PDA

View Full Version : Killer Ironhead "Literally"

24Cycles
09-22-2009, 5:44 PM
I just picked this fine gem up in Long Beach last week. It has been in storage since 2003 when like the title says, its past owner tried to cut around a semi and clipped a curb. In the process he was thrown from the bike and hit chest 1st int a telephone pole in the LBC and died at the scene.
His brother inherited the bike and just put her in storage. I saw the add for several weeks in Craigslist for 3500.00 and figured I could get it for a steal. I called up the owner and asked why it had not sold yet. He was clear as to disclose the story behind the bike and said she runs great but with the title I have to include the cert. of death and it is on it. He wanted to keep her but his wife said ride it or sell it.
I already picked up the -2in Springer for her and trying to figure out what bolt on hard tail to go with...... I am going to go with a hardtail frame but want to be able to ride her well bulding the new chassi. I dont want to hack a perfectly good Harley frame when I can get a hardtail frame for under 700.00 with the economy in the shitter!
Some guys are scared to ride a dead mans bike that he died on...... I say bring it!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2515/3945495595_8cb35e790b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2535/3946276720_31cf9f16cb.jpg

JoeTCreep
09-22-2009, 6:07 PM
wow. Neat looking bike. Sad history, but history none the less.
If that guy is watching im sure he'd want someone riding his bike, not it sitting around wasting away.

mjasen10
09-22-2009, 6:14 PM
i agree, ride the piss out of it, im sure thats what the guy wud ve wanted. thats what id want anyways

MCKENNA209
09-22-2009, 6:16 PM
Leave as is and ride.

CreepyJack13
09-22-2009, 6:19 PM
Leave as is and ride.

I agree. That thing's cool as shit as is...

24Cycles
09-22-2009, 8:33 PM
I have a foundness for taking a chain saw to my toys and this one is the next victim..... I rather make it my own

Armymedic74
09-22-2009, 8:37 PM
Nice score man ride the demons outta that thing!

elTee
09-22-2009, 8:58 PM
Nice score, sad to see a bike like that go under the knife, looks perfect to me, only thing I'd change is the grips. I know its your bike though so I aint talkin shit.
And that early drum front end is way cool, I'm sure you'll have no problems finding someone to take it off your hands!

24Cycles
09-22-2009, 9:24 PM
No worries.... I am trying to see If I can figure out how to get the drum to work on the new Springer. I havent seen one done yet so I asume it is not possible but I will give it a look. I actually like the bike the way it looks as well but I also would never find one as cheap as I got this thing for and in good running condition.
Its that old catch 22 but unfortunatley this ones getting the darkside of the dueses

Yamahad
09-22-2009, 9:44 PM
ill paypal you 20 US dollars to see you take a CHAIN SAW to that mother fucker... seriously.. upload it to youtube and show me how much damage a chainsaw will do to it.

EnglandStGarage
09-22-2009, 10:21 PM
i love that bike. you cant beat the price either. just pour a lil bit of your 40oz out for the old guy, take those grips off chop the fender and ride it till it falls apart, then rebuild.

24Cycles
09-22-2009, 10:29 PM
I pour a Wisky over her well eatin a Balogne Sandwich and gave the her past owner best wishes well I mounted his girl!
I always wanted a Ironhead...... I always liked nasty girls.....its all the more appealing to know shes a killa......lolz
I bought her for 2300.00

CreepyJack13
09-23-2009, 5:47 AM
No worries.... I am trying to see If I can figure out how to get the drum to work on the new Springer. I havent seen one done yet so I asume it is not possible but I will give it a look. I actually like the bike the way it looks as well but I also would never find one as cheap as I got this thing for and in good running condition.
Its that old catch 22 but unfortunatley this ones getting the darkside of the dueses

Dan Collins has a springer on his Sportster with a Sportster drum. I can't remember how he said he got it all to work though.

http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=37088&d=1229456197

And wow, killer score for that price!!!

24Cycles
09-23-2009, 5:56 AM
Dan Collins has a springer on his Sportster with a Sportster drum. I can't remember how he said he got it all to work though.

http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=37088&d=1229456197

And wow, killer score for that price!!!

CreepyJack13
Thanks for this!!!!!! This is exactly what I was looking for! Is he a member on this board? I would like to pick his brain on this mod as I would like to keep as much of her OG stuff as possible.

Thanks RoTTeN

CreepyJack13
09-23-2009, 6:00 AM
I don't know that he's a member here yet. He's on the JJ and the HAMB, though. Easy enough to find him. Google Old Gold Garage Company and Victory Studios Electric Tattoo. Super nice guy.

Glad to help!!!

24Cycles
09-23-2009, 6:44 AM
Thanks for your help Creepyjack13 where you from?

dirtyd
09-23-2009, 6:56 AM
man that drum on the springer is cool as hell man. Oh and hell of a nice find on that sporty man, hell of a nice find. Im glad to see its going to get ridden again. I wouldnt worry about history, although I guess there is some mystique to owning a killer bike. But I think it was operator error that killed the guy or another person causeing the crash ? right . I mean it wasnt like the bike slung him into a telephone pole. Kick ass ironhead though it is set up nice. Have fun on it. Creepy wat up !

Scraper
09-23-2009, 7:07 AM
ironic - shes the same color as christine... nice score. like others said, id change the grips & be done but if you dig the style of the IH creepy posted, you certainly have good taste.

http://www.autocult.com.au/img/gallery/TorqueOmata124.jpg

24Cycles
09-23-2009, 7:12 AM
Thanks Dirtyd
Ya it was 100% riders fault his brother said. He said they tried to find away to pin his death on someone else ...... I guess the denial issue that his brother could have made a error in jurdgement like that...... but said they found it was his brother fault....... sad.
The bike only suffered minor road rash, in fact I almost questioned his claim till I saw the paperwork.
I can't wait to get her going with my touches on her. I always like to put my taste into things I own. I could never just buy a bike and keep it the way I bought it. Im pretty excited to see that keeping the drum up front might be possible as it adds to the nostagia for me

RoTTeN

24Cycles
09-23-2009, 7:15 AM
Scraper funny you point that out..... The brother I got her from even gave me the paint from PPG that was used to paint her. I should look up the color Christine was painted and see if the colors match lol

CreepyJack13
09-23-2009, 5:02 PM
Thanks for your help Creepyjack13 where you from?

SoCal. Culver City.

kromsucks
09-23-2009, 5:35 PM
i would leave it exactly the way it is so the owner doesnt get pissed and make you crash
just kidding chop the shit out of it

CreepyJack13
09-23-2009, 7:53 PM
atomrotten, I spoke with Mr. Collins earlier this evening and told him that if he got any messages from a guy asking about his springer, it would be you. He said it had been a while since he went through it, but would be happy to answer any questions that he could.

24Cycles
09-23-2009, 10:32 PM
atomrotten, I spoke with Mr. Collins earlier this evening and told him that if he got any messages from a guy asking about his springer, it would be you. He said it had been a while since he went through it, but would be happy to answer any questions that he could.

Thanks man, I appriciate you taking the time to help me get this girl straightened out. As much as disk brakes stop you when you need to be stopped, having a drum is "Old Skool" I will let you know how this goes in this thread....

RoTTeN

CreepyJack13
09-24-2009, 2:25 AM
Cool!! Can't wait to see how it turns out...

reconhell
09-24-2009, 3:21 AM
What a sweet find with a creepy story. Chop the jinx out of it!

billybiltit
09-24-2009, 3:25 PM
what reconhell said!!!!!!!!!

leon holmes

njkintzel
09-24-2009, 3:56 PM
Leave it the way it is!

24Cycles
09-24-2009, 4:04 PM
for 7000.00 I will leave her the way she is lol

CreepyJack13
09-24-2009, 4:11 PM
for 7000.00 i will leave her the way she is lol

lol!!!

dirtyd
09-25-2009, 8:29 AM
damn man, you mean that the color chip may be the same as christine haha thats getting freakier and freakier by the day. cool though. got to find some big ass crazy chrome gaudy lookin thing from one of them cars and incorporate it into the build. :LOL!!