PDA

View Full Version : spoke service needed MI

mtrcty
02-11-2011, 7:04 AM
Who should I call to have my xs650 rims relaced and tires mounted in south east MI? Or should I try doing it myself ? Only thing that concerns me is get them true.

clutchfluid
03-02-2011, 10:31 PM
there is a bike shop on gratiot and around 12 mile ish. its a harley shop but they laced and tured my wheels after power coat.

mtrcty
03-03-2011, 7:10 AM
I grew up on that side of town ,are you talking about Demasters ? Is that place still there?

Chris300s
03-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Yeah you can do them yourself, it's not too difficult. Most bike manuals include instructions on how to lace and true a wheel. You need to rig up a stand and axle to true them up. You'll need a milkcrate and tire levers to put on a tire.
Demasters is long gone.
I'm dropping my wheels off a Vision Cycle on Gratiot North of Mt. Clemens. It'll cost about $75 more than just ordering the tires but I want them trued and dynamically balanced (which I can't do at home).
There's a add on the Detroit CL for a shop in Plymouth offering mount and balance for $25 off the bike. Don't know what they charge for lacing.

Chris

mtrcty
03-03-2011, 6:43 PM
Yeah you can do them yourself, it's not too difficult. Most bike manuals include instructions on how to lace and true a wheel. You need to rig up a stand and axle to true them up. You'll need a milkcrate and tire levers to put on a tire.
Demasters is long gone.
I'm dropping my wheels off a Vision Cycle on Gratiot North of Mt. Clemens. It'll cost about $75 more than just ordering the tires but I want them trued and dynamically balanced (which I can't do at home).
There's a add on the Detroit CL for a shop in Plymouth offering mount and balance for $25 off the bike. Don't know what they charge for lacing.

Chris
Thanks for all the info, I may try doing it myself.