PDA

View Full Version : nearly $200k for this BSA ?

JustinRookie
02-15-2011, 5:35 PM
http://www.chopcult.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11824&stc=1&d=1297812732
I've been lovin this bike on all of the webs and forums, and looking forward to getting up close and seeing it in person. Got some time off work and made my way to the Cosmopolitan in Vegas, and found it for sale at a mens clothing store 'Stiched', at least I got to check it out.

It's a nice bike for sure, but $195,000.00 ??? More than my house. The guy designed and built everything on the bike, and it took him 11 months but $195k's a bet steep IMO.

LAMF
02-15-2011, 5:38 PM
it reminds me of a tractor or something, its def. different. everything I own is way less than 195,000 all put together haha

TRUMPNUT
02-15-2011, 6:35 PM
Its only to much if nobody buys it . If it sells then it wasn't to much

choppadude
02-15-2011, 6:44 PM
I could buy 5 of my houses for that much!

ridemore16
02-15-2011, 6:50 PM
I think it's more for shock value considering it's being displayed in a Vegas clothing "boutique".

JustinRookie
02-15-2011, 6:52 PM
to shock people in to thinking the clothes they sell are overpriced, or what?

LinkBelt
02-15-2011, 6:54 PM
I think it looks like a mail box. Just put a little red flag on it and set it in front of you house.

ridemore16
02-15-2011, 6:55 PM
I would think it would be the opposite. The overpriced clothes probably look like a deal with a $195,000 motorcycle in the window.

olboots
02-15-2011, 7:20 PM
I'm gonna buy it then chop it. fuck art.

LinkBelt
02-15-2011, 7:35 PM
I'm gonna buy it then chop it. fuck art.

Hell yeah, +1 tits and all that shit. Only few can be chop gods the rest can go to moco hell.

pangeaspeed
02-17-2011, 12:56 PM
i think its brilliant, and the fabrication quality is far above what these "bike builders" are putting out...aka find old chopper parts and bolt them togeather and say you built it. who cares how much they are asking for it really, if you can afford to buy a work like this more power to ya, at least another artist / fabricator will be able to make a living doing something he loves.

CMA406
02-17-2011, 2:15 PM
im calling this shit right now, the ed hardy clothing and fat tire occ chop trend is going to be replaced by dudes in girls jeans, fedoras, and scarfs riding thier "artistic vintage british motorbike"...

guschambers
02-17-2011, 2:26 PM
wonder if he got the srm bearing conversion? then it's worth it for sure.

image1
02-17-2011, 3:22 PM
who cares how much they are asking for it really, if you can afford to buy a work like this more power to ya, at least another artist / fabricator will be able to make a living doing something he loves.

+1, beautiful craftsmanship

hugodv01
02-17-2011, 10:36 PM
+1

I had some kids in tight jeans trash talk my Evo the other day. They said Harleys suck! They said "cafe's are cool "they made me feel like an old fart and since I like dating chicks that are mid 20's I thought to myself that my Harley would become an obstacle and so i second guessed myself. I ran straight to the magazine rack and bought a Details mag so I can get in touch with the latest fashion trends. I even thought about getting lypo and some hair plugs. shit man. I hate getting old..

im calling this shit right now, the ed hardy clothing and fat tire occ chop trend is going to be replaced by dudes in girls jeans, fedoras, and scarfs riding thier "artistic vintage british motorbike"...

LinkBelt
02-18-2011, 12:27 AM
BEAUTIFUL CRAFTSMANSHIP? Are you guys fucking kidding me? The whole fucking bike is square, looks like the whole body of it was formed around a rail road tie. The front end looks like it was just cut out of flat sheet metal and welded together. Man open your eyes the only thing on this bike with any curves is the frame. It's like the old Volvo station wagon of bikes.

Lbfam730
02-18-2011, 12:42 AM
Not my cup of tea, especially for $200K. Give me a truck load of Ducati 1198's instead and I'll do laps around the clothing store.

image1
02-18-2011, 7:55 AM
BEAUTIFUL CRAFTSMANSHIP? Are you guys fucking kidding me? The whole fucking bike is square,

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just because its not round doesn't mean the finish work & yes CRAFTSMANSHIP is bad... If you saw that bike in person you would be floored, the attention to detail is amazing, and FINELY crafted, no booger welds slathered in bondo, no zip ties and spaghetti wiring, no ill fitting pieces, nice hardware, etc. We're not discussing whether you like it design wise, we are saying the work is VERY nice. As mentioned above, this isn't a conglomeration of 'cool' parts, its all handmade stuff, and VERY nicely handmade stuff.

KT
02-18-2011, 8:53 AM
OCC has nice craftsmanship but yet everyone hates ...This is a British OCC bike basically yes the metal work is good and clean one off made parts etc etc but it still looks like a chrome turd ... uncomfortable to look at ,looks uncomfortable to ride and uncomfortable to pay for ...if that sum bitch was built by paul jr you all would be hating ...If you don't build a bike for function I really dunno why your wasting your time ...sorry if that hurts anyones butthole just my 2 cents ...:kill::asshat::eek::D

Jackster
02-18-2011, 9:16 AM
I think it looks just like a chopped and narrowed lawnmower body on top of a Schwinn chopper bicycle, but I do honestly admire the CRAFTSMANSHIP!

ridemore16
02-18-2011, 9:18 AM
I'm not sure if you've seen an OCC bike in person, but I'd question the craftsmanship. My local shop had the "National Guard Bike" in for work and I checked it out. Lots of "craftsmanship" by OCC included double sided tape. I usually can appreciate something about ANYTHING with two wheels, but I'd venture to bet that BSA will not sell for asking price.

image1
02-18-2011, 9:52 AM
OCC has nice craftsmanship

LOL!!!! i would strongly disagree with that, especially in comparison to this bike.

Its not my favorite bike, not something i would build, not something i would buy...but it is VERY well made.

Hoofhearted
02-18-2011, 11:33 AM
Well made it may be but its still uglier than my ass after a bad crap. The decimal point in the price is two places to far to the right.

KT
02-18-2011, 1:11 PM
This bike was built for one thing to haul to shows and put in the one off freak class ...and to me that's not choppers its not motorcycles ....it's under sculpture or creative expression at your local art gallery made to sit somewhere and make the drones go ohhh and ahhh ........ I think most people are just trying to be nice like telling a fat ugly girl she has good people skills ...:D:p

quote:" ricky bobby with all do respect" it looks like busted out ass ..not quality of work but over all design ..

Hooligan80
02-18-2011, 6:25 PM
Is it me,or is anyone else reminded of ExciteBike?

Torch
02-18-2011, 11:33 PM
it might be worth $195 thousand if it has $192 thousand cash in that aluminum suitcase in front of the seat.

CRFyou
02-19-2011, 2:37 PM
it's time for us to act like legit bikers.

let's take a cinder block, chuck it through that shop keeper's window, and snaffle that fucking thing.

then i'll go down on my old lady, on top of that bike in my living room, while all you guys drink coors original around us yelling obscene encouragements regarding my sexual prowess.

Hooligan80
02-19-2011, 4:30 PM
it's time for us to act like legit bikers.

let's take a cinder block, chuck it through that shop keeper's window, and snaffle that fucking thing.

then i'll go down on my old lady, on top of that bike in my living room, while all you guys drink coors original around us yelling obscene encouragements regarding my sexual prowess.

Dude,you're going to sever her spine on those sharp edges.

CRFyou
02-20-2011, 7:13 PM
Dude,you're going to sever her spine on those sharp edges.

are you in or not? you have the name "hooligan" which means you should be cool with it!

ragnarok
02-20-2011, 9:42 PM
if you think about this mathematically

this guy thinks for his 11 months invested for each month he deserves $17,727.00
so per week this guy thinks he deserves $4431.75

around 600 bucks a day.

I dont think there is a font that will allow me to type HA big enough.

Hooligan80
02-20-2011, 10:38 PM
are you in or not? you have the name "hooligan" which means you should be cool with it!

I'm in for anything that has to do with smashing things,severing spines,drinking beer and going down on your old lady..

Jackster
02-20-2011, 11:45 PM
i'm in for anything that has to do with smashing things,severing spines,drinking beer and going down on your old lady..

lmfao

TRUMPNUT
02-21-2011, 6:51 PM

That is so fucking true . I just spit my soda all over when I read this

CRFyou
02-21-2011, 10:15 PM
I'm in for anything that has to do with smashing things,severing spines,drinking beer and going down on your old lady..

i'm sending you an internet high five!

Let's do this shit! may the bridges we burn light the way...

Hooligan80
02-22-2011, 5:10 AM

My sense of humor returned when I got laid again. Amazing what happens when you have a woman in your life again,right? And here's an internet high five right back and to doing stupid shit and hoping we don't get caught. Man,the Mayans are gonna be pissed

LinkBelt
02-22-2011, 8:30 AM

My sense of humor returned when I got laid again. Amazing what happens when you have a woman in your life again,right? And here's an internet high five right back and to doing stupid shit and hoping we don't get caught. Man,the Mayans are gonna be pissed

You two really are fucking dorks. Anyway I'm down. Not really just wanted one of those internet high fives, never had one of those before.

I say we string it up from a tree and have a Mexican themed party. We can beat it with a bat and see if we get any cool BSA parts to fall out. All the while drinking Margaritas eating fajitas and CRFyous ole lady. LOL

image1
02-22-2011, 10:14 AM
around 600 bucks a day.

what is standard labor rate at a shop?? $60/hr is on the low end, making a 10 hour day.... doesn't seem to far out of line.

LinkBelt
02-22-2011, 10:33 AM
good thing it isn't mine cause the shop would have to pay me labor rate and a half just to own the ugly fucking thing. All I can say is what a waste of a good BSA motor.

Hooligan80
02-23-2011, 5:21 AM
You two really are fucking dorks. Anyway I'm down. Not really just wanted one of those internet high fives, never had one of those before.

I say we string it up from a tree and have a Mexican themed party. We can beat it with a bat and see if we get any cool BSA parts to fall out. All the while drinking Margaritas eating fajitas and CRFyous ole lady. LOL

Man,that was racist and you stole one of my jokes. You are officially now in the asshole category,and not the cool assholes like us,but the asshole that no one talks to and they string his bike up like a pinata type asshole. The joke only works once,dick.. Now where's your bike and ol' lady..

LinkBelt
02-23-2011, 10:44 AM
Sorry Bro, must have missed your pinata joke just goes to show great minds think alike. And I was already an official asshole before you told me that. I am sorry to inform you that if it wasn't for assholes like me hemroids like you wouldn't have anyone to hang out with. Man I love that line.
Anyway :cheersmate:

justinspace
02-23-2011, 11:09 AM
if i had to ride an art bike id pick the bsa.
http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp81/justinspace77/cool%20stuff/chris_fletchner_berzerker.jpg
http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp81/justinspace77/cool%20stuff/zion-express07.jpg

Hooligan80
02-23-2011, 5:23 PM
Sorry Bro, must have missed your pinata joke just goes to show great minds think alike. And I was already an official asshole before you told me that. I am sorry to inform you that if it wasn't for assholes like me hemroids like you wouldn't have anyone to hang out with. Man I love that line.
Anyway :cheersmate:

I was just fucking with you anyways. What happens when a bunch of assholes get together?

A whole lotta shit!

turbonate
02-24-2011, 12:49 PM
if i had to ride an art bike id pick the bsa.
http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp81/justinspace77/cool%20stuff/chris_fletchner_berzerker.jpg
http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp81/justinspace77/cool%20stuff/zion-express07.jpgif bikes like these are the next big thing, ron finch if going to be fucking RICH! he was building stupid looking shit before stupid looking shit was cool.