before people start asking questions about Amsterdam.

I've been visiting this site for some years now and decided it was time to try to contribute some.

I've been riding an '82 Harley Super glide since '98. Also been customizing the bike since then, by now only the engine, gearbox and frame are original.
Besides that bike I also own a '86 883 sportster and a '63 ford Econoline.
The sportster is currently a work in progress to fit it with an old sidecar to take my kids for some rides. My girl rides a '93 1200 sporty that is customized for a sort of bobber look with an old style springer. This bike is now fitted with the sidecar, but is to much hassle to remove it if she wants to ride the bike.

At home i have a small workshop with an cincinatte milling machine and a TOS lathe, unfortunately I can't find enough time to use these as much as I would like.

I hope to be able to contribute something to the forum, and show you guys some stuff from this side of the world.

StrawbellyJam
06-08-2014, 4:25 PM
I've been lurking on here for a while, I got a ton of info and some cool ideas off this site so I decided to finally make an account. I'm working on an 81 XS650 special and I'll try to post some pics when I get a little further along.

AusAndrew
06-09-2014, 12:49 AM
My name's Andrew, from the Gold Coast in Australia. Got my first bike about 18 months ago without knowing anything about them really. It's an 81 ironhead, was running and registered but the day I got it I started taking it apart, then I started an electrical apprenticeship and have since had no money to do anything cool to it. Just gone second year now so have a spare $50 odd a week to put away for it so starting to get motivated again. First thing is sorting a hardtail and I'll go from there.

I'm somewhat mechanically minded, spent a few years playing around with cars so that has helped somewhat but I really don't know what I'm looking at half the time. Think I'll be getting one of the Clymer manuals for it, is there any other books you guys would recommend? I also notice myself just shaking my head in awe of the knowlege some of you guys have about the slight differences between certain models and such and would really love to give myself a bit of an in depth history lesson on the intricacies between models, motors and a decent understanding of what parts would be interchangeable from the earlier stuff onto my bike. Any tips on where to start?

Main thing I'm hoping for out of this bike is to learn a lot, do the majority of work myself on a budget and use it as a stepping stone to getting a shovel or pan down the track but for now I'm happy enough just daydreaming over the quality of work on display around here. Thanks guys.

tjhs10
06-09-2014, 8:40 AM
Decided to sign up I have learned a lot from the site. I got a 74 xl250 trying to make some sort of board track bobber looking thing maybe

invertedcheeses
06-10-2014, 8:17 AM
Hello, my name is Wes and I'm from Asheboro NC. I've got a 1998 fxsts softail springer and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Great site, hoping to learn a lot and contribute.

nosslofiel
06-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Hello, my name is Leif and I'm from Lund, Sweden. That's in the south of Sweden. I run a Yamaha XS1 (XS650) from '71 that was chopped in the early '70's. That's cool since then it still is registered as a '71 which means a lot less of regulations. No speedo, no turn signals, etc.

Lowlyfe
06-12-2014, 10:17 PM
Whaazzz happenin y'all! I'm new to chop cult and am glad I was approved! Been looking from the outside in fo a min! Finally in and hope we all can get along! Hee he!!! I love my Harley and ride every day! She is my only means of transpiration and I love the looks on all the posers, wanna bees and credit card riders when it's 35 degrees but I'm in tha wind! Yea I admit it gets cold as hell and I probably should buy me a beater cage for the cold days but???? NNNNAAAAAAA, that's no fun;) thanks for letting me in and holla at me if ya wanna put em in tha wind?? No bar too far!!! Hell I don't even drink but I'm in!!!

gusval
06-14-2014, 11:48 AM
Hello eberyone
Gustavo Valdez From long Beach Ca
I am 45 years old ,
Biuld and ride Motorcycles,
CnC programer, Machinist, Knife Maker, sheet Metal mechanic
Great Forum!!
See you at The Born-Free show

critch
06-14-2014, 3:25 PM
wotcha, if any body reads this 'ere gubbins. Im critch 43, im from Liverpool in the uk. ride a variety of chops, got an gsw750 inazuma chop, a 600 gsxf streetfighter, a much fooked about with evo softail, a reliant 850 trike project, as well as an old triton and a lowly 400/4 to restore. busy boy me. I brew beer for a living and im part of the national chopper club. found this site about a year ago and was so engrossed by all the blogs I only noticed the forum a month or so ago, and here I am. Ill be posting a few of my bikes and me and my mates builds in good time. salutations one and all

bobber74
06-15-2014, 5:08 AM
hi guys, my name is george and i live in greece. just sold my knucklehead but trying to get my hands on a generator shovel. also building a sporty bobber right now.

MoeBiggsly
06-15-2014, 7:04 AM
Hey, I'm john. I'm a cancer, I like long walks on the beach and fuzzy sweaters. Working on a '66 TR6C hardtail. Anyone in Northern Virginia/DC, shoot me a note.

HebrewHammer666
06-16-2014, 1:43 PM
Hey y'all,
My names Robb. From the central jersey/ new brunswick area.
Just got my first bike. 98 FXD super glide. currently pretty much stock with a list of shit i want to do to it.
First time on a bike...been on it about a month or so. Immediately caught the bug!
I'm a tattooist by trade...but i fuck with anything i can get my hands on. Leather work, wood burning, glass etching, and more recently shitty attempts at sign painting.
I'm not mechanically inclined although i wish i was. Absorbing any info i can.
Anyway just wanted to drop in here and say whatsup. If you're in the jersey area and down to ride give a holler!
Cheers!

Schloemtech00
06-17-2014, 2:02 PM
49025Hey guys I've been creepin around for a while and decided to pop in. Anyway I'm Clinton and I'm from upstate NY anyone from close buy feel free to buy the first beer. Oh yeah I'm not sure I know how to post a photo but if there's one here it's of the turd I'm currently toolin with.

Goofin
06-17-2014, 5:01 PM
Dave here, located in central pa. have most needed tools including small lathe and mill. built 1 bike and helped with many others. next victim is my 75 xlh basketcase

fishparts2003
06-19-2014, 6:25 AM
New from the northeast, found this site by chance. I already picked up a couple new tricks rollin through old posts. Into bikes of all kinds, looking for a project right now. Got an itch to build a cafe bike these days. Thanks for having me here, Ethan

square1
06-22-2014, 8:31 AM
49128hello this is my 77 fx rigid

iHaQtiv8
06-22-2014, 4:03 PM
How-d. New cultist with a new build. Never paid more than $100 for a bike and never had one "in the shop". Past bikes include 78 gl1000, 81 xs1100, 2002 gs500f, and a few dirts. Currently bobbing an 83 gs550l... will post pics up in japaneasey section.

JoeFLHX
06-23-2014, 5:30 AM
Joe from Kissimmee, been riden and renchn for decades. Lookn to do some mods on the wifes sporty 1200N lead me here......

Godthrilla
06-24-2014, 9:58 AM
'Sup? I'm new to the biker game (like newborn, new) but with a little luck and some elbow grease I look forward to being part of chopper underworld. Look for me on the road someday soon.

erikmustride
06-24-2014, 11:10 AM
Names Erik. I'm in OKC, OK. Mostly deal with british bikes, but, just recently got an old shovelhead and been playing with that

Agross
06-24-2014, 4:43 PM
Hello my name is Andy. Stumbled across this site looking for a helmet. Lots of great info here .

KeystoneHate
06-25-2014, 5:29 AM
Name's Luke. Stationed in Portugal, active duty USAF, going to Colorado Springs this september. Just got it laid on me that my pop is giving me his 1960 FLH Panhead when I get back to the states. Been dreaming of this bike since I was 6 years old. The Panhead has been sitting in his garage for about 24 years so I have my work cut out for me. I am not new to riding and I am mechanically inclined but I am new to the world of building and working on HDs. I am gonna do this right the first time to honor my dad and make his bike my own. Thanks in advance for all the help I will most likely receive from you all. And I apologize in advance for the fucking newb questions I will undoubtably be posting over the time of building this bike. Look forward to the wealth of knowledge you can all provide to this newbie.

Trikeopath
06-25-2014, 12:36 PM
Hey, I'm new to the forum. Been looking around the site for some inspiration for future projects.
I'm currently building an original 1976 Hardtail CB750, 1991 Sportster Chopper, VTR1000 Chopper, 1340 Evo Chopper and a 1966 T120 Bonneville.

MisterShai
06-26-2014, 2:33 AM
What's up everyone, I'm (obviously) new to the forum. Chillin (poor choice of words) in southern Arizona, I ride whatever I can afford at the time, which right now happens to be a blacked out vn750 bobber which I lovingly refer to as HDP (Harley Down Payment). I'm not a seasoned rider, but I push pavement just fine, and I'd like to get a bit more into the wrenching side of things. Here's to the wonders of the intra webs, cus knowledge is power!

AmmoChik
06-26-2014, 8:01 AM
Whats up. Name is Veronica stationed in the 'Sippi with the Army. Been creeping on this site and finally bit the bullet and joined. Basically I like the "mood" of the board and the bs that I see. This young grasshopper is ready to learn and look forward to chatting with yall. With that being said I have an old suzuki gn250 (dont laugh) that is my first project and so far so good, I have given if life, so made it that far...

Texmark
06-26-2014, 9:10 AM
New member to the forum but, I've been a lurker for a while.
Lot's of years on Pans and Shovels - - - I'll help however I can.
Learned of this place from the Shovel.US forum.
I'm in the DFW fuster cluck !!

HollieR
06-26-2014, 10:20 AM
Herro
I live in Vegas currently in del mar. Looking for someone to ride to born free with. Any one in the area riding out? Planning on partying Friday & going Saturday. Any takers? Pm me! - Hollie

Godthrilla
06-26-2014, 9:57 PM
Hello. I've been roaming around this website and the classifieds or a few days but didn't bother starting off with an intro for myself. I live in the TN valley and for about the better part of a year I've been getting the motorcycle itch. A couple of friends of mine back in high school and afterwards had bikes and a co-worker or two are riders but there hasn't been a real influence on me to feel the need to ride except perhaps starting something new which could enhance my life from now on.

Choppers are what I'm really into but it didn't start out that way. At first, it was just to have something I could putt around town in like those bikes sold by Cleveland Cycle Werks but the size and flare of the bike I want has been growing ever since until I'm not at the stage where I want to build my own chopper. A sort of learn as you go experience. This course has a LOT of pitfalls, I know, but it seems very exciting to me and maybe even a bit uncharacteristic which is okay with me because if you knew me you'd say I wasn't a very exciting person which is okay because I would be the first to tell you that myself.

Anyway, one possible pitfall I have discovered while looking at many ads on this website is the apparent need for something to be titled. Yes, I know that all vehicles need to be titled but if the frame of the bike is custom, it didn't occur to me that there may be a need for it, too, needed to be titled; or am I wrong? Would the aftermarket frame need to be titled too along with a title for the engine? This matter is not something I want to get entangled in with the local government. Perhaps it's with them I should bring this matter up with first but since I was here spilling my guts I thought I would post the question to the many, many custom bike experts out there. Especially if you are I the TN valley like me.

Thanks.

Paris
06-28-2014, 9:51 PM
Welcome. I'm talking about the title and only through my experience in Ohio. I bike needs a title to get plates. In ohio there r no state inspections or emission checks on bikes. So. If u buy a bike with an Ohio title and have it registered in Ohio no one ever looks at the bike. U could buy any old bike with title. Get plates and put them on ur custom and as long as the cop tat pulls u over doesn't know about bikes u won't have a prob. Now that's not for every one. Solutions. By a frame and title cut off the neck and use that to title ur bike. Also. U could get a whole engine or case with title. I've never done it so everything on this option is hearsay and some states are better than others. U can get a title for a custom. In Ohio ( remember I've never done) u need a state inspection by the highway patrol. And I'm told it needs all lights and reflectors and exhaust has to be as quiet as a new bike. And insurance is higher on a custom title. In short. Get a title for a frame or engine to build ur bike around

4doora
06-30-2014, 6:37 PM
Hey folks. I'm RJ. This website has been an awesome inspiration. I've been lurking for a while, but I figured I might as well introduce myself. I'm a lover of small bikes, mostly japanese. Lots of vintage mopeds, with pedals. I'm building a custom honda 90 chopper at the moment. Can't wait to get it on the road... at the pace I'm going I should have it ready just in time... to be put away for the winter...:banghead:

LinkBelt
06-30-2014, 6:51 PM
Hey folks. I'm RJ. This website has been an awesome inspiration. I've been lurking for a while, but I figured I might as well introduce myself. I'm a lover of small bikes, mostly japanese. Lots of vintage mopeds, with pedals. I'm building a custom honda 90 chopper at the moment. Can't wait to get it on the road... at the pace I'm going I should have it ready just in time... to be put away for the winter...:banghead:

Welcome 4doora, I cut my teeth on a Honda 90 at about the age of 10. I ran over everything in my way including a toilet.

ctsquid
07-04-2014, 11:36 PM
http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y431/steven4010/IMG_20140701_200603681_HDR_zps26169f78.jpg (http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/steven4010/media/IMG_20140701_200603681_HDR_zps26169f78.jpg.html)

Bought this pile of crap yesterday for 200 bucks. First bike, should be a fun project.

NoClass
07-07-2014, 2:23 PM
hey names Cory i live in Portland I've been lurking on this website for a long time when i was building my cb750 lots of inspiration and pointers. i just picked up a 71 ironhead and thought what the hell may as well join

DrunkenSailor
07-07-2014, 11:53 PM
I'm a SoCal degenerate lowlife in the LA/OC area. Had a 1980 GS1000S and decided I wanted to chop somthing up so I took a 09 Shadow, started the slicing and dicing, and got told about the site from a cool random I met in Long Beach. If you're in the area and want to ride hit me up, or if you see my bike around, stop by and say hello.

ctfxr3
07-08-2014, 6:57 AM
New around here home is CT but always bouncing around NYC or Boston. Was a lurker for a while but picked up an '88 FXRS and hopped on board. Have had a collection of various bikes over the last few years, most recently a bobbed '05 sporty(sold), '97 fatboy, and my main bitch '02 fxsts with a few goodies. Plans for the FXRS are black burly slammers, black t-bars, 1/4 fairing, and black heat wrap until I can find a decent deal on a thunderheader. Already painted the tins jet black from a butt ugly Bud Light themed paint job the previous owner had on there.

NCK
07-08-2014, 10:23 AM
Hello, my name is Kevin, 23 years old, I ride a sportster 883 1991 slightly changed, and my daily bike is a 1400 intruder 4 speed

zero12381
07-10-2014, 12:07 AM
Hey guys and girls. My name is Zechariah and i joined the site a little while ago. I've been hanging back trying to feel out the way things work, but I wanted to be respectful and introduce myself.

Currently i don't have a bike. I work as an in home health caretaker, and don't make a lot of cash.

In the past i've had two Sportsters (1 Ironhead, 1 Evo), a Nightrod (sold because it was to expensive) and a 79 Honda B650 was my first road bike (and a couple dirt bikes).

I grew up riding, and lived in between Kansas, Texas and Daytona Florida. Now I live in Vegas, and don't get to ride very often. Only a few times a month when a buddy loans me his old junker.

That's probably more than anyone cares to know. Anything else, please feel free to ask.

Thanks fellas

75xlch
07-13-2014, 7:40 AM
Whats up CC my name is Cameron i live up in the PNW Port angeles, WA, new member but been reading threads on CC for awhile, learning or getting little pointers where i can and i guess its time to join to throw my 2 cents in here and there.

i have a 75 ironhead, hardtailed and bobbed and its an on going project of course, and i will make up a thread of the build of course.

before the ironhead i had a 2001 evo hardtailed and chopped but it was a little to flashy for me and i didnt build it, kinda like wearin someone elses pants it just didnt fit me. i love ironheads and the bobber look thats more me i guess.

i had a cbr1000rr for a minute but those bikes are for the birds. dont really care for them. anyway any questions just ask.

twitch99xl
07-13-2014, 8:35 AM
names keith south florida reside started riding a little over a year ago and tore my stock sportster apart within that time just enjoy doing stuff myself cheap and learning at the same time 99 sportster is my current ride might trade my brother for his ironhead as im dying to do a rigid

graniteshins44
07-16-2014, 12:20 PM
hey everyone, looks like some knowledgeable folks around here.

just starting on a '68 T120 Trump chop. going out in full 60's-70's chopper styling, rigid frame, a little rake, metal flake paint, king/queen seat, tall sissy bar....the usual recipe. btw, if anyone has a non-oif T120 front loop, then please hit me up!

also, is this forum similar to Jockey Journal, in that you can't post to the "classifieds" section until you have "X" number of posts on the boards?

jaysinet
07-21-2014, 8:57 AM
Hey what's up guys. This is Jay from Iowa. I am currently building a Kraft Tech Sportster bobber from the ground up. Been learning a lot on here so figured it made sense to get on board. Will prob have some questions about putting this thing together.

chaser17
07-21-2014, 7:08 PM
Hey everyone, im new to the forum and to motorcycles all together. im about to begin my first bobber build so im going to be on here alot for advice. I ve been able to work on/ride anything with a motor and I love it so im hoping i will have the same experience getting into motorcycles....Looking around for frames or rollers in the CA area to start my build. if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

sdsbassist
07-23-2014, 7:58 AM
Been lurking, posting, using the classifieds...thought i'd do this officially...

Been riding since I was about 14, all Jap bikes until this spring when I picked up a 71 Ironhead kicker project. On the road and going now and smiling from ear to ear and always looking for an excuse to put on more miles.

Here's a write up of my project: http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?t=1789587

I live in Minnesota, so riding season is over half way through :)

Have 4 kids and a tolerant wife who is supportive of my motorcycle hobby. The black Ironhead has already earned the nickname from her: The Mistress.

AndyNZ
07-26-2014, 8:29 PM
Hi Guys, my names Andy and im from Christchurch, New Zealand. im 26 and am a mechanical engineer/machinist by trade working in the fluid power industry. Mainly do ground up design and build of anything hydraulic powered, such as gold trommels, power packs, excavator gear etc.

Have ridden dirt bikes most of my life and was building up a T100, ended up selling of as it was too much of a basket case and i didnt have the time. I kept a custom springer i fabricated for it though.

Im currently looking to import a shovelhead into NZ, which is going to cost a bucket load but its very exciting.

Thanks

elhefa
07-27-2014, 9:37 AM
New here!! (well not really, just first couple of post recently) Have an 87' Savage...well that's what the neck tube says anyway!!!! Lots of good info here, learned a lot from just scouring boards. It's my first build and it's taken a bit of time to get it going, but finally just jumped in!!! Going with old school skinny bobber style rigid and will definitely be asking a lot of questions!!

Glad to be here, Thanks!!!!

casshoude
07-27-2014, 5:46 PM
Hi folks!! I'm Cas and from northern Ontario! Just starting out on an '83 Suzuki gs550L and in the process of a re-build :) Love this site and can't wait to info-gain from every one here!!! Cheers!

SgtJR87
07-27-2014, 9:57 PM
Hey guys I'm from Maryland and I've got a sportster that I've been working on to get back on the road. It's been garaged while I was away for a few years and now that I'm back I can't wait to get it up and running again. Once I do I'll post some pics of it.

chetmotox
07-28-2014, 7:53 AM
Hey guys, I'm new here but not new to bikes. I am from northern Montana and just a youngin' at 24. I was big into motocross and dirt bikes(still sorta am) but I got my first street bike as a high school graduation gift. Its a Yamaha Maxim 400. When I got it, it was bone stock with some thrown together windshield that wasn't straight at all. I've always loved bobbers and choppers and never cared for the fairing so it was off the bike within a week. The exhaust note sucked so soon the mufflers were chopped. Later, I decided I didn't care for how small the bike felt to me (I'm 6' 4" and over 200) so I added to the frame and forward controls. Then took off the stock headlight, gauges, bars, controls, fenders, air box, etc. and put on a broomstick drag bar, new controls, phone holder(for gauges), new dual headlight, and new exposed filters. Its far from done but I can ride it as is right now. Here she is guys and I'll catch you all around the forums!
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y417/chetmotox/2012-07-05_20-43-00_292_zps49c1958c.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/chetmotox/media/2012-07-05_20-43-00_292_zps49c1958c.jpg.html)

JesterXs650
07-28-2014, 10:49 AM
Been stalking chop cult for a few years just reading threads and looking at sweet pics. Finally decided to join and actually get involved. This is one of the best sites I've seen and I hope to contribute with my pics and some build threads.

Jesse

gooseneck
07-28-2014, 11:40 AM
Newbie from the uk, got a sporty engined chop, a 750 sohc chop, & a few other bikes, thought i would poke my nose up on here, so hi from Geoff.

mark83
07-28-2014, 3:44 PM
What's good? From Los Angeles. Crashed my vlx 600 in May. Taxi made u turn and I locked my brakes and ate shit. I'm rebuilding as a I get coin to do so. So while she is down I am ripping out unwanted shit and stealing yalls creative visions for my own deviant purposes. So the battery and R/R are being relocated, getting rid of the possibly blue collar bobber seat bracket, gonna chop more butt of the rear, and have a dude weld the seat springs to the frame, or something... Thanks for the resources here.

tomsoftail
07-28-2014, 5:58 PM
Hello,

new to the forum and I am happy to be here. I like a lot of the threads here and the general attitude here, nobody gets slammed for having anything but a shovel, pan or knucklehead. I know some of ya like the flatties too.

tomsoftail
07-28-2014, 5:59 PM
Hello,

new to the forum and I am happy to be here. I like a lot of the threads here and the general attitude here, nobody gets slammed for having anything but a shovel, pan or knucklehead. I know some of ya like the flatties too.
oh yeah,

i live in essex county of the people's republic of massachusetts

KevinK121
07-28-2014, 7:55 PM
Hello,

New guy checking in from MN

Just picked up this 82 KZ550

Love it so far but it needs a bit of work yet. Gonna attempt to clean the carbs and get em synced for starters. Probably check the plugs to see how they are too whil Im at it. But beyond that I dont even really know where to go for giving it a tune up.

The bad that needs fixing
-Speedo needle broke on the previous owner so thatll need repair Im going to open it up and hope to fix it myself
-Tach is so bouncy I have no clue where rpm is even remotely.
-Idles pretty bad and backfires under heavy load

When that is taken care of Im going to hopefully have a better idea of how Id like to set about customizing the bike

Plans that are still at the drawing board:

-Bring the forks down a bit and cut/cap the tops
-Find a comfy and cheap solo seat
-Cut off all unnecessary frame off of the back and possibly try to lower the seat position(Im 6"3')
-Move the foot pegs and controls forward a bit to accomodate the seat position
- Probably a bit of paint and heat wrap

Im not really sure what else at the moment. I dont know what to call the style as Im not sure it really fits in to the overly-used watered-down title as a "bobber" (and seeing as I want to keep the swing arm suspension) or if it would really look too retro crotch rocketish like a "street fighter" but I have a look in mind. Ill try to find a reference pic of the virago that is inspiring my idea.

72Lou
07-28-2014, 10:29 PM
Hi guys! New to the scene. Just got a 72 Ironhead and loving every damn second of it!

I am from Costa Mesa, CA and looking for groups to ride with.

Xilo
07-30-2014, 6:53 PM
I've been junkpiling, but as I broaden out, I should introduce myself I spose.

I'm from central coast california, been on bikes since I was about 13. Bought my first harley (05 sportster xlc 1200) about a year ago, and at the point where I want to do something different with it. Love so many of the oldschool choppers I see people around here making, and I wanna get onboard with my bike. No mechanical skill or experience really, I just like to ride the thing. I'll be bugging people who have been around the block a bit more for sure.
If anybody local wants to ride, or has some experience with building and welding, or can just help lead me in the right direction, hit me up. It would be much appreciated of course, and I can supply the beer!

oldmxer
07-30-2014, 7:24 PM

From Livermore CA, shoot me a pm if you want to hook up.

Kmmartin86
08-01-2014, 5:39 PM
Hello all, name is Kyle. now when I say I am a NEWB... I mean I just got my first bike, 2011 honda phantom, a few moths ago. I've always wanted a bike but military life and always being gone i just couldn't. I've always loved choppers and bobbers and once I move back to Cali from dc in a few months I plan on putting some work into the phantom and hopefully building another from scratch. Looking forward to becoming a part of the cult!

Emptyroads
08-03-2014, 4:03 AM
Hi, I've been lurking on Chopcult for a good while now (even got the t-shirt) and thought it was about time i joined up. At the rebuild stage on a 650 Honda flat tracker at the minute. Should be on the road in a couple of months if I pull my finger out.
Likes - bikes by BCM, Heiwa, vintage flat trackers, people with hand skills and the shared wisdom of Chopcult.
Dislikes - politicians, bureaucrats, pen-pushers, arseholes and treading in dog shit.

Phil (England)

flint
08-03-2014, 8:16 AM
Hey all, I'm new here.. Layed down my '05 XL1200 last week. Gotta fix the bike up, so I decided I'd do some cool stuff to it. I'll post a before pic soon. Thanks all…….

orbit
08-03-2014, 8:55 AM
Been lurkin' a while, signed up recently.

Current ride is a mildly hot-rodded '06 FLHTP.

Here to read and learn.

hollywood86
08-04-2014, 10:05 AM
Hay guys hows it going. Names Daniel. im front the boyle hights area. iv been a fan of motorcycles for some time, and been lurking this site for some time.i just picked up a 78 kz650 cafe style. needs a bunch of little things here and there, but im happy with it. my plans for it are to make it in to a hard tail different tank and some spoke wheels .

brainno11
08-04-2014, 2:26 PM
Hey : From Santa Rosa CA. , How much $ does it cost to sell at the Sacto Swap meet this week end?

DeadSeaGulls
08-05-2014, 1:38 PM
I'm Crosby.
31. Salt Lake City.
started on a 1965 honda cb77. Several bikes later, I'm now on a 1993 FXR.
We got a good group that take motorbike camping trips. lots of dirt roads and getting wild.
Went to school for painting. Currently putting that to use on custom painted helmets; no psychedelic masking or metal flake, just hand painting/airbrushing fucked up shit and calling it art.
My FXR is fairly new to me and needs some shit done to it to make it mine, but here it is. https://38.media.tumblr.com/1cd0d7aadbbd1d39ceb52293a13bc1b1/tumblr_n9talytSkl1r6222bo1_1280.jpg

freecountry420
08-06-2014, 7:49 PM
Hey just wanted to say whats up im new here and i am takeing all the cool threads in thanks for this awsome site

triumphbruce
08-07-2014, 10:38 AM
triumphbruce here I ride a 73 shovel with the normal changes/mods
also have a 57 triumph bobbed back in the day
and a 79 shovel just hard tailed by fab kevin and just starting build
will try to put up build threads in the proper places

biker85
08-07-2014, 2:55 PM
Hello all new here from western pa here to learn more about choppers

82ironwig
08-12-2014, 2:26 PM
sorry a little late guys. I'm tyler from the capitol of louisiana navy vet. new to bikes bought an 82 iron head been building it up for a few months now!

knuckleworks
08-12-2014, 2:56 PM
hi,Janne is my name,swedish workaholic,starting new life as a tercher in bodywork and sheeetmetal work as body has been worn out,former inustry tech/maintenance guy,self employed and car mechanic for many years :)

BuddhahoodVato
08-12-2014, 3:02 PM
Welcome to the Cult, Sweden, long way. Bien venidos

rhino789
08-12-2014, 9:55 PM
So, I guess I've never officially introduced myself. Hell I've never posted! I'm from Butler, been around bikes forever. I live in Ellwood City now. (Pittsburgh area for the non western pa folks) I've lurked awhile, quietly became a member and, now finally ... posting! I spent some time in the Army, work in a foundry now. Between work, the family, and friends; I love putting on some miles. Currently running an 1100 v star. Long term goal is a 1950 panhead. It's a collection of parts that was never intended to make a whole motorcycle. For one reason or another, I like to get it close to road worthy, then tear it apart and start over. Eventually it'll be the bike in my head, but in the meantime it's just a pile, mocking me every time I'm in the garage...and that fucker's laughing hard tonight.

08-15-2014, 4:30 AM
Hi together,

here´s Butcher from Germany http://www.ftwgermany.blogspot.com again.

I´m doin´my little Chopperparty http://www.1000-hills-run.blogspot.com on the 13th and 14th of September this year:

And this is my bike

Cheers

Butcher

MRJAYPEE
08-15-2014, 10:52 AM
Hey all...new to the forum. I'm from the SF Bay Area. Just completed my '91 Springer Softail build.

http://s26.postimg.org/qx0dt99eh/photo.jpg

Nokturnas
08-15-2014, 12:13 PM
Greetings from Ottawa, Canada everyone. I am a new rider with a 1999 V-Star Custom 1100. My chop starts next week, went with Blue Collar Bobbers in Utah (they are amazing!) got the full kit: rear shorty fender / springer seat / front back black bullet turn signals / horizontal mount licence plate / 1932 Ford brake light. Plan on blacking out the bike (properly not the plastidip that's on it now) and finishing it off with some Dunlop K177 & K555 Whitewalls.(front & rear) Should be fun!! Will post the 'after' pics.

Glad to be here!! Cheers! Happy riding!

Chris 'Nokturnas'

mct
08-16-2014, 9:27 PM
Hello. Just traveled from VA to NM on my '03 Sporty XLH1200. I'm really new to motos and really went out on a whim with this trip. It was a blast though and I'm looking forward to learning how to live traveling around with only a bike. And maybe learn something about how it works.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-QKt2eFDkDJk/U-A0Bx-0lpI/AAAAAAAABlc/HmQFSBX3Eb0/s320/photo-13.JPG

bayko
08-18-2014, 2:08 AM
Hey, my names Max. From Vancouver Canada, just started riding a couple months ago. Had a stock 82 honda cm250, got bored of that quick and sold it yesterday. Currently hunting for a good bobber project to start.

408Fairmont
08-18-2014, 4:40 AM
What up yall, I found this site through choppertown videos on youtube. I figured I better do an intro first. I have just picked up a 1968 Triumph Chopper. It seems to have been built back in the day. It came with a hardtail and a few extra parts. Im not a big fan of the fender, but I m not sure if I am going to change anything or use the hard tail or not, I really like how vintage the bike looks and I dont want to fuck it up. So for now I am just going to be cleaning up the wiring, and getting it road worthy.
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd242/Revolution909/IMG_0300_zpsead4057a.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/Revolution909/media/IMG_0300_zpsead4057a.jpg.html)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd242/Revolution909/IMG_0307_zps94c73dea.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/Revolution909/media/IMG_0307_zps94c73dea.jpg.html)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd242/Revolution909/IMG_0289_zps764ebdbd.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/Revolution909/media/IMG_0289_zps764ebdbd.jpg.html)

Sportster06
08-18-2014, 7:37 PM
Hey guys my names Travis new to the forum from FL.

TKPbikey
08-19-2014, 12:26 AM
Long time lurker, first time poster. 9 years USMC then got out and moved to Wrightwood, CA to become a mountain man. I have an hardtail evo Sporty with an AMF tank because I dont give a doodoo about period-correct. I dont have any good pics:

Rollinstock
08-19-2014, 12:08 PM
Good afternoon Chop Cult and forum members. Newbie here from London, UK.
Recently purchased an almost stock 74' Ironhead.... Let the tweaking begin!

lilbilly666
08-19-2014, 4:32 PM
Signed up a bit ago and have just been lurking. I don't know a thing about cycles, but have always loved them...and been afraid to get on one. Not quite sure what I'll fit on since I'm kinda small, but I guess I'll get to that eventually. Just woke up one day at age 30, and decided I didn't want to wait anymore after saying for years that I'd get one in my 20s. So now I'm just saving up for one. Long time background in cars. Not sure what else to say, other than I'll be the one asking all the dumb questions. Oh and I'm from the Atlanta area.

JPCHAOS
08-20-2014, 7:54 AM
Hey from n.Idaho. been prowlin on here for a wile. Well figured I'd drop an intro. I've got a 1980 xs1100 I'm building. I've built a few streetfighters but after the last one and a lil soul searching it dawned on me I was just taking crotch rockets and building bobbers. Lol. So I picked up the xs and I'm gonna do this shit up legit. I'll start a build thread for her a lil later.

Tripleduece
08-20-2014, 6:56 PM
Another fng..
It's been a looong time since I've been on two,but jumping back with a build. Ready to see what I can conjure up and mix with four wheel flavor. I've been messing with traditional hotrods and kustoms for years in limbo. Here to snag some good info and maybe swap some parts...

Screws21211
08-24-2014, 12:25 PM
Hello. I'm Sam, and I hail from Baltimore. I'm a fireman by trade, and like most, ride and work on bikes in my spare time. I share a small shop space in Hampden with a good friend. I've followed Chopcult for a while but am not much of a forum guy. I decided to join the forum because I'm about to sell my 06 Bonneville T-100 to finance a 1952 Panhead build. I was fortunate to win the motor earlier in the year from the folks at Born Free. I've just now begun to look for the rest of the bike, piece by piece. I intend to have the thing running and ready for Born Free 7.

I hope to share as much as I learn here; thanks Chopcult for hosting such a thing.

-Sam

Tattooo
08-24-2014, 7:53 PM
I don't think I've done an intro so here it is!!!!!!!

How the hell is everyone????

NoGodsNoMasters
08-25-2014, 9:01 AM
FNG from Vegas, spent the last 10 years breaking more bikes than finished, time to get an education in chopper godhood from the internet experts on what is hipster enough. Current build is a 1972 Ironhead 4" up 0" out and ~40 deg rake (couldn't find an angle finder that day) with a bolt on hardtail cut up and welded on. Looking for an engine builder in Vegas to make this thing as reliable as possible. Daily ride is a lightly modified 2007 Triumph Bonneville black.

:: No Gods, No Masters

SparkPlug678
08-25-2014, 8:44 PM
What's up fellas?

Great forum you cats have here, some great looking bikes. I've been around these things for a while, currently on my second FXR. Looking forward to some good 'old build fun around here.

Malc63
08-27-2014, 2:08 AM
Hello. I'm Malcolm, from the north-east of Scotland, but now living in the south-east of London. Ride an 07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900. Love this site for the inspiration and entertainment.

VanBreezy
08-28-2014, 12:06 AM
Hey guys, big fan of this site and the community. Currently I'm living in Portland, OR and with summer coming to an end I've started stockpiling ideas for putting my 2010 Sportster 48 under the knife. I'll be sure to start up a thread as soon as I start chopping, cheers.

rumblebelly
08-29-2014, 6:35 PM
Hi everyone. New member living in las vegas. I was wondering if you guys still have that bike swap the first sunday of every month

dirtdawg806
08-29-2014, 7:59 PM
Been on awhile but haven't posted much. Working on a cb750 right now. Got a virago chopped been doing as well but on back burner till the cb750 is done. Check out the pictures and tell me what u think

Youngblood57
08-30-2014, 9:11 AM
What's up. Surfed the site on and off for years. The older I get the more I like Sportsters. Have a 2009 now as a daily. Also been really looking at dirt bike choppers lately. I have a 77 Yamaha XT500 that is going to be my project.

Keepin' it dirty in Memphis
Youngblood

aofarrell2
08-30-2014, 10:43 AM
Came across this site because of a link from Pirate about some drama over here that occured last year and I gotta say it was great...

Any rate I don't have a chopper/'cycle but I've always been fascinated by the engines they got. So I'll lurk around here and mebbe ask a question or two...

Einherji
08-30-2014, 5:58 PM
Hey all, I'm Rob, a professional itinerant. I picked up a basket case 1971 Bonneville a few years ago and have finally planted myself long enough (in western Kentucky this time) to start work on her. This will be my first time out rebuilding a vehicle, much less a bike; I'll be documenting the build as I go along and asking more than my fair share of questions along the way.

rattletrap1970
08-31-2014, 5:38 AM
Hello all.
Glad to be here. Well... I bought a house up here in T-Town (Torrington, CT) and been here for about 18 years. Bought my first bike in 1997 (Kawasaki Vulcan 500).

About 5 years later I bought a 1978 FXS that someone tried to make look like an FL. They blew the motor and transmission apart and it was half-lifing into their lawn. I initially sent the motor to Dragon Man in Colorado and after he completely screwed it up beyond comprehension I had an actual reputable garage re-rebuild it. ( I had a big write up on here about the whole fiasco). It's been on the road for about 10 years.

The bike now sports"
S&S Big bore jugs +.040
S&S dual plug super stock heads
S&S Oil Pump
J&E Forged 10.5:1 pistons w/ Total seal rings
Carrillo rods
S&S super E w/bombsight
Leineweber L3S cam
Jims Roller Rockers
Crane Hi-4 ignition
2 Dyna dual tower coils
BDL 3" Open Belt
Rev-Tech 4 speed w/kicker

I just stripped it to the frame to do something interesting and different with it. This time around it will be all satin black with as much brass as I can shoehorn in.

I work as a Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer, so I do a lot of custom designs for motorcycles and competition shooting. I work on solidworks. I also do gunsmithing, rust bluing, niter bluing, and Type II Aluminum anodizing. If I can be of any assistance please let me know although my area of expertise is primarily shovelheads.

This is how I bought it:
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac51/rattletrap1970/Bike/Bike-Original-02.jpg (http://s885.photobucket.com/user/rattletrap1970/media/Bike/Bike-Original-02.jpg.html)

This was 5 months later:
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac51/rattletrap1970/Bike/Rattletrap-01.jpg (http://s885.photobucket.com/user/rattletrap1970/media/Bike/Rattletrap-01.jpg.html)

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac51/rattletrap1970/Bike/IMG_0167_zps806bf567.jpg (http://s885.photobucket.com/user/rattletrap1970/media/Bike/IMG_0167_zps806bf567.jpg.html)
The next one will be all different.

dannyo1975
09-02-2014, 12:33 PM
Hello all!! Just acquired a 1975 Superglide FXE and know very little about these old bikes. Heard this was a good place to come to. Here's a few pics.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l490/briarrabbitt1234/2014-08-31191654.jpg (http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/briarrabbitt1234/media/2014-08-31191654.jpg.html)

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l490/briarrabbitt1234/2014-09-01094955.jpg (http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/briarrabbitt1234/media/2014-09-01094955.jpg.html)

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l490/briarrabbitt1234/2014-09-01083117.jpg (http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/briarrabbitt1234/media/2014-09-01083117.jpg.html)

snotty1250
09-02-2014, 6:07 PM
Hey guys.

Been hanging around for a good while and finally joined up and started posting. Been wrenching on stuff that goes vroom forever, bikes, cars, boats, you name it. Did some trading for this Flyrite framed Sporty and I've been making it mine. It was a pretty decent compilation of parts but the execution left some to be desired. I'll just keep hanging out and learnin from you guys!

Here's a pic after changing a ton of stuff, seat, bars, new lights, chopping fender, etc...

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb246/blown84gt/Mobile%20Uploads/Snotty5.jpg

dirtwolf
09-03-2014, 7:12 AM
Morning ChopCult,

I'm a long time enthusiast and new rider. Currently searching for a first bike of my own. Have a few options, all of which are bobbed out (my prefered styling). Any input is welcomed and if you're in the Philly area and want to grab a beer lemme know.

Wolfie
09-03-2014, 11:55 PM
Hay Foot...seen ya signed....Im real sick past 3 days, but had ta welcome ya........

JuanCarlito
09-06-2014, 1:55 AM
LOST & LOVIN IT!

Hows it going everyone. Names Juan and I live near Prince George,BC,Canada. I have a thread started that has a more in detail intro to myself as well as an intro to my first ever motorcycle build. Its a 1979 Honda CB650 that I am going to attempt to turn into a bobber project . . . Link to the full thread is below,but here is a couple lines from the post just because….

"I am new to . . . well to all of this. New to motorcycles, new to mechanics in general, new to the site and new to the whole motorcycle community and culture that surrounds it. And, in short . . ."

"I called the thread "Lost & Lovin' it!' quite simply because most days I have no clue what I am doing or how something is going to turn out…"

"...through a local classifieds that I was looking for a "project bike…year,make,model don't matter to me.Just want something to teach myself the ins and outs of motorcycles…." Well as you can imagine the response I got was something along the lines of…."

Hope to talk to many of you along the way!
Check out my thread below
http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38818&p=623012#post623012

KZjockey
09-07-2014, 2:19 AM
Greetings ChopCult! Young guy from the I.E. here. Currently in the process of relocating to yucaipa area for work. Also in the murrieta/temecula area often. I've been lurking on chopcult over my old mans shoulder for years, got serious about my own builds and realized i needed to be plugged in to the community, and everyone knows that's right here! I ride a 2002 kawasaki KZ1000P, fairly stripped down and chopped out, working my way up to a harley with zero spare cash haha. always looking for new friends to ride with, anyone in the yucaipa/redlands/loma linda area hit me up

Mungface78
09-07-2014, 9:37 AM
Hey guys! Names Preston. I'm from FL, I soon will be getting a Suzuki Savage as my first bike project! I hope to gain a ton of knowledge here, seems like an awesome forum!

Wosmo
09-07-2014, 10:39 PM
Just checking in... I'm currently riding an '83 Honda 650 Nighthawk and before that I had an '82 Kawasaki 750 Spectre. Both of those bikes are great stock (well, I put a round headlight on my Nighthawk, but other than that... ) Anyway, my newest is a '77 Kawasaki KZ400D. I'm not planning any major work with this one either, but I'm thinking semi-café or, at least, 60's/70's British style. This won't really be a 'chop' job but from what I read while I was 'lurking', this seems like a pretty ingenious bunch. Like they say about my oldest boy (who has a knack for getting himself out of trouble, or into depending on how you look at it) atypical problem solving. My kind of place, I'm looking forward to sharing!

Tbone11
09-08-2014, 1:45 AM
hey guys! I'm looking for my first bike and im stuck between two, a pre 80's ironhead orrrrrr a 2000-2005 honda shadow spirit. I know two completlyyyyyy different bikes but im going for a bobber build here and I'm not handy as of yet when it comes to mechanics. I mean i know some people who would be willing to help me but yeah. All the bikes im looking at are under 3k, a couple of spirits at 2500 ready to ride supposedly, no work needed, and then a 74 ironhead that slips out of second at 2900 rpms, and also a 79 ironhead that claims to need a clutch adjustment although it has new clutch discs. Just looking for some tips on how to shop for my first bike since I'm no mechanic and wont be able to really tell if the seller is bs'ing me (mainly on the ironheads). Im trying to be practical here but I also love ironheads and have always dreamed of owning a harley. thanks guys!

Tbone11
09-08-2014, 1:50 AM
correction its a 77 ironhead.

heres the ad

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/4649371446.html

Gimmedanger
09-08-2014, 6:54 AM
Looks like my post didn't make it so I'll say hey again. Currently riding a project/DD '83 shadow 500 in the LIC-Greenpoint area. Wouldn't call it a chop, but it's not stock.

JuanCarlito
09-08-2014, 3:30 PM
hey guys! I'm looking for my first bike and im stuck between two, a pre 80's ironhead orrrrrr a 2000-2005 honda shadow spirit. I know two completlyyyyyy different bikes but im going for a bobber build here and I'm not handy as of yet when it comes to mechanics. I mean i know some people who would be willing to help me but yeah. All the bikes im looking at are under 3k, a couple of spirits at 2500 ready to ride supposedly, no work needed, and then a 74 ironhead that slips out of second at 2900 rpms, and also a 79 ironhead that claims to need a clutch adjustment although it has new clutch discs. Just looking for some tips on how to shop for my first bike since I'm no mechanic and wont be able to really tell if the seller is bs'ing me (mainly on the ironheads). Im trying to be practical here but I also love ironheads and have always dreamed of owning a harley. thanks guys!

Hey also building my first bike this year and learning about mechanics as I go. I would suggest the Honda as mine is a Honda and so far has been very user friendly to figure out. Simply built machines. The iron head is a cooler bike imo but from research Harleys in general seem to need a little more tlc and know how to maintain . . . but fuck it I could be very wrong lol

NickD
09-08-2014, 4:16 PM
NickDG from SoCal . . .

:)

heypilch
09-08-2014, 9:55 PM
I'm not really new, but I'm too lame to ever have posted until now. I do own a ChopCult shirt though - does that count? Actually...I have 3. Two are the exact same, although I can't explain why. Anyway, SoCal etc. Everytime I think I know WTF I'm talking about, I learn a bunch of new shit from you guys and realize that I'm a dumbass. I hate each and every one of my bikes at one time or another. I don't hate any of them right now, but I'll let you know.

NevurMind85
09-09-2014, 8:05 AM
Hi guys. Figured I'd join as I'm looking to buy my first bike. I've been riding for a few years but have never had the money to buy one, but I've been saving.

NevurMind85
09-09-2014, 8:10 AM
So far I've looked at a 82 cb650, 81 kz440 and a Honda rebel so far because they are within my small but growing budget. I'd like to build a mild bobber/cruiser something I could take on the highway to work. So far the cb was the best for that but I'm tall and felt like I was sitting on my feet. The kz didn't run because of a lack of battery and it hadn't been started in 2 years and I liked the rebel but its more like a high powered scooter than a motorcycle and don't thing it would be up to the task of climbing the hill at the highway speed on my way to work. I've been looking at the vstars and shadows but those are out of my reach st the moment. Been thinking of just saving through the winter till I can pick up a vstar. What do you guys think?

cdubb333
09-10-2014, 3:54 PM
What's up guys My name is C.W. I hail from Holland Mi. New to this site and bikes in general. Actually looking for my first bike now . I'm not you typical go buy a bike kind of guy so I'm going to take this fall and winter and build one. I will be in the wind this coming spring. Hope to meet some cool ass like minded friends to ride with and hang out and party . If anybody on here needs any tool or help of any kind please don't hesitate to ask, because as this build gets underway I'll have plenty of questions. I also need another reason to hang out in the HEATED garage and drink!!!

Wolfie
09-10-2014, 8:49 PM
I do own a ChopCult shirt though - does that count?

No... no brownie points....just a lil brown spot on yer nose.....lool....kiddin.....welcome all new members !!!...and any brothers from another that I might have missed....its all good....the more the merrier....assholes however will be chastised as usual, and shamed into leaving, unlike on other boards....if yer REAL....ya belongs here, if ya dont belong, you'll be told......and theres a weath of experience and knowlege.........just dont fuck up and be dickheads, lol....

Murder12
09-12-2014, 9:08 AM
Whats going on, Im from TEXAS. Im almost done with my 02 sporty bobber build. I can't wait to go ride aging, its been about 8 months. But yeah saw a site that full of folks like myself and said HELL YEAH. Happy to be here.

vanderkalin
09-12-2014, 11:24 AM
Hey all, a couple days old member here, starting my first build with a new softail frame, making mistakes already, didn't do my research and have discovered I cant use the motor from my deuce if it doesn't sell, because its a twinkie B. Who knew? Guess I have no choice now, Shovelhead or die! Well, or an Evo I guess. this is going to get expensive.

nofendertom
09-12-2014, 11:48 AM
vanderkalin--- check out Vulcan engineering company for an adapter plate to put
twin cam into an evo frame

vanderkalin
09-12-2014, 1:06 PM
Mines a twin cam B, motor and tranny are bolted together, seat tube is in the way:(.

sparkydeluxe
09-12-2014, 3:37 PM
Hi all. My name is Chuckie and I've been on two wheels for several years. I'm in the rockies of Colorado and I just acquired my first panhead build which is a dream come true. Thank you for all the information you have to offer on this site.

skr00zloose
09-13-2014, 9:11 AM
Name's Steve, in norfolk, va. Been building bikes of all sorts for about 20 years, but I restore antique cars and an occasional bike or two for a living these days.

Anyway, figured I'd introduce myself. Lots of sweet rides floating around here.

FlatFoot
09-15-2014, 3:33 AM
Have lurked here for a while and decided to join. I live in NC and have an ironhead powered chopper. Heavy into traditional hot rods and customs.

garcia2389
09-15-2014, 6:45 PM
Hi, I'm Anthony from Indiana I am an engineer at Cummins and love riding/building stuff!

Last build was a sportster 883 bobber, pretty much just chopped up an existing one and made it how I wanted... took a couple months nothing fancy flipped it real quick once I got bored riding that turd haha

Next build is a rigid frame with springer front end... going to sport a 1200 evo motor... totally looking forward to this build and learning alot on the way as this is my first REAL build

BeatnikJohn
09-16-2014, 8:35 AM
This is my third account in 5 years due to email issues I have, but I know that if I don't post here I'll catch hell...cheers.

thepusher
09-16-2014, 9:31 AM
been a member for a while, new account due to email issues, live in Bakersfield ca.

mctwisty
09-16-2014, 6:20 PM
Been a member for a couple months, thought id post in here. I'm in Dayton, OH. i fix Toyotas, and hang out with my kids. building two XS400s, one is mine, and one is a buddies' wife's bike.

DireWolfOR
09-17-2014, 5:11 PM
Fuck it.

Obligatory intro post. :cheersmate:

I'm on another small forum, and the buddy I bought my '03 DWG from last year in Texas mentioned CC when I started talking about building something.

Almost dropped a grand on an ironhead roller that needed some serious love, then had second thoughts as I'm not terribly petite - Evo? Shovel? Whatever.

Anyway - looks like a nice little place ya'll have here. Not too big, not a ton of dick swinging or bullshit (that I can tell). Decent back and forth and good tech info. Looking forward to it.

You do this intro crap yet, Sparky? :)

In NW Oregon.

SparkPlug678
09-17-2014, 9:27 PM
Fuck it.

Obligatory intro post. :cheersmate:

I'm on another small forum, and the buddy I bought my '03 DWG from last year in Texas mentioned CC when I started talking about building something.

Almost dropped a grand on an ironhead roller that needed some serious love, then had second thoughts as I'm not terribly petite - Evo? Shovel? Whatever.

Anyway - looks like a nice little place ya'll have here. Not too big, not a ton of dick swinging or bullshit (that I can tell). Decent back and forth and good tech info. Looking forward to it.

You do this intro crap yet, Sparky? :)

In NW Oregon.

What's up Hippy?

DireWolfOR
09-17-2014, 10:11 PM
What's up Hippy?

http://www.farmrulz.com/forum/images/smilies/flyingV.gif

SparkPlug678
09-17-2014, 10:14 PM
:clap for you:
http://www.farmrulz.com/forum/images/smilies/flyingV.gif

cobra
09-18-2014, 7:46 AM
Hi, im Dani cobra from Barcelona , spain.
cheers!

jmanor
09-18-2014, 9:13 AM
Hey, I am Jeff from Albany NY. Just picked up a 1982 Suzuki GS1100GL for $400. Has 13,250 miles but has been sitting for years. Doesn't run at all. Put new battery in it and it turns but doesn't turn over (if that makes sense) and throttle grip doesn't move. At first I was like FML engine is seized but that prob isn't the case as it turns. It is a basket case and needs major love but isn't that the fun part. I know basic stuff so this will be a challenge but will learn in the process.

So looking at doing a bobber, and first off is get it running then chop it up. lol. Going to order new spark plugs (NGK) and spark wires, the screws are seized up so having a issue taking Carbs off engine but going to buy W-D 40 to loosen it up if possible. Any places that you guys are gettign suff from for decent price? Also does anyone know any other gas tanks that fit without cutting anything up to give it a more bobber. Would a Yamaha V Star tank work?

Thanks for all the help and can't wait to learn stuff.

Bouclier
09-18-2014, 9:37 AM
Hey all, new guy from Denver. I started out riding enduros, have had two Harleys, but sold them both (one to buy the other, the other when leaving the Army).

Just picked up a 1996 XL1200C (not running) on Monday and am looking forward to wrenching on it over the winter. The plan is to chop it and have something rideable for the spring.

Minimal wrenching experience aside from bar swaps and other nick-nacky stuff, so it'll be a learning experience. Would love to meet up with Denver area/Colorado folks who know more than me.

Cheers

AODA
09-18-2014, 11:11 AM
AODA here AKA Allen Price,Im from Fruithurst Alabama.I stumbled upon this site and i think its badass.I build custom sissy bars and posted some pics in my profile.Im stoked about this site and i hope to contribute.

Thank you.

KortlinM
09-19-2014, 12:39 AM
Greetings,
I'm currently a starving college student working on a teaching credential in the low desert of southern CA. Picked up a 2005 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 and I intend to bob it, well at least half bob, or something, maybe I'll just slap a sticker on the gas tank... My knowledge of motorcycles is fairly vague and minimal. I'm stoked to plunge right in and to learn as much as I can from the info that's readily available here and I hope to contribute something along the way.
Seriously, send me a sticker.
Peace

Freewheeler
09-20-2014, 10:41 PM
Morning!

I've been lurking for a while, based in London, England.

Have been building an Ironhead for sometime, started from scratch with a pile of parts and now have fewer parts, filthy finger nails and improving machining/fabrication skills.

I like the forum, this one is more about the art of it and different ways of producing the same thing and that's what I am into.

Look forward to reading your posts.

Nick

Badreverend
09-21-2014, 3:58 AM
Im Jim, Ive been a member for over a year, but this is my first post. Ive been building and riding choppers for over 25 years. I stopped for a few when a dickless piece of shit stole the bike I had for those 25 years. The reason Im finally posting is I finally got another big twin, its a 87 FLHT, so I have my work cut out for me

Tman66
09-22-2014, 5:11 AM
Hey,

FNG here, from the Houston, Texas area. Hope to learn a thing or two while here and maybe share. Been riding the street for over 30 years now and really like the site.

And fuck DirewolfOR and his little friend Sparky.

unclejerry138
09-25-2014, 11:04 PM
Hey fellas my name is Jarrod I have looked for a couple years but never posted. I'm in Kansas City Mo and ihave an xs650 chopper project that I have been working on. It is getting close enough to start a profile. Pictures to come once I figure out how from my phone.

GreenMachine5
09-26-2014, 3:25 PM
Yep,
I'm new hear, been on a bike of some sort for the last 25 years.
Starting to plan my first build, figured a few of ya would have some cool tips/tricks I could use.
Planning on a 77-79 Ironhead.
I have a good 79 engine on the stand now, just going through it. .20 over and some other bits.
I have had a few Sportsters over the years and always wanted at least one Ironhead that would throw fits, leak, and just piss me off.
So if you know of anyone with a project sitting in the back corner or just a roller let me know.
Im in Oakland CA.

Jr.

Magnificentbastard
09-28-2014, 2:49 AM
Hey all, I am a German from Stuttgart who just found this magnificent forum, I am 40 years old with two rug rats.

My last chop was a cheap vstar 650 which I practically wrecked by riding the shit out of her.

My next planned chop could be a harley or another vstar.

Thank you admins for accepting my registration, I am excited to become part of this great community.

nk14zp
09-28-2014, 8:35 AM
New guy here. Think I'll dig my hardtail xs650 out of the weeds it's been in for the 10-15yrs for a winter project.

motorcycle
09-28-2014, 9:30 AM
Fresh meat out of the Ft Hood/Temple, TX area. Learned some cool shit from the site and decided why not throw my dumb ass opinion in every once in a while. Looking forward to maybe catching a few of the central Texas guys at the drag strip in Little River on the 10th-11th of Oct as it's just a few minutes away.

stitchclimber
09-28-2014, 11:30 AM
Zach from St. Louis here. New to the board. Looking forward to getting to know all yalls.

ErikDaViking
09-29-2014, 7:22 AM
Hey there nerds....New guy from Washington State here. I rider a 2003 Bonneville, got a 1953 BSA B33 thats my project bike, she's a roller now, hoping to be riding it by summer. I'm a tugboat Engineer in Alaska, so I'm underway every other month. Hope to check in here regularly when I'm around.

YourConfused
09-30-2014, 6:56 PM
I bought a 2005 Honda Shadow Spirit VT750DC a couple of weeks ago. I am in the process of chop/bob-ing it up and hope to get to ride it again soon. I've owned a 1982 Kawasaki KZ550LTD, and a 1970 Hodaka Ace 100 in the past. This is my first time modifying a bike, so wish me luck. lol I'll post some before, during and after pics in a short while.

DavoCycle
10-01-2014, 9:19 AM
Hi from Oklahoma City, I've got a 1978 Kawasaki KZ400 cafe, 78 kz400 resto-mod, and I'm starting work on a 78 kz400 hardtail. Used to have a few kz650s and some honda cbs. Been creepin for a while, figured I'd sign up and start posting.

thedudelebowski
10-01-2014, 7:47 PM
Whats up CHOPCULT my names Matt I enjoy bikes,hotrods and anything loud that pisses off the neighbors!You can find me on my 79 shovel in Austin Tx

hound
10-02-2014, 5:20 AM
just joined the site, seems like a badass place to learn a thing or two, my main ride is a '14 lowrider and my project bike is 80 ironhead. lookin forward to changin it up over the winter. be expecting me to ask a bunch of dumb questions

numbnutz
10-02-2014, 5:52 AM

Watching for events and the occasional tech bit that might be useful.
Project - '72 Shovel, '54 frame, front end for days
Daily - '06 FX Springer

Philly 'burbs

Cheers

LizardKing
10-02-2014, 9:29 PM
Whats up CHOPCULT my names Matt I enjoy bikes,hotrods and anything loud that pisses off the neighbors!You can find me on my 79 shovel in Austin Tx

My name is LizardKing but I also go by NowhereMan.
I too love hot rods, bikes, and pissing off the neighbors and on the internut the whole WORLD is yer neighbor!
In many circles of the dark recesses of the anus of the internut I am infamous and well hated.
I say it is due to people with small penises or women who wish they had a large penis or people with no sense of humor.
Most of those people watch the British version of the TV show "The Office".

In my younger days I often did not own a car, just a trusty and rusty XS650 but have owned lots of other bikes.
I need an ugly and hacked up sporty with STYLE.
Better yet, a chopped Injun because I LOVE flatheads!
So much so that the sound of a lawnmower flatty can give me a woody so you could say I am a flatty woodie man.
or even a "wood flat man" but that doesn't sound right to me.
Agghhhhhh, who cares, I have been and often am called far worse.

20miller12
10-03-2014, 8:20 AM
Hey guys names Chris from Jacksonville NC originally from Indiana and I'm rocking a chopped up 79 CM400

Dchill79
10-06-2014, 7:10 PM
New guy here in Austin, been collecting tattoos for the past decade figured it was time to do something else I've always wanted to do since I was kid and get a bike. Looking forward to learning from all you guys. Now to figure out what kind, sporty or Triumph..

Wolfie
10-06-2014, 8:38 PM
Find a 74 Cu In Shovel..... ;) ....you'll be happier in the long run....

Jamiedavis
10-07-2014, 1:56 PM
Hi boys.. New to the site. Been around bikes my whole life. I own a harley and a triumph. Hope to contribute and learn some new stuff along the way.

FantasticMrFox
10-09-2014, 4:06 PM
What's up CC, been lurking for a while, but recently made an account. Been putting around on my passed down 89 sportie that my grandpa put a lot of work into. I want to put some of my personal touch on it, I think he'd like that I did what he did and chopped into it.

nomadic1
10-10-2014, 12:25 PM
Aaron from N.Carolina I ride an 01 sportster..

spank
10-10-2014, 8:28 PM
Spank from the Murder Mitten 1972 Shovelhead 4th reincarnation always learn'n thanks for the addition Peace

Poco
10-11-2014, 10:29 AM
BWVMC Poco, been in here before, but not active. Getting ready to retire in a couple and enjoy. Currently have an '87 Sloptail, an '06 Sloptail, and an '07 Nightster.

Wolfie
10-11-2014, 3:27 PM
Retirement is way cool Poco....just stay active after....if ya veg out, ya die.....I retired 10 yrs ago, but kept busy....my friends who veged,...died....congrats bro....just make sure ya do sumpin with yer free time besides the intenet....I built myself a forge, and make custom knives now, as well as doin bike work.....just keep busy.....the body aint meant to slow down too fast, lol....

Poco
10-11-2014, 3:36 PM
Won't be much slow down. Watched my Dad deteriorate when he took an early out, then watched him come back after he went back to work. Lesson learned there! 'Sides, 24 acres to take care of, firewood to cut and split, and maybe plans to ditch it all and head to Big Bend and start over, LOL!

Wolfie
10-11-2014, 6:00 PM
i got folks up that way....PM me sometime brother...we older folk gotta stay together.... ;)

EXTRACREEPY
10-12-2014, 3:26 PM
Whats up?
41yrs old from Detroit..
I own Pigeon skate shop in Eastpointe.
thats about it.. pretty lame ova hurr.

Scabs
10-12-2014, 7:56 PM
Hey all. I'm Jeremy but friends call me Scabs. From eastern PA, an hour + above Philly. I have a '11 HD Street Glide for cruising and a '06 Sportster 1200 being torn down for a bobber project.

Wolfie
10-13-2014, 4:47 PM
Scabs...I got folks down yer way...South Jersey and in PA....we mostly ride the NY/NJ/PA area (Orange Co, NY...Sussex Co, NJ...and Eastern PA...)...if ya wanna hook up for rides, PM me.....

We were really active fer awhile, then life kicked in fer some....we aint an M/C...just a buncha guys...mostly old timers....some call us the Wolf Pack....but we aint...thats a left coast M/c....its just that Im usually the one that organizes and leads rides....were doin a big ride next year and meetin up with a buncha Ohio boys in central PA....gonna be big....

Scabs
10-13-2014, 5:48 PM
I'm always up for riding. Most of the guys I ride/rode with started having that life issue too and stopped riding. Keep me in mind and I'll come out!

Wolfie
10-13-2014, 6:33 PM
Hell, up my way most of the chopper jocks are well over 50, lol.....Orange fookin County, NY.....I got a guy here in my town...60s...had a stroke....he got his shit back and he's back on his scoot !!!....we're mostly a 40s-50s group though.....got a few youngins, but they got old souls, lol.....

Scabs
10-14-2014, 4:06 PM
I'm a vet so I ride with a lot of older veterans. Most of them are in their 50's, 60's +. I'm the youngest one but I'm all for riding and hanging out.

Wolfie
10-15-2014, 5:01 PM
One of our pack is a member of a vet rider group...he's right over in Lancaster or thereabouts....member here...."Goofin"....shoot him a PM....he comes up here a lot...we run down there....etc....

Scabs
10-16-2014, 4:51 PM
Will do. I appreciate the heads up.

fullmetalfetus
10-17-2014, 12:34 PM
Hi there , I'm brett , so I've been riding a motorcycle for about 2 years now and I'm only 24 now. I've grown up around Harleys and choppers all of my life and always wanted to ride a rigid framed harley but then when it actually came time to getting a bike... I got a Suzuki sv650 because its what I could afford. So I got in to the handling aspects of a sport bike (not the speed of it,that's silly to me) well recently I started my own business welding and making one off little creations and now I find myself having this itch to build a chopper of my own and the fact that I don't really need a 650 bike around my area. So I'm selling it and going to get a rebel 250. And I've decided that this place is a good place to get info. When actually sold and I have the rebel. I'm going to do a voodoo vintage hardtail kit on it. Luckily I live right down the street from their shop so no shipping time! Haha. And whatever else comes to mind for it I'm sure I'll make a build thread.
That's all :D

Tombstonewilly1
10-17-2014, 11:13 PM
Hi all, I'm Bill from Tombstone Arizona. Got two runners and six projects. Hope to find some help and new freinds in here. Ride safe bros...

Mostlocal
10-18-2014, 8:18 AM
I'm Luke. 26. From northeast pa. I ride a deathtrap shovelhead. Nice to meet yall.

Mostlocal
10-18-2014, 8:18 AM
Hey all. I'm Jeremy but friends call me Scabs. From eastern PA, an hour + above Philly. I have a '11 HD Street Glide for cruising and a '06 Sportster 1200 being torn down for a bobber project.

Where abouts? I'm an hour north of philly as well.

Mostlocal
10-18-2014, 11:05 AM
^ sorry, you already told me in another thread. Gotta lay off the devil's lettuce...

67flrider
10-18-2014, 3:34 PM
I have watched the Chop Cult Forum for a while now and figured it was time for me to sign on.

I have a 67 FL. I am the third owner and I have had the bike since 1974.

S&S Stroker 84 CI
S&S Heads
S&S Super E Carb
8.5:1 CR
Andrews B Cam
Solid Lifters
Andrews Close Ratio Gears
22 Tooth Engine Sprocket
24 Tooth Drive Sprocket

grub51
10-19-2014, 12:47 PM
Hi new member here from bay of plenty new Zealand, just heading into summer here in godzone , ride safe

Whitehorse
10-21-2014, 8:45 AM
SE Ohio winter coming and 700 mile 86 sportster chop break -in on hold with shifter issues.. Details to come as I learn to use the forum, looking forward to contributing to early evo sporty knowledge. Chop Cult is a great resource when you live in the sticks like me.

AlleyOop
10-21-2014, 12:01 PM
Hi everybody,
My names Troy, I got tagged Alley Oop a long time ago. My buddy that started it said it was because I look like a cave man and ride dinosaurs. What can I say, no use denying it I guess, lol. I've been on TCU & Hondachoppers a long time and lurked on here for quite a while. I've been riding since I was 10 or 11 years old, (45 now) and have always been into anything with wheels. I may be a little weird even for the crowd here because I love a pristine stockers or restorations as much as chopper, bobbers etc... My current daily rider is a bine stock '82 CB900C. I love that bike, hop on it ride anywhere in the lap of luxury or drop it into low range and kick her in the guts and it's hello Mr. Hyde. I've always loved choppers and have had a few over the years but never built one despite a few false starts. Right now I'm working on 2 Amen Savior frames. A Z1 and a CB750. I started the Zed back in January and got derailed by personal issues. I hope to get back on track with it soon. Currently I'm trying to get my shit together on the 750 for kind of a quick & dirty chop just to have to tool around on till I get the Zed finished. A couple weeks ago I picked up a rough 750 Hondamatic for super cheap and got it running good except for some shifter issues. I plan to use it in the 750 Amen frame at least for now. Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

KeysRyder
10-23-2014, 9:10 AM
Hello to all just joined and wanted to say hi. New to choppers and starting my first build, and found a lot of useful info here so thanks for that. I am a prior drag racer so all my money went into that, but always wanted to build a bar hopper but just couldn't spare the cash for it and my drag bikes. Now since relocating to the florida keys, seems the perfect place to have a bike like I have wanted. Picked up my "donor" bike a little while back, an 86 883/1200 that had already had some bobbing done to it. I plan on hardtailing it and stretching the back bone and extending the downtubes to match the lines of the hardtail. And a springer frontend. So anyway hi to all.

Whitehorse
10-23-2014, 10:58 AM
Hi all, I'm Bill from Tombstone Arizona. Got two runners and six projects. Hope to find some help and new freinds in here. Ride safe bros...

You're a Daisy if you Do.

Welcome!

Fro
10-23-2014, 4:17 PM
Hello everyone my name is Fro and Im from Dade City Fl and I will be building a 81 xs650 that I bought 3 yrs ago started collecting parts but never started build but I'm ready to get started now.
Look forward to learning more about bikes and also having some good laughs here.

NCAmother
10-24-2014, 8:04 PM
I don't believe in cults. But I like a lot of things

Stumblerschopperclub
10-27-2014, 2:07 PM
We are a chopper club from Asheville NC, many of us have been on here for years individually, finally decided to make a club account!

TuffLuckTom
10-27-2014, 3:05 PM
We are a chopper club from Asheville NC, many of us have been on here for years individually, finally decided to make a club account!

SFFS!!! Stumblers Style!

halfrican
10-27-2014, 6:09 PM
Halfrican from Cedar Rapids putting together an 82 xs650 basket case brat/chopper/bobber thing.

kzkriss1
10-28-2014, 3:48 PM
Hello Chopcult,
Chris here, ontario canada. Owned a few bikes over the years, Kawi's and Harleys, with one beemer and one BSA thrown in for good measure. Currently have a rebuilt/modified, kick-only Ironhead and just picked up, and am overhaulin' another KZ 1000. For some reason I love those big ol' Kawi's the most. Its a 1982 so its the newest bike i've ever owned, damn near new!

RIDE
10-29-2014, 12:53 PM
RD here... After the first 200 miles the rest of the day will be painless.

Ride.

KZRyan
10-29-2014, 1:06 PM
Ryan from San Antonio.

Picked up this Kz750 couple months ago

rigid was pretty rough. picked up a voodoo hard tail and getting after it.

Wolfie
10-30-2014, 5:30 PM

Welcome, brothers........and all new members....

...andddd....I guess with that, I should say that the core of the Wolf Pack been here for a LONG time.....unless the boys want to, "I" aint makin no club account.....lol....we is what we is.....
We like to stay up on that rocky knoll, and run in the shadows.... *wink*....

OleDirtyDoc
10-30-2014, 6:52 PM
We is what we is...

Ejsarno
10-31-2014, 11:57 AM
Hello folks Im Ed live in Brooklyn started building a 1971 Ironhead first build and looking forward too it1

Wolfie
10-31-2014, 8:05 PM
Haya Ed....my kids live in Brooklyn...Im a lil more upstate....lemme know if ya needs any help with yer build.....

OleDirtyDoc
11-01-2014, 1:39 PM
Cool Ed I've got a 74 ironhead in pieces in my shop.welcome

johnray
11-03-2014, 1:36 PM
I guess I'll finally do this instead of being a creeper. I'm from Louisiana right now I'm working on an 02 shadow. It's not my first build but it seems to be taking the longest out of all of them.

pitbulldogva
11-04-2014, 6:06 PM
Danny from Richmond, Va. 96 FXDWG and a 71 XLCH 53216

BobRoss78
11-05-2014, 1:15 AM
I'm Ross. im 20 and i live just north of the colorado border in wyoming. ive been a long time lurker and finally decided to create an account. im snowboard buddies with ashy, red baron, and boomboomthump on here.

this summer i built my first bike, 82 cb750. it was my first summer working a well paying job that enabled me to afford a bike. i finished the bike late september and am still adding various small things to it, but have already sold it to my brother and moved on to the next one.

'74 cb750 chop project is in the garage for the winter.

SkinGolem
11-05-2014, 8:28 AM
Hey all. Name's Clutch from Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. Currently on a '99 750 Shadow ACE, with some DIY custom parts. Looking for anyone in my area or Minnesota for events as well as well as riding bros.

FiddleFootJones
11-05-2014, 5:11 PM
Hello all, new to the forums and introducing myself. Name is Dean, I am a bike builder from the great state of Minnesnowta. I was a metal fabricator by trade for a number of years, as well as an auto body tech and painter, and an artist and gear head by nature. So, with all of the skills I've gathered over the years, about a year ago, I decided it was time to open up a custom shop and build bikes full time. Anyways, just thought I'd drop a line.

chrisbowens
11-08-2014, 1:22 AM
Hello all,

New here from Mountain House CA, I stumbled on this forum while researching some Burly Brand café stuff a while back. I am currently just about done with a late model 883 café conversion and figured I would poke around and see if there is interest before posting a build thread.

I have been riding since I was a kid and have had many different types of bikes thru the years. Currently I have a 2013 883 that I have been converting into a Café style bike for the last 5 months. I should be done with here in the next 2 weeks. I just have to polish up some wiring and mount the wheels.

This is my first "build" and I am definitely a novice but have been learning a lot along the way. Most of the build is largely bolt on additions with some custom chopping and paint. Here is a link the a build thread on a different forum if interested.

http://www.hdridersusa.com/sportster/7758-my-2013-iron-883-cafe-build.html#post192031

Thanks a lot guys,
Chris

Medic40
11-08-2014, 2:03 PM
Howdy howdy from Northern RI. I ride a chop with an 80" Evo HD powered chop with Edlebrock heads and some other spicy additions. Currently torn down to the bones for a full bike rebuild and re spray of the clear after four camping trips this year.... frigin awesome year of riding this year. Anyone one from the great north east up on this thing. Hello to all. I have used the forums for a while and have pretty much exclusivily been buying parts of the classifieds from small shop guys here. ALL have been good.
Shiny side up..

below is a the place I call home.

Dump
11-08-2014, 2:49 PM
What's up everybody My name is Danny. I go by Dump, I'm retired Army and just got to build my first chop. It's an Ironhead titled as a 73 but used several different years to complete the Dumpster Rat! I live in Duncan Oklahoma and plan on spending my retirement building and riding old Iron. Hope to see some of you out on the road!

SmirkyMaximus
11-08-2014, 9:41 PM
Sup fellers! New here and I'm looking to learn as much as I possibly can.

I'm ridding a 08 HD rocker c. I've had the thing torn apart more times than I care to rememeber. I do all my work cause I can't stand giving my money to the stealer. Plus doing my own work keeps my sane.

wornshoes
11-09-2014, 9:36 PM
Just a crippled guy trying to live the dream through my wife. I will assemble, modify, fabricate this scooter and she will ride the thing.

FNHOSTILE
11-11-2014, 10:45 AM
Hey from MN snowy hell. Project season begins.

Wolfie
11-12-2014, 6:28 PM
i heard ya got yer asses dumped on by snow,,,,bummer....was 58 here today, rode 40 miles, but got hammered by hail on way back.....I hate winter....

Hay...wornshoes....dont give up.....there's always a way.....

80shovelEd
11-13-2014, 2:58 AM
Eddie from omaha, new to the site.its Been very helpful so far

Northup87
11-13-2014, 5:17 AM
Hello All From Michigan's Upper Peninsula! Bikes in the basement is 50 pieces and there's a foot of snow outside!

deeznutz
11-14-2014, 7:48 PM
What's up people, starting my first build 01 Suzuki marauder vz800 That I got in June. Wasn't long before I realized i needed to chop this bitch up.

Fedagent
11-14-2014, 8:53 PM
Hi forum. New to chops, but not bikes. Coming over from the sportbike world.

JPT
11-17-2014, 4:55 PM
Check'in in here with a intro, been looking at the site for a while & figured its time... i have a few bikes but most of the time ride a panhead chopper.

Societate
11-17-2014, 7:41 PM
Hello everyone...

Not sure what to say here... I build hand build garage bikes... mostly luck and a little trial and error, bikes I currently have below.

79 Shovelhead FLH80 resto-mod
03 Sportster 1450 custom - inprogress
75 Ironhead (soon to be) Chopper (new to me, just got it 11/17/14)
81 Honda CB750 CafeTracker
83 Honda CB650 Bobber
81 Suzuki GS1000 cafe - in progress

I also have a line of motorcycle oriented leather goods and raw denim coming down the pipeline for a little hand build in Chicago action.

More to come, because despite the list, i have only gotten into Harleys in the last year, and the shovel was the first build. Lots of head banging to the wall and stupid questions asked to get that one done, but fun none the less.

Looking forward to making friends and alienating strangers all at the same time on here...

blacklabel82
11-17-2014, 9:08 PM
name is mike. Wanted to say hey. Working on a vstar 650 classic build. Found this forum and saw some awesome stuff....got some inspiration. Lol. Cant wait to really tear into the bike this winter. Right now im running some 12" apes, some homemade pipes, and have dropped the rear end. Ditched the stock mirrors for a single bar end setup and am getting ready to start on the rear fender. Look forward to poating pics and getting input from everyone.

Albertus
11-20-2014, 7:18 AM
Just wanted to say hi. Great site. Lots of great builds here.

jaredshaunsmith
11-20-2014, 9:59 PM
yo!
my name's jared I'm new here. been lurking for a year or so and I finally decided to sign up since I have a 1960 ironhead I'll be building up and doing a thread on.

I live in el cerrito, ca and work in Berkeley as a software engineer. spent most of my life in north Florida near Tallahassee.

myevotwin
11-23-2014, 5:19 PM
Hello all,

Stumbled on your How To Tech thread a few weeks ago while searching for some tips on my current build and decided to sign up. I'm into my third build and have been documenting them along the way...

97 Fatboy https://sites.google.com/site/myevotwin/
81 FLH https://sites.google.com/site/my81flh/
and another 81 FLH that I'm currently working
https://sites.google.com/site/81flhbobber/home

CROSS
11-23-2014, 6:22 PM
Hey seems like a great site to visit and lotsa tech and builds in here glad i found it Respect

Nuttymad
11-25-2014, 12:31 AM
Hey guys. New member, although I've been lurking for a while. Got an 89 XL 1200 last summer. Rode the hell out of it all summer, but now it's time to do some mods. Thought I might need some support as this is the first bike I'll be doing mods on myself. Anyway, I plan on changing out 14 apes currently on it for biltwell window bars and get some 4" dog bone risers. Relocate ignition coil, ignition, choke, horn. Change to springer solo seat. Lower back end, either with new shocks or lowering kit. Replace all turn signals with much smaller ones and replace tail light with sparto or iron cross. Possibly add sissy bar. Gonna try a rattle can paint job. Flame job over raw metal or over black or real dark green. Just pulled the tins off (ditched the front fender) and started sanding four layers off. Looking for an old school look. I'll post some pics soon. Cheers.

rellykussell
11-25-2014, 2:01 AM
My names Kelly, I'm 22 and live in San Diego. Ive been lurking for a few months now. New to motorcycles and am currently working on my first build. Its a 95 sporty. Looking forward to learning more on here.

Phantom09
11-25-2014, 6:13 AM
My names Tyler been looking around the site for awhile now here and there. I'm currently on a '13 Shadow Phantom. Hoping to pick up a project bike soon, but I'm working with what I got. Anyways heres a pic of my turd.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag86/93bagged/4E8524D6-EB48-4B28-95A4-67DADC5C2B5D_zpswvvbonz0.jpg (http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/93bagged/media/4E8524D6-EB48-4B28-95A4-67DADC5C2B5D_zpswvvbonz0.jpg.html)

JamesJ
11-25-2014, 10:02 AM
Hey guys. My name is Jim, I'm from eastern pa. I ride a 06 sportster that I'm constantly working on till it's up to my standards. I've lurked for months now and have picked up some valuable tips here and there. To be honest this is the most helpful website I've ever been to except google.

kev72
11-25-2014, 10:49 AM
Hey everyone. Kev from Iowa.